• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/02/1954

I think I understand your intention and your love for the prophetic. I hope I also understand correctly that you are not giving preference to prophetic messages apart from the Bible. By the way, there were certainly prophets in the New Testament and since Moses was obviously one who was sent out, it could be argued that there were Apostles in the OT. It might be helpful to refrain from drawing the lines too clearly without the possibility of cross-over. God tends to be too large for ironclad definition.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/20/1965

I agree with this posting it is truth. I was just wanted to take a moment to make it clear that I am a Bible believing Christian, and I take the Bible as the ultimate standard of truth. We all should have a barean approach to prophecy, because we aught not to beleive every spirit, but test the spirits to see wether or not they are from God. This testing largely involves, comparing to the prophetic word with standard of the Word of God. If a prophetic word violates te principles of the Bible, or is mis applying the scriptures in any way it needs to be disregarded, it shuold be disregarded and considered not of God.

I have seen prophetic Churches that tried to go solely on prophetic revelation with out being rooted and grounded in the written word, go into all sorts of error. These churches have done a lot of damage to the saints, and have turned many off to Christ.

Over the past few years I have ministered to a few that came out of those Churches, badly scarred, and briused, the faith on the verge of being ship wrecked. I praise the Lord for those that the Lord has healed from those experience.

There is the authentic prophetic, and there is a demonic forgery. The Bible is the main tool to descern between the two.

In days of Jeremiah, the true prophetic message from the prophets were rejected, And the book of Jeremiah gives why. It was written in Jeremiah that the lying pen of the scribes handled the law falsely. So when the true word of the prophetic was declared, it was compared to an altered form of the Word of God causing them to reject the true Word and embrace the false message of the false prophets. I do not think that that is the case today the authentic written Word of God is readily avaliable, it is the responsibilty of every Christian today to dig into the the Word of God Themselves, so that they may be able to discern truth from falsehood.

Some of the greatest blessings that I recieved in ministry of the Word came from those who always search the scriptures for the truth. And small children themselves see alot more than they are given credit for. We adults in the complication of are thinking have tendency to miss, the simple truths that children pick up so easily.

The beautiful about God is that when we are willing to humble ourselves and confess that we need teaching of the scriptures, that he is so happy to provide it. so that we may know the truth and that truth being Jesus(yeshua).

Baruch ashem adonai

I think I understand your intention and your love for the prophetic. I hope I also understand correctly that you are not giving preference to prophetic messages apart from the Bible. By the way, there were certainly prophets in the New Testament and since Moses was obviously one who was sent out, it could be argued that there were Apostles in the OT. It might be helpful to refrain from drawing the lines too clearly without the possibility of cross-over. God tends to be too large for ironclad definition.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

song u prophetic?

song u prophetic?

I am Prophet-song, the screen name describes what I am

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

song u prophetic?

you're a prphetic singer?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

The prophetic should never go against what the Word of God teaches. There are those out there that would misuse or abuse the "prophetic" and declare "thus saith the Lord...." but if it doesnot line up with the infaliable Word of God it should immediately be dismissed. We need to understand that God is a prophetic God, "he speaks those things that be not as though they already are..". prophesy is for the building up, edifying, and the comforting of the Saints. Remember that whatever God has for His glory the enemy has a conterfeit. Many today are afraid or unsure when talking about the prophetic and other spiritual gifts because of what the enemy has poisined our society with, "new age". IT IS NOT THE SAME THING. The enemy cannot create, he can only misrepresent and pollute what God has already created. The prophetic is a gift from the Almighty Himself through the inspiration of the Holy Ghost to the saints. God didn't just give us His word and tell us to follow it, then He'll see us when we get to heaven. God is so much more than a "pie in the sky". He's involved in every aspect of our lives. He cares about our thoughts and descisions, and hurts and pains. He wants to commune with us and spend our valuable time with us. He wants to be closer than a brother. I know for my own spirit, there are times when I feel alone, and i don't "feel' God, it's like I'm in the desert, I know what the Bible teaches about those times, but sometimes it's not enough, (yes I said it) it's when my spirit is aching for a re-connect, that the H.G. will come and speak with me and comfort me, and I'll know that I know everything will be alright. That I will never be left alone, because my Daddy cares about my hurts and pains and He will speak comfort to me through my own spirit or send those of the prophetic to tell me what Daddy is saying. If I seem like I'm empassioned it's because I am. I am in midst of one of those battles now, and my beloved sister in the Lord was urged to call me out of the blue and minister to my spirit, and I know my God feels my heartache and sees my tears. It's situations like this when I know the prophetic is real. What an awesome God we serve!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473

OP - I believe prophets are for today. You made it clear in your OP that the prophetic word will line up with scripture, etc. We have different perspectives of the role of the apostolic. Yes, apostles can speak prophetically - but that applies to any believer b/c Yahweh will use us in the gifts as needed.

