IGNORED

What About Belief?

tsth

Let the light of Jesus shine forth from you by your works. even if it means helping a drunk find his way home. God loves your good works. Well that's one of my beliefs.

One of mine also.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I see where you are coming from, Suzanne, so I I pasted the last partof your post to save me typing

Jude 1:5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

You queried the why faith was so often mentioned in the replies. I seem to understand if their is no belief it is because of the lack of faith. We have the Holy Spirit, under the NT, to lead us into all truth. The sojourners in the desert, of which I believe was in the vicinity of 2 million, had only Aaron and Moses, and it was to Moses that they moaned about about their woes. I could be wrong, but it's the faith we aquire from God as a gift by His grace, that we come to believe.

Or am I off the beaten track again?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I see where you are coming from, Suzanne, so I I pasted the last partof your post to save me typing

Jude 1:5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

You queried the why faith was so often mentioned in the replies. I seem to understand if their is no belief it is because of the lack of faith. We have the Holy Spirit, under the NT, to lead us into all truth. The sojourners in the desert, of which I believe was in the vicinity of 2 million, had only Aaron and Moses, and it was to Moses that they moaned about about their woes. I could be wrong, but it's the faith we aquire from God as a gift by His grace, that we come to believe.

Or am I off the beaten track again?

They ALSO had Christ Jesus......but they just kept unbelieving/disobeying, and that was the WARNING for us. What is spoken of in 1 Cor. 10, is for US, but God is referencing them. IOW, we need to heed their example and the fact that God has warned us against "doing" what they did:

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered over the desert.

In His Love,

Suzanne

BELIEF/FAITH/OBEDIENCE to God's commands are pretty much one and the same. You cannot have any of them without ALL of them.

In His Love,

Suzanne

BELIEF/FAITH/OBEDIENCE to God's commands are pretty much one and the same. You cannot have any of them without ALL of them.

Belief and faith I believe are basically the same, but obedience, I believe, is one step beyond faith.

One can have faith and believe in the Word of God and still not obey it.

See what I'm saying?

Yes, I do, and I agree.

And if you think about it, I think you'll understand what I was saying as well, as you cannot have TRUE belief without ALL of the components:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Yes, I do, and I agree.

And if you think about it, I think you'll understand what I was saying as well, as you cannot have TRUE belief without ALL of the components:

In His Love,

Suzanne

I think I understand.

In order for God to acknowledge ones existance, he or she must back up their beliefs and faith with obedience to the Word.

Am I close?

I think I'm making it sound complicated. Sorry, don't mean to. I'm just saying that for it to be TRUE, "belief/faith/" it must be obedience, therefore you have to have ALL of the components of BELIEF/FAITH/OBEDIENCE. They all go together.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Yup! :emot-questioned:

I think I'm making it sound complicated. Sorry, don't mean to. I'm just saying that for it to be TRUE, "belief/faith/" it must be obedience, therefore you have to have ALL of the components of BELIEF/FAITH/OBEDIENCE. They all go together.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I think you can have belief/faith without obedience.

Check this out...

Romans 1

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

These people were shown the truth and they believed....otherwise it wouldn't have been truth to them. They however did not act upon that truth and brought the wrath of God against them.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I think you can have belief/faith without obedience.

Check this out...

Romans 1

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

These people were shown the truth and they believed....otherwise it wouldn't have been truth to them. They however did not act upon that truth and brought the wrath of God against them.

Right, there was no obedience(that component was left out, they did not act upon it) thus there was no TRUE faith/belief. And I'm saying that they were not TRUE believers, because they lacked one of the 3 components. You have to have them all.

(By the way......thanks for hangin in here with me, even if I do get confusing. :th_praying: )

In His Love,

Suzanne