• Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

You see he didnt do three things.

He didn't say:

1. This is racist and not for me.

2. This isn't healthy for my family and I

3. (and more importantly) HE DIDNT SAY "This isnt Christ-like."

However his speech circled around "Racism." We were ooo'ed and awww'ed.

However, Christ was not mentioned at all because He's not an important issue.

If you watch the 7 minute interview he had on Fox, you will find that he covers this.

the interview he had today? i saw it live and he seperated himself and defended.

If youre talking about other interviews then i havent gone around looking at all interviews he's done.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

You see he didnt do three things.

He didn't say:

1. This is racist and not for me.

2. This isn't healthy for my family and I

3. (and more importantly) HE DIDNT SAY "This isnt Christ-like."

However his speech circled around "Racism." We were ooo'ed and awww'ed.

However, Christ was not mentioned at all because He's not an important issue.

If you watch the 7 minute interview he had on Fox, you will find that he covers this.

Tell us more

Well, my interpretation of Obama's interview (which can be found at http://www.breitbart.tv/html/62894.html ) was that in Reverend Wrights 20+ years of service to the church, his overall message had never been one that seems to be captured in 5 second video clips. Overall Obama respected and cared for Wright, and he made that clear. He also made it clear that he while he donated to the church often, he attended "in spurts".

My impression of the interview was that Wright's general message had never been one of hate, but Obama did acknowledge he didn't always agree with the pastors way of going about things. He referred to Wright as "an uncle" that he loved, even if he didn't always agree with everything that was said.

Finally, Obama made clear in the interview that he would have left had he believed that Wright's hateful sermons were a repeated focus during church. Essentially Obama made it appear that these somewhat controversial sermons were once-in-a-blue-moon examples out of the pastor's 20 year service. Considering I haven't heard more than 3 minutes of negative audio during the pastor's 20 years, I feel like that's saying something.

So, in a more direct response to Exrockstar, Obama apparently didn't leave the "racist, unhealthy, un-christ-like" environment, because it WASN'T usually racist, unhealthy, or un-Christ-like.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think the damage is already done. He spoke highly of his pastor until the world became aware of his real attitude toward America. So my question is, "is Obama able to discern character? If in fact he has been mentored by this man, how will he separate truth from error? How will his background in such hatred affect his administration? His speech today may have stopped the immediate media frenzie, but I am not sure it will change much.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I think the damage is already done. He spoke highly of his pastor until the world became aware of his real attitude toward America. So my question is, "is Obama able to discern character? If in fact he has been mentored by this man, how will he separate truth from error? How will his background in such hatred affect his administration? His speech today may have stopped the immediate media frenzie, but I am not sure it will change much.

I think an important question we must ask ourselves is: can WE accurately discern Rev. Wright's character through all of this media hoopla, and less than 5 minutes of video footage?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I think an important question we must ask ourselves is: can WE accurately discern Rev. Wright's character through all of this media hoopla, and less than 5 minutes of video footage?

you may want to youtube rev. wrights sermons. theres more than one out there of DIFFERENT sermons.

Although one is too many for me.

How many of these types of sermons are too many for you?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Not from the media but listening to his sermons. This isn't the first time he has expressed such sentiments and they are not necessarily factual......Is America guilty of creating aids? Hardly!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

-

Obama's oratary skills are flat compared to someone like John Kennedy or Martin Luther King jr.

However he was eloquent and clear.

He argued his case well. It was imperative because of the growing innuendo around his relationship with his pastor.

Obama is a decent man - afterall he is a liberal . We may not agree with his politics, but I trust him more the Hillary & co. Though I'm not sure, if I were American I would vote for either of them . . .

He hit on some hard truths : "slavery is a stain of the Declaration of Independance . ." and it is a stain on the history of the church in America.

The consciousness that normalized this dehumanizing socio-political exploitation extended itself to other minorities such as the Native Americans.

When one speaks of racism, in my sense, one includes what happened and continues to happen to the disenfranchised Native American, and what happened to the Japanese during WWII . . and so

Racism is a socio-political pathology that denies individuals their INHERENT human rights and their legal civil rights based on race, regardless of what country one is from - race colors the perception.

Whether Obama will make a good president is a crap-shoot. I dont see anyone currently running who inspires confidence.

IMO

Guest shiloh357

Because he spoke of slavery as America's first sin at the very beginning of his speech, as I quoted. Injustices to them began before the injustices to Africans.

To be fair, slavery in America began shortly after the English settled in Virginia. So as soon as the United States was created, slavery already existed within it.

Perseuction and mass killings of Native Americans began in 1493 under Columbus.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I find it disturbing to read some of these posts, having been deeply impressed with everything about his speech today. He is a pleasure to behold, and I wonder if I'm just shallow enough to have been fooled by his charisma, eloquence and intelligence. There seems to be depth to the man and I found his explanation of the ENTIRE situation completely satisfying. He didn't sell out a man who means a great deal to him. He carefully explained background of a variety of factors, something casual listeners may not plumb. He seems to be a man of character. He's white as well as black, a multi-racial, multi-faceted man who hardly fits the sound bite, but that won't stop the guys and gals on the tube or radio. He's walked in both worlds and I find that fascinating. I'm Republican through and through, but I have a new and profound appreciation of this man.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

-

dDavid

I'm a Caucassian pastor who pastored an interracial church for the past 10 years . . . .I have attended churches in the past not open to integration. So, the bigotry was just more subtle and not discussed.

I pastored a church . . . . that several key people believed segregation was supported by the command for the children of Israel not to intermarry.

So, it exist hypocritically. I've seen evidence of it yes. Just no one spoke it from the pulpit but it existed in the leadership and behind closed doors.

:)

Well said dDavid.

-