Also "The Apostles and Prophets, receive Word from God, then Pastors, and teachers should be able validate it with scriptures." IMHO anyone who hears the words should validate it with scripture - not just pastors and teachers. Also, pastors and teachers can have revelation of Biblical scriptures themselves as well as any other believer.

OP - I believe prophets are for today. You made it clear in your OP that the prophetic word will line up with scripture, etc. We have different perspectives of the role of the apostolic. Yes, apostles can speak prophetically - but that applies to any believer b/c Yahweh will use us in the gifts as needed.

Also "The Apostles and Prophets, receive Word from God, then Pastors, and teachers should be able validate it with scriptures." IMHO anyone who hears the words should validate it with scripture - not just pastors and teachers. Also, pastors and teachers can have revelation of Biblical scriptures themselves as well as any other believer.

You said volumes with this one phrase "IMHO anyone who hears the words should validate it with scripture - not just pastors and teachers." In the body of Christ there is a lack of Berean hunger for truth all saints need to search the scriptures to validate the authenticity of the Word being preached from the pulpits.

You have shared here good wisdom that if followed will protect one from deception in these days of false teaching and false prophecy.

Edited by prophetsong

song u prophetic?

you're a prphetic singer?

I am a prophetic psalmist, and teacher

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Prophets are ministers of the Word of God, but they and the apostles recieve their messages almost entirely by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. They get word directly from the throne of God himself, it carries divine authority be cause it is a word from God.

In closing gentlemen prophecy is something of the Spirit and you can only understand it by the Spirit. If you an intelectual approach to this subject you will never unerstand. Understanding of things such as these come only by Divine inspiration.

This is incorrect. The bible is the measure of prophecy, and any "divine authority" carried by a prophetic word is only there as the word agrees with the scriptures and is annointed by the Spirit.

2 Tim 3:14-17 (KJV)

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Peter 1:3-21 (KJV)

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. 13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; 14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. 15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. 16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

In that there is a "more sure word of prophecy", it follows that there must also be a "less sure word of prophecy". The only way we can truely know that God is speaking is that the words conform with the scriptures and the Holy Spirit bears witness also.

Lots of troubles have come from following someone's "Thus saith the Lord..." when the Lord was not saying. Also, if it does not come to pass, it is not the Lord that said it.

The Moses started the Bible, by writing the first five books. The Bible gives this testimony of itself, that all scriptures are inspired by the Spirit of God. So all the was given by divine inspiration, and it written soley by Prophets{old testament}, and Apostles{new testament}.

Today Prophets and Apostle recieve thier messages in the same manner. So since both the scripture, and the messages of Apostles and Prophets both come by inspiration by the Holy Spirit they should not disagree with one another. If a prophetic or apostlic message is not in harmony with the scriptures, then it should not be regarded as from God.

The five fold ministry has built into it a system of checks and balances. The Apostles and Prophets, receive Word from God, then Pastors, and teachers should be able validate it with scriptures. With the scripture taking precedent because it has been proven to be infalable record of what God has said.

The written Word, and revelatory Word should always be in harmony, with each other.

I have met very few true apostles in this age, and the scripture says to try them that say they are apostles (Rev 2:2). The movement to "restore" the five fold ministery has produced a lot of error and damage, even from "accepted" apostles and prophets like Royal Chronquist, William Branham, or Paul Cain.

Part of the troubles relating to serious errors comes from a lack of understanding of the authority structure of the church. Gift ministeries are sent as servants, not overlords. Prophecy is not intended by God to be swallowed whole, but rather that serious research and prayer is to be given, to prove what is acceptable.

Many ministers have sought recognition, wealth, and positions of authority that God never intended for them, and the rise in pride created the potential of a great fall, and many have fallen because they were exalted above measure. It is true that great damage has been done by those that have failed and sinned publically, but the hidden failure was that the church failed to judge all things in not appointing the least esteemed to that task.

Our corporate structure of church government is not the biblical model, and when we wander from the biblical model in anything, sin lies at the door. So it is with prophecy.

Joel said your son and daughters shall prophecy, young men have visions, old men have dreams. Peter quoted this in Acts 2:17. Anyone can prophesy, as God allows.

1 Cor 14:31-32 (KJV)

For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

If we are hearing the Word of God only from Apostles and Prophets, we are not functioning fully as God intended, in my opinion.