IGNORED

Need guidance

Guest johnnyvosod

Guest johnnyvosod

Hey

I registered on this forum because i'm really in need of help.

I'll be straightforward and say that i'm deceptive towards my parents, I drink, I smoke, I lie. My grades arent improving and theres a possibility that I may be moved out of my school to another. I haven't been close to God in a long time, He has spoken to me before, but presently I feel no urge to read the bible. I still pray, but it seems meaningless. If i am moved out of my school, I will squander my ambitions of becoming an officer in the army, because i personally could not bear 2 more years at a different school, far from my friends and comfortable surroundings. I couldn't stand seeing them graduate without me. I've decided if I leave school that I will join the army as a private, the lowest possible rank, which seems like such a waste of the education i'm getting. My parents have no trust in me whatsoever, which is within reason, as I have not given them any grounds for trust. But even if I do my work, I feel like they will never have pride in me. I feel like my life is slipping away, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I need God, I know He can help me progress and make my parents happy. But at the same time, life without alcohol would be hard for me to bear. Please don't label me as selfish or unwilling to change, it's just the way I am at the moment. I know I can become a better person, but it will need time. I really need help spiritually to overcome this, so i'm asking for your guidance and prayers, and I hope there is someone who has been through what i'm going through at this time. I know redemption is always near, and I know that if I become close with God again, then my life will rise up, I want to improve, academically I want to be secure. And I fully realise that life in the army without God's blessing would be a huge loss. I'm sorry for the length of this.

Thanks very much,

Johnny

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Welcome to Worthy! It sounds to me as if the Holy Spirit is conficting you. You have a sense of direction (wanting to join the army at a high level), you want to please your parents, and you are aware that without God you have nothing. On the other hand you recognize that your grades are failing, you smoke, drink, and lie. None of these things are unforgivable and you can change....with God's help.

What is your relationship with Jesus? Have you accepted Him as your personal saviour? If you have, then start putting Him first. Life is filled with choices and the choices we make are very important.

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matthew 7:13-14

You have a choice of studying hard and bringing your grades us, or failing and settling for less. You have a choice of telling the truth or lying. A choice of drinking or staying sober. Of pleasing your parents, or causing them grief. But the most important choice you have is that of following Christ or loosing your way. The world (Satan) can make drinking and partying look like fun, but the reality is that sometime you will have to sober up, or face up to your lies, or deal with lung cancer from smoking....then where is the fun? You need to stay on the "strait and narrow".

You want to join the army and to succeed. Well, if you don't get your lies and drinking under control now, how do you think you will be able to succeed in the army or in college or in a job?

You seem to understand and to care that you are disappointing your parents. Well, you need to understand and care about what God thinks. Take yourself in hand and get back into Bible study. Come to know and have a relationship with Christ and you will succeed in life now and life to come.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Looking for Advice

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/06/1951

Johnny, I am praying for you, and will continue to do so. Even though, I can't give you advice other than what you already know or that has been posted, I can tell you from a Mother's perspective that "you" are loved....maybe not your actions, but "you" are loved. Have you ever sat down with your parents and spoke with them as frankly as you have with us here on the boards?....you may be surprised.

blessings!

Treasured

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Johnny...why is it that you feel that your parents will have no pride in you even if you do change and succeed? This sentence stuck out to me more than any other in your post.