heresyhunter

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The problem with using Paul to say that is that Paul himself saw the risen Christ. Jessus appeared to Saul on the road to Damascus so Paul would have known that Jesus was in fact raised as a body.

Wait, are you saying that Paul saw Jesus in physical form?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very naive when it comes to motives, trusting far beyond what more astute minds will do and think, but the answer to your question is so obvious to anybody who claims to be a brother in the faith that it seems possible it is asked and detailed in full more as propaganda for disbelief than encouragement for those who do believe.

There is nothing expedient about spreading obvious and easily disproved falsehoods about the resurrection of Jesus Christ, declared to be the Son of God by his resurrection in the flesh.

Nor does it fool those who are in Christ when others attempt to spread anti-Christ propaganda under the pretext that to know the answer will be useful when having to disprove alternatives.

There is only one resurrection from the dead in the physical body, and that is made blindingly clear in the witness of those who were there at the time when it happened to Jesus Christ.

And any genuine Christian knows the answers and the proofs of the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ without needing to ask.

Wait, are you making these remarks about me or about the author of the argument I quoted in the OP??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Lk. 24:36 & ff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The problem with using Paul to say that is that Paul himself saw the risen Christ. Jessus appeared to Saul on the road to Damascus so Paul would have known that Jesus was in fact raised as a body.

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

You have my attention!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/18/1976

Thomas even put his hand in the wound in his side and touched his nail pierced hands.

The implication in Holy Scripture is that when faced with the opportunity Thomas had no need to do so.

You are going to have to clarify this for me...

• Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/18/1976

Indeed.

• Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Thomas even put his hand in the wound in his side and touched his nail pierced hands.

The implication in Holy Scripture is that when faced with the opportunity Thomas had no need to do so.

You are going to have to clarify this for me...

I missed this one.

Thomas is recorded as saying that unless this and that happened he would not believe, but when he actually met Jesus face to face he responded with immediate recognition without the need to do anything. The story in the verses John 20:24-28 suggests this to me.

Sorry for being so vague in my previous post.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  660
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

Brothers and sisters of the faith,

Below is an argument I recently came across which essentially denies the literal, physical resurrection of our Lord and Saviour.

I think it expedient for us to consider and dismantle this damnable heresy which is as dangerous as the Universalist and unitarian heresies.

I am very naive when it comes to motives, trusting far beyond what more astute minds will do and think, but the answer to your question is so obvious to anybody who claims to be a brother in the faith that it seems possible it is asked and detailed in full more as propaganda for disbelief than encouragement for those who do believe.

There is nothing expedient about spreading obvious and easily disproved falsehoods about the resurrection of Jesus Christ, declared to be the Son of God by his resurrection in the flesh.

Nor does it fool those who are in Christ when others attempt to spread anti-Christ propaganda under the pretext that to know the answer will be useful when having to disprove alternatives.

There is only one resurrection from the dead in the physical body, and that is made blindingly clear in the witness of those who were there at the time when it happened to Jesus Christ.

And any genuine Christian knows the answers and the proofs of the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ without needing to ask.

Just looking at his name and recalling his posts here on these forums, I think we can make a failr reliable, basic judge of chararcter. From that, I think it's not too passive to say the good inquisitor is just giving us our theological target practice.

• Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Brothers and sisters of the faith,

Below is an argument I recently came across which essentially denies the literal, physical resurrection of our Lord and Saviour. I have included the full text in hopes of hearing how the folks here would go about refuting the argument. In the days before we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, I think it expedient for us to consider and dismantle this damnable heresy which is as dangerous as the Universalist and unitarian heresies.

Do you really want to be drawn into an argument of semantics with your opponent?

How about this simple question: When the stone was rolled away, where was the body?

Afterall, if the resurrection was not physical in any way, then a body should still have been found in the tomb.