IGNORED

Bible Reading Challenge

ps127v1

I seem to be more succesful of learning stuff from it when i read the bible as referrance for research on differant heavenly issues as used in debate, rather than reading it all in its entirety and sometimes overlooking many important and heavenly messages because of reading too fast. :emot-hug:

I'm like that too.

I can't speed read the bible.......I get nothing out of it.

Not saying anything against the challenge........I'm just a slow reader.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/17/1953

I seem to be more succesful of learning stuff from it when i read the bible as referrance for research on differant heavenly issues as used in debate, rather than reading it all in its entirety and sometimes overlooking many important and heavenly messages because of reading too fast. :emot-hug:

I'm like that too.

Im not only a slow reader, but a slow "comprehender" as well! a lot of times the Holy bible actually is getting to mean something that is not obvious immediately on first impresin. :emot-hug:

Guest LadyC
What does that work out to, about 4 chapters a day? I'm interested. . .

It actually comes out to around 13 chapters a day.

That is if you plan on reading the bible completely through 4 times in one year.

I would never have the time.

you'd probably have the time to do it if you were listening rather than actually reading. i find i can easily listen to that many chapters a day... but couldn't come even close to that goal when i was physsically reading it...

I'm like that too.

Im not only a slow reader, but a slow "comprehender" as well! a lot of times the Holy bible actually is getting to mean something that is not obvious immediately on first impresin. :emot-hug:

I totally agree there.

------------------------------------------------

Note to the OP.......I apologize for taking this off track......won't say it'll never happen again, but I'll try. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hey, this is a discussion on taking the challenge. Don't worry about getting off track, that doesn't matter here.

One thing though, I never thought I would get anything out of reading it so quick before, but you wouldn't believe the growth and knowledge that I gained that year. Actually 7 times in 13 months and I'll never trade it. Also, I am a slow reader/comprehender, but when it comes to preaching now, that year helped big time.

If you want the reading plan I put together I'll email it to you.

What does that work out to, about 4 chapters a day? I'm interested. . .

It actually comes out to around 13 chapters a day.

That is if you plan on reading the bible completely through 4 times in one year.

I would never have the time.

you'd probably have the time to do it if you were listening rather than actually reading. i find i can easily listen to that many chapters a day... but couldn't come even close to that goal when i was physsically reading it...

I agree.......I have the bible on CD and have listened to most of the New Testament in the course of 1 work day. (at the place I used to work, we could listen to whatever we wanted as long as it didn't disrupt our work )

The only problem I had with that was if I heard something I wanted to hear again, it was hard to stop what I was doing.

I like listening and following along in the bible.....it's almost like reading. :emot-hug:

If you want the reading plan I put together I'll email it to you.

If it's not too much trouble....I'll take one.

No promises. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

a person can (on the average) read the entire Bible with in 80 hours, that is reading it out loud with feeling.

reading the New testament out loud, with feeling, 5 minutes aday a person can complete it with in one year....

being the Old Testament is about twice that of the New, reading it 10 minutes aday, a person can complete it with in one year...

so that is 15 minutes a day reading.....OUT LOUD......

so four times in one year is not that much more, that is only one hour a day, reading.... less if reading silently...

a person can get a recorded copy of the Bible, and read along with it and be done in about 45 days, reading along with one tape or disc a day.....

what has been suggested is not unreasonable, in fact, very reasonable, one hour a day.... the first few days might be hard to get started and keep going for an hour, but after a couple weeks you might even find you can not stop at an hour a day....

actually, an hour a day, would let a person complete the Bible in 2 months, 20 days, leaving a 10 day period before starting again, and after a year, that would be 40 days with no reading..... those 10 days might be used for an hour of prayer, in conjunction with the other prayer times a person does......

not a bad plan.....

mike

I actually heard those stats before, but that was about 9 years ago when I was at Liberty U. Thanks for the information though, definitely good for encouragement.

Man, I tried to get your email off of the profile but it said I wasn't allowed to send through the message board. You can message me your email address if that'll work. Anybody else wanting to do this, just send me your email address through a pm and i'll send it out.

God bless you all. Accountability is key here, we need to help each other achieve it.