IGNORED

need help with video (Godtube/Youtube format)

Guest LadyC

Guest LadyC

ok, this morning i videotaped some special music at our church. i'd like to upload it onto Godtube... now, the instructions for doing it on godtube is exactly the same as for youtube, so i'm hoping someone here has some experience.

the song is only about five minutes long, so that part is within the allowed parameters. BUT... the file size is 711 mb, WAY over the limit.

any suggestions??

Check out the Help file for the program you are using to create the video file. That will tell you about either file compression or bit depth of the output file. The term used will probably depend on the software you are using to make the video file, but it has an effect on the output file size. It sounds as if this may be part of the reason your file is too big.

Guest LadyC

well, it was created on my new digital camera, so it's not a program on my computer... BUT, i just bought winAVI video converter and it did a really nice job of converting it to a wmv format in a small enough file size!

well, it was created on my new digital camera, so it's not a program on my computer... BUT, i just bought winAVI video converter and it did a really nice job of converting it to a wmv format in a small enough file size!

Glad to hear you got it sorted............. :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

and the link is .... where? :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

OK ... you stuck it in another thread ... sneaky!

Guest LadyC

LOL, when i'd posted this thread, the video was still in the "gotsta be approved by the godtube godlies" realm... and by the time they approved it, i figured it would get more attention in the fellowship hall! :whistling: