IGNORED

is marrying off 15yr olds and multiple wifes a big deal?

Merin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I don't understand why you would think we would ever do something as sick as that.. It is really upsetting and honestly starting to take offence!!! We have really been attacked by some people it seems.. I don't appritiate it!!!!

I am sorry that you leave so many open doors that some are not sure which door is yours and they are asking so they can find out

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re you sure she did? Or was she just following what she had been taught was right and what was expected of her in a situation like that...???? How old was he? Was he a Mormon? Was he apart of any other cult? Do you think there are aliens mature enough at 17 to make that disiccion in the same situation?

That question was purely argumentatve and totally uncalled for :thumbsup::taped::taped:

Zipp it

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/22/1984

sorry you misunderstood me, as in my original post, i had specifically asked if you would sign for a child who was unwilling. anyway, i'm glad that the clarification is out there, and that you would not think that God was telling you to do that.

for the record, i've signed for my under aged children (when they were under aged) to do things. i had to sign for my oldest daughter to enlist in the marine corp when she was too young to enlist on her own, and i signed for my youngest daughter to get married when she was too young to do so without parental consent. in the case of the one who got married, she was already pregnant, and she DID want to marry him.

Sorry I misunderstood! :taped:

re you sure she did? Or was she just following what she had been taught was right and what was expected of her in a situation like that...???? How old was he? Was he a Mormon? Was he apart of any other cult? Do you think there are aliens mature enough at 17 to make that disiccion in the same situation?

:24:

CHILDREN? No, but I think the age of adulthood is different for everyone.

Actually, no, it's the age of consent that varies in different countries. Adulthood is a matter of physical and psychological maturity. I can cite many scientific studies which prove that children of the age of 15 do not have the psychological maturity required for understanding the complications of marriage and child-rearing.

You're right... adulthood and age of consent are not the same.

ARE you Jewish, Muslim, or any of the eastern religions. Did your parents make your decision for you or did you have a family meeting and she got the big O.K.?

Nope, not Jewish, Muslim or any other eastern religion. My parents did not make any decision for me and no there was no family meeting. BUT my parents arent Christians either... so maybe there should have been.

Now I see why merin and :laugh: Hey There would get along so well

:laugh::thumbsup:

Hyperthetically you are an flds

Umm, no. I dont like to share.

Merin,

Would you let your 12-year-old daughter marry a 40-year-old man?

I'm not Merin, but I dont think he would... at least his wife wouldnt. :taped:

Well, I have mixed feelings about alot of this, but to me, marrying at 13 is really no big deal, I know of other Christian couples that have married at 13, had kids by 15, and are still together 40 years later. So to me that is really not an issue:>) Way back when girls did marry very young, and at least they know who the father of their children are. 13 year old kids ARE having sex these days...maybe not with men, but with boys who will never take care of them anyway. At least these Mormons are taking care of thier wives.

In a world where homosexual marriage is okay and gays are adopting kids, what does our government really have against polygamy? Perhaps tax issues...that's a whole lot of dependants to be able to get a tax rebate on if it were legal...

Just my take...

Most all of our laws are based on Christian-Judeao ethics and teachings and a lot of roman and greek laws. the point on this post is the laws violated were established on the Judeao-Christian teachings :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I've written this before here, and I don't think it was ever addressed: A 13-year-old is closer in maturity to a 12-year-old than to a 17-year-old.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

I am lost.. Ok I will answer questions one at a time from anyone besides Man...or Ladyc...they have been out there if not rude!! There are some huge misunderstandings going on here And I don't mind clearing them up for anyone who is sincerly asking and not being argumentative. Thank you and may God the Father,God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit bless you all even Man and Ladyc!!!!

sorry you misunderstood me, as in my original post, i had specifically asked if you would sign for a child who was unwilling. anyway, i'm glad that the clarification is out there, and that you would not think that God was telling you to do that.

for the record, i've signed for my under aged children (when they were under aged) to do things. i had to sign for my oldest daughter to enlist in the marine corp when she was too young to enlist on her own, and i signed for my youngest daughter to get married when she was too young to do so without parental consent. in the case of the one who got married, she was already pregnant, and she DID want to marry him.

Sorry I misunderstood! :taped:

:24:

CHILDREN? No, but I think the age of adulthood is different for everyone.

Actually, no, it's the age of consent that varies in different countries. Adulthood is a matter of physical and psychological maturity. I can cite many scientific studies which prove that children of the age of 15 do not have the psychological maturity required for understanding the complications of marriage and child-rearing.

You're right... adulthood and age of consent are not the same.

ARE you Jewish, Muslim, or any of the eastern religions. Did your parents make your decision for you or did you have a family meeting and she got the big O.K.?

Nope, not Jewish, Muslim or any other eastern religion. My parents did not make any decision for me and no there was no family meeting. BUT my parents arent Christians either... so maybe there should have been.

Now I see why merin and :laugh: Hey There would get along so well

:laugh::thumbsup:

Hyperthetically you are an flds

Umm, no. I dont like to share.

Merin,

Would you let your 12-year-old daughter marry a 40-year-old man?

I'm not Merin, but I dont think he would... at least his wife wouldnt. :taped:

You said if you Thought God told you to marry off you young child that hyperthetically you would, so hyperthetically that makes you an FLDS

I am lost.. Ok I will answer questions one at a time from anyone besides Man...or Ladyc...they have been out there if not rude!! There are some huge misunderstandings going on here And I don't mind clearing them up for anyone who is sincerly asking and not being argumentative. Thank you and may God the Father,God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit bless you all even Man and Ladyc!!!!

If anyones been rude, it's been you.

You constantly dodge questions. You laugh and run away. Half the time I don't know if it's you or your wife that's posting. For all I know, you 2 could be the same person. Wouldn't be all that hard to pull off. It's been done before. Although I've noticed the difference in writing styles. It's not that hard to pick up.

If you're not going answer my questions, then please leave my name out of your posts. I don't point fingers at you...don't point yours at me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Merin, maybe you should start over, you've made fun of people, ignored people, acted down right silly, posted under your wife's name, your wife has posted under yours.

Yet, somehow you expect others to give you some special consideration you refuse to give others. You claim others have been rude, maybe you should read your own post.

Personally, I'm done talking with you until you can act like the grown up. I'm starting to think you just enjoy starting controversy, and running off and then claiming innocence or letting your wife do your talking.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/22/1984

You said if you Thought God told you to marry off you young child that hyperthetically you would, so hyperthetically that makes you an FLDS

Um, no, it doesnt. If my teenage daughter (15 or older) wanted to marry an older man and I felt that was what God was leading her to do, then I would sign a consent. Hypothetically. That does not make me FLDS.

or letting your wife do your talking.

The only time I posted under Merins name, I said it was me. I am not doing any talking for him... his thoughts are his own.