• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

Please do a lot more reading on this before judging. Jade has a very good view on all of this since she happens to live among them. I just do a lot of reading.

a.

Jade you're one of them?

Jade is not one of "them", she just happens to live in Arizona and knows what's going on.

a.

i figuered..just making a funny..not to funny in this situation i guess...man those pooor families.. i wish i could take all those babies untill they go back with their families. could show them a real fathers love...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.91
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Another OP-ED questioning the Constitutionality of the FLDS Child Seizure Controversy.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=62743

It continues to amaze me that some people are more concerned about the Constitutional "rights" of child abusers than the rights of the children. :noidea::huh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Posted by EricH in Controversial Issues:

I am reading a book by William Carr Peel called "Going Public with Your Faith" In it he has a great chapter on dealing with objections, and debate. As I was reading the chapter it occured to me that many of the principles could be tranferred to any debate situation. The goal of genuine debate should be the discovery of truth. If I believe something that is wrong, I should want to know it. Frequently we approach debate with a win at all costs attitude. Controversial topics are by their very nature, emotional. But we should be careful that our posting style does not unecessarily inflame the other person. Peel gives some excellent suggestions for taking the acid off of our debates:

Negative catch-phrases

Everyone knows that....

Thats just the way it is

There can be no question that...

Only a (liberal, conservative, idiot, heretic) would believe that ...

You don't know what you are talking about

That is ridiculous

How can you believe that

You can't be serious

If you believe that then you are ....

There is absolutely no way anyone could believe that

Give me a break

You are completely illogical

How can you say that

Positive ways to disagree

I hear what you are saying, but that raises a red flag for me

My perspective on this is different than yours

I may be missing something, but

I don't piece together the facts in the same way as you

That would make perfect sense to me if it were not for ....

I agree with you concerning ...., but I see an issue with ....

Are you saying ......

Have you considered this (scripture, evidence etc.)

Here is another perspective.

Here is how I see your logic unpacking

There is no one in this thread that is "are more concerned about the Constitutional "rights" of child abusers than the rights of the children." Please stop saying that.

We disagree on

1. HOW to help the children, and as you mentioned earlier,

2. the authority of the "state".

The fact that I believe (and it appears some agree) that we are dealing with a "state" which recognizes no accountability to anyone, including the King of kings, and appears to be in direct rebellion to Him, is of GREAT concern. He LOVEs those children more than we do, and certainly more than the "state". HE was the one who entrusted them to the parents. We should be VERY careful about removing a gift He has given. We may find ourselves opposing Him; that is NOT a good place to be.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

And we all know Parents NEVER hurt their children, so we should give ALL the children in Foster Care, or that have been taken away from the parents, back to them, after all God would never let someone who wont take care of them correctly have a baby would He?

"A total of 53 girls between the ages of 14 and 17 are in state custody after a raid 3 1/2 weeks ago at the Yearning For Zion Ranch in Eldorado. Of those girls, 31 either have children or are pregnant, said Child Protective Services spokesman Darrell Azar. Two of those are pregnant now, he said; it was unclear whether either of those two already have children."

By MICHELLE ROBERTS, Associated Press Writer

news.yahoo.com

Thats well over half the teenage girls taken from the compound, but hey who cares, the rights of the parents out weight the rights of the children.

Posted by EricH in Controversial Issues:

I am reading a book by William Carr Peel called "Going Public with Your Faith" In it he has a great chapter on dealing with objections, and debate. As I was reading the chapter it occured to me that many of the principles could be tranferred to any debate situation. The goal of genuine debate should be the discovery of truth. If I believe something that is wrong, I should want to know it. Frequently we approach debate with a win at all costs attitude. Controversial topics are by their very nature, emotional. But we should be careful that our posting style does not unecessarily inflame the other person. Peel gives some excellent suggestions for taking the acid off of our debates:

Negative catch-phrases

Everyone knows that....

Thats just the way it is

There can be no question that...

Only a (liberal, conservative, idiot, heretic) would believe that ...

You don't know what you are talking about

That is ridiculous

How can you believe that

You can't be serious

If you believe that then you are ....

There is absolutely no way anyone could believe that

Give me a break

You are completely illogical

How can you say that

Positive ways to disagree

I hear what you are saying, but that raises a red flag for me

My perspective on this is different than yours

I may be missing something, but

I don't piece together the facts in the same way as you

That would make perfect sense to me if it were not for ....

I agree with you concerning ...., but I see an issue with ....

Are you saying ......

Have you considered this (scripture, evidence etc.)

Here is another perspective.

Here is how I see your logic unpacking

There is no one in this thread that is "are more concerned about the Constitutional "rights" of child abusers than the rights of the children." Please stop saying that.

We disagree on

1. HOW to help the children, and as you mentioned earlier,

2. the authority of the "state".

The fact that I believe (and it appears some agree) that we are dealing with a "state" which recognizes no accountability to anyone, including the King of kings, and appears to be in direct rebellion to Him, is of GREAT concern. He LOVEs those children more than we do, and certainly more than the "state". HE was the one who entrusted them to the parents. We should be VERY careful about removing a gift He has given. We may find ourselves opposing Him; that is NOT a good place to be.

I'm sorry, but when the same people keep talking about the rights of the adults without talking about the rights of the children, then that is how I see it and I will continue to make that case.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I have a direct quote from my ex husband here....

"Those kids are way too young to know whether they want to be parents yet. The rights of the children outweigh any other rights. Whoever disagrees needs to re-read the Constitution again."

a.

I have a direct quote from my ex husband here....

"Those kids are way too young to know whether they want to be parents yet. The rights of the children outweigh any other rights. Whoever disagrees needs to re-read the Constitution again."

a.

Ah. But we must stop saying that. :blink::24:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=62809

Another OP-ED.

I keep posting OP-ED's because when I try to say the same thing, I am accused of caring more about the rights of parents than the children. Those hostile and un-called for comments are meant for 1 purpose, to stifle debate.

So, here's yet another person, that most of us here know and trust, that questions the legality of the compound raid.

But, I see the whole, well "So long as it doesn't affect me" mentality here and I am deeply disturbed by it. Our Constitutional Rights are more important than anyone's life. They are that important, because millions of Americans sacrificed their life for them. If they believed the Constitution was worthy dying for, then it is more valuable than anyone man, woman or child. Right now, people are willing to cast those rights aside and place more importance on the safety and welfare of children, than our Constitutional Rights.

Look, the safety and well-being of our Children is a top priority. Our society is failing our kids as I speak. But, how can we protect them and look out for them, when we do not have the parental rights that are essential to their welfare?

The only document in the US that is more important/valuable than the Constitution is the Holy Bible.

We have the legal system to punish people that prey on and abuse children. That cult was being investigated by an undercover agent. Our justice system was working, but, someone decided not to wait for the process to work itself out through the law. These people were convicted before the trial occurred. That is not how our system is supposed to work.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

No our Constitutional Rights are NOT more important the life of a child, and you can say it until the cows come home and it doesn't change a thing.

The Constitution is a man made piece of paper.

I guess Jesus would say let the children suffer, but make sure the Constitution is okay.

As for this comment Justin

"Those hostile and un-called for comments are meant for 1 purpose, to stifle debate."

Wow, the pot calling the kettle black, I've read many of your other post where you disagree with someone, so is that what YOUR doing on those theads, when you call people names and make fun and mock them?