IGNORED

The Word in Witness

tsth

I'll try this again.

No, I don't agree that we can "mishandle" G-d's Word if our heart is right.

And if the heart is not right......then what?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we look at the Apostles (other than Paul), none were scholars. They learned from Jesus and became willing vessels, as we should. There is nothing wrong with learning all we can about the Bible, but if we are waiting to witness until we become "proficient" in the Word, many, many people will die without hearing the simple truth from G-d's Word that they can be saved by grace through faith in Jesus the Messiah.

Even baby Christians can witness what they know - how Jesus saved them and what He has done in their lives! One not be an expert ion theology to share this:

Shouldn't one be more interested in learning the Word of God instead of learning about the bible? :rolleyes:

As for being...

"proficient" in the Word,

2 Peter 3

16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

There are many many ways to spread the Gospel, the least of which is theological exposition and exactly correct doctrine or giving someone the

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

So, can witnessing be complete without the discussion of "repentance"? Is it necessary to include it in the witness and sharing of the Gospel message?

Is it required for the message to be complete and for a true conversion outcome?

(note: please see post #20 before answering.)

In His Love,

Suzanne

Repentance is of course part of conversion and faith in Christ.

But that is a separate topic from spreading the Word of God, there is no formula. People have spread the entire Gospel without ever opening their mouth.

Certainly the conversions which result will include repentance. When we see the life of a true Christian that would in itself strike us to the heart about our own sinfulness and the need for repentance. So preaching repentance may have nothing to do with telling someone else they need to repent, in fact it usually won

Repentance is of course part of conversion and faith in Christ.

But that is a separate topic from spreading the Word of God, there is no formula. People have spread the entire Gospel without ever opening their mouth.

Certainly the conversions which result will include repentance. When we see the life of a true Christian that would in itself strike us to the heart about our own sinfulness and the need for repentance. So preaching repentance may have nothing to do with telling someone else they need to repent, in fact it usually won

Yes we cannot ingore thier examples nor should we.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

without arguement!!! :laugh:

I can not answer with a simple answer.. Although Jesus always remain the same...eah plan He has for individuals are unique.

I do not witness to a prostitute the same way I would a nun. ( if called to action)

I also rely on that silent witness and let people wonder and ask. That has happened more often than anything when it comes to work and family, friends.

One time whe on the streets a hatian women was standing near by.. I approached and she did not know english and i did not know creole. Relying on the Holy spirit I used hand gestures. I was shown she had uncontrollable diabetes and asked with my hands...she shook her head yes...I pointed to the sky letting her Know Jesus will touch her.....and prayed in Ennglish then in tongues. After a few swconds she went running down the block yelling.

My pastor asked what did you do. I said I prayed for healing and then shrugged my shoulders.

Ten minutes later she came with her daughter to meet me who understood English.

Not only does she believe she was healed she had a encounter with Jesus.

All I did was listen to The Holy Spirit. We stayed in touch for a while and she left to go back to haiti I think.

There is no Formula. To try to say there is would say God is predictable. God forbid!!!

So, is the message in regard to the disciples witnessing inconsistent? I'm merely saying that it looks to be based upon foundational principles.

In His Love,

Suzanne

But examples of what apostles did are not always exact instructions for us in every detail. For example Peter walked on the water toward Christ I am not going to get out of my fishing boat in a storm. I do think they are instructive though and good examples, but I don't see them as direct how to do it, kind of commands.

What does the scripture say to us about this?

15He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

I think that is pretty clear and also pretty flexible.