VRSpock

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

hmmmmm...is kitty maybe talking about Desperation or the Tommyknockers....

The "thing" in Desperation was called tak...and it was able to take over peoples bodies...I believe it was inadvertantly let loose because of mining :whistling::noidea:

Long long ago I used to read King....my memory is not that clear on his books anymore... :laugh:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

hmmmmm...is kitty maybe talking about Desperation or the Tommyknockers....

The "thing" in Desperation was called tak...and it was able to take over peoples bodies...I believe it was inadvertantly let loose because of mining :whistling::noidea:

Long long ago I used to read King....my memory is not that clear on his books anymore... :laugh:

Your right and wrong at the same time Mz. Purple, but the movie kitty is talking about only fits Phantoms by Koontz!

There was another Steven King movie that I was years ago, but I can't remember the name.

It was about an alian or monster of sorts that lived in the core of the earth and came out to feed every 100 years or so.

Any ways this alian or monster liked it self to being GOD. I couldn't believe it!

Do you remember this Steven King movie or the name.

A little more of what I remember of this movie, the begining was these girls come to town and the town is empty but all the jewly watches and dentures are saved in a pile.

I remember a little from the middle of the movie where they are being held captive with some others and a scientist in, what looks like a silver RV in the middle of town. The alian or monster whats them to do something and they have to stay there, and a dog with some type of alian in it is keeping watch.

Any ways it made me think about

Ahhh sorry that isn't a King novel, its a Dean R Koontz novel. The closest novel King ever wrote to this would it "IT".

I have never seen "The Mist," but according to the Internet Movie Data Base, the story is attributed to Stephen King. When it comes to Stephen King stories, most of the time I enjoy them, but sometimes they are too far out, and don't make sense. Recently I saw the movie, "The Langoliers," and didn't feel like the ending made any sense. If you go back in time, and therefore eventually everything is erased, it would seem to me that if you get ahead of time, it wouldn't catch up with you, but you would remain forever trapped ahead of everyone and everything else.

Yes the Mist is King, but I'm talking about the movie above that Kitty was describing! Come on B keep up! :noidea: kitty the movie is called Phantoms, I notice I forgot to post that earlier.

Thanks for clearing that up. In looking back at the post, I see the conversation had moved away from "The Mist." Are you a fan of Stephen King, and sci-fi and horror in general? :whistling:

Guilty as charged! I don't read fiction as much any more, I'm reading more Church History and religious books BUT every now and then my little pin head feels too full and I'll grab something just to help stop the brain freeze, but now its mostly fantasy type fiction (Lord of the Rings type things) or mysteries, as opposed to the horror genre!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

Guilty as charged! I don't read fiction as much any more, I'm reading more Church History and religious books BUT every now and then my little pin head feels too full and I'll grab something just to help stop the brain freeze, but now its mostly fantasy type fiction (Lord of the Rings type things) or mysteries, as opposed to the horror genre!

I don't read a lot of fiction, but I have seen a lot of Stephen King based movies and mini-series. They have put a lot of his movies out on DVD, and I picked up several of them in the bargain section of Wal-Mart or at a truck stop. I enjoyed "Tommy Knockers" and "Rose Red," but didn't care so much for "Langoliers." The only criticism I have for "Rose Red" was that watching it straight through as a movie, it was a bit drawn out, but it was originally a mini-series.

Isn't Red Rose like...4 hours long?

I don't think I've ever seen it all the way through.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

Stephen King was good at some point. I stopped liking him after I read Eyes of the Dragon. It was the most painful, grind your teeth aggravating thing to read ever. If you ever need your fill of absolute HORRIBLE ARGH WHY reading, I recommend it.

Odd Thomas.....is that Koontz?

But briefly back to the OP.... :thumbsup:

Seems I recall in the book, by the time they all got caught in the market....it was already known that the "crazy lady" was absolutely crazy...so what she did in there wasn't of great surprise...no one in town really liked her at all...fear and stress put them on her side in that market...the movie didn't hit on her history in the town at all, and that would of made a huge difference....

If that made sense.... :whistling:

Odd Thomas.....is that Koontz?

But briefly back to the OP.... :whistling:

Seems I recall in the book, by the time they all got caught in the market....it was already known that the "crazy lady" was absolutely crazy...so what she did in there wasn't of great surprise...no one in town really liked her at all...fear and stress put them on her side in that market...the movie didn't hit on her history in the town at all, and that would of made a huge difference....

If that made sense.... :whistling:

After this post.............I am no longer talking to you! :emot-highfive:

:emot-highfive: huh!? :whistling:

:emot-highfive: huh!? :whistling:

:whistling: made ya look! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

I have to agree that the movie did end quite horribly as Marnie said. I can only think of Pet Cemetary having a more shocking effect to it and that was because it was the first movie to hit the big screen that showed a toddler getting pancaked by a semi.

I'm not sure where Stephen King's relationship with Christ is at or how his stories reflect that. Many things can have a positive, warm-fuzzy spiritual element to them and be further from G-d than the deepest pits of hades.

For example, my wife just showed me a new song by Kid Rock called "Amen" that would almost fool the very elect into thinking they just heard a Christian Rock song if it wasn't for taking God's name in vain in one lyric, telling people to lay off of him if he decides to get high on weed.

James 3:11 "Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?"

In the music video there is the flashing of a sign that says "respect all religions" when Christ Himself said that He did not come for peace, but to divide and put father against son, mother against daughter as the real Truth is a two-edged sword that seperates bone from marrow, spirit from soul.

While Kid Rock is posing religiousity with such a song, the lyrics and video are very anti-Christ in nature.

Jesus isn't about warm fuzzies.

I'm not sure if there was any malice intentions with the storyline of the Mist or not...it does show that this woman was considered crazy...but she was also the only person that was speaking forth scripture as well....and that's where I have an issue with this story. If it was a native village in the deep rain forests of South America, I might believe that no one else had any real knowledge of scripture to rebuke the crazy woman who was spouting off stuff she might have heard in Sunday School when she was 5 years old that got scrambled in her messed up brain....but this was supposed to be a town in the U.S.

The movie also portrays the idea that in the worst of situations, everyone will lose their marbles and become like animals....which may be true in a natural sense, but there's always those who have a supernatural relationship with Christ.