• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

to unred typo,

We have reached a stalemate and I'm not budging. I'll dismiss myself with one of my favourite quotes.................."All things are possible with God."

C/YA

Go well.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. Psalm 5:5 KJV

We have all heard and probably all said, "God hates the sin and loves the sinner". Well, what do we do with this verse?

My apologies to Ddavid. I don't know how we got so far off topic. It was a great topic on it's own without the rabbit trail, too. :) I think everyone got everything they wanted to express about that and then we just rambled on on the whole 'future' subject. Sorry. :laugh:

Sounds like a lot of sermons I've heard, "no extra charge on that little diddy" now back to the sermon...lol

Guest shiloh357
Omniscience means that God knows all things that are possible for Him to know. Your problem is that you cannot make a scriptural argument against God knowing our thoughts and choices even before we know them, yet the Bible asserts that He does and these verses have been presented to you.

I told you before but you seem to have missed it. I totally agree omniscience means that God knows all things that are possible for Him to know. You also don

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The question is, does God hate sinners?

The answer is, yes he does, but he also loves them more than he hates them.

You may be able to immerse yourself in nonsense, but the Bible is not "Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There". Both terms "Love" and "hate" have clear technical definitions that preclude them from being possible at the same time and instance.

Otherwise he would not have sent his Son to die for them. "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

How do you know that the "us" in this passage means absolutely everyone, head for head? Especially when the "us" is defined in the salutation of this letter:

Ro 1:7 "To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints:" and verses 5 through 6 that reads "Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name, among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ."

I fail to see "us" defined as everyone, without exception, head-for-head. Rather, I see the "us" as those who God has indeed saved, not some hypothetical class, but those who are of the Elect of God.

The main scripture of this thread, found in the Psalms, declares plainly that God hates the sinner, he does not separate the sinners from their sins. But this in no way precludes that his love will not totally redeem anyone who truly calls on his name.

Actually the Bible says that no one seeks after God. No one cares to please God and the natural man hates God. So unless God has regenerated that soul, the natural soul will always be in enmity with God. The natural man will never call upon the name of the LORD.

He has provided a way, in his love, for the sinner to become a saint, so that he can demonstrate his love to the new saint in Christ by making his abode in him or her (John 14:23).

You have the cart before the horse. The regeneration [logically] precedes the sinner becoming a saint.

He has already demonstrated his love to the sinner by dying on the cross, but he will demonstrate a love that he does not show to the sinner when the sinner receives forgiveness, righteousness, and holiness through the blood of Jesus. The sinner has become a saint and is able to receive God's love differently than when he was a sinner.

This is the deconstructionalist's claim that since both the Elect and the Reprobate begin life as sinners, that by removing the fact that God saved only the Elect by just saying "sinner" that the reader will be fooled into thinking that God also died for the Reprobate. The scriptures teach that Jesus Christ died for the Elect sinner, not all sinners.

Nice try.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

by Rueben Hicks:

(Judah Lion wrote: