IGNORED

Prisoner abuse

Guest charlie

Guest LCPGUY
it was wrong. it should not have happened. but the photos and videos should never have been aired, either, and the media needs to back off the story. and the dems that are making such a huge stink over it, such as john kerry and others, need to shut the heck up. why? because by giving it more and more media focus, they are irresponsibly increasing the danger our troops (and iraqi citizens) are facing over there.

Right on LadyC :rolleyes:

Our politicians and media are doing great harm to the US on this issue. Both our military and our government are looking like fools for the whole world to see. That Senate hearing was joke, run by jokers. Our own Senate, along with 60 Minutes, has done this Nation irreparable harm.

Bro John

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LCPGUY
Not grovelling ....just responding to those who say it's no biggy and oh, well...it's just a war so it's to be expected.

No..it's never to be expected, war or not. That's what I'm responding to...the cavalier attitudes of people who think it's no big deal.

It is and we must do the right thing and move on...but I'm not blowing it off. None of us would if that were our father or son or brother being humiliated. We'd be majorly ticked!

Hey Cats...

I agree with you :rolleyes:

My only point is that....

well... just see my post just above this one.

Love you sis,

Bro John

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

For Christians, this behavior is shocking and repugnant. But for the world to be making a fuss over it is simply hypocrisy gone to seed! Every year, some soldiers do bad things. Even during the leftists archetype 'anointed' presidency of Bill Clinton, some female soldiers complained of sexual harassment, and even rape, yet NOT ONCE did the liberal media ever called for the resignation of Clinton's Secretary of Defence.

Are we going to start the attack on the SOD everytime a soldier behaves badly?

Look, this sort of thing is done EVERY YEAR as a Fraternity prank, or Freshman Hazing at universities across the country....it's what the world sans God does! I am certain that to the soldiers doing these things, it was no more than a frat house stunt. But to the Moslems (who still hold to a strict code of sexual mores), it has bought us a bundle of trouble.

My main problem is that it is the hypocritical left in this nation--who actually LOVE every form of sexual perversion and wickedness ever known--who are screaming bloody murder and feigning self-righteous dudgeon!

With a blessing,

Leonard, a sinner.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

It may be that some people will "use" this as a way of bringing down the Bush Administration.

It may be the extremists will also use this as another excuse for their bloody attacks on coalition forces.

I know all too well that there's hypocrisy but that doesn't make it any less a sin and a disgrace to our people.

God-man recently referred us to a website that gives a brief insight into the various fallacies of argumentation...such as Ad Hominom Attacks and many other tricks used in debates.

These are techniques designed to win a debate but not really move anyone's opinion either way.

I don't worry about what the "bad guys" do ...but I do worry how we respond.

Do we do what Jesus would do or do we throw stones?

I realize in war we will see death and injury but this went beyond either.

This was intended on creating shame and humiliation on prisoners who were unable to fend for themselves.

For what it's worth, my heart is grieved and I am deeply sorry that we have treated our enemies like animals rather than humans.

We are still made by the same God and we are held accountable for how we treat others.

The prisoners are made to suffer horribly rather than shown the love of Christ.

I would refuse an order to act this way if a CO told ME to interrogate or humiliate naked male prisoners.

It's no different than doing likewise to female prisoners.

We're not on the same level as Saddam Hussein...or are we?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Check out Godman's link to the "fallacies of argumentation"...

It doesn't matter if our prisons are like this because the argument isn't about American prisons...

We are discussing treatment of POWs so that has no relevance. Furthemore, two wrongs don't equate to one "right".

It's an invalid argument.

It's simply wrong to do. You'd think it wrong if your sister was captured by Iraqi men and raped and tortured. You wouldn't be lax and shrug and say, "Oh, well...it's just war."

We have a responsibility to do the right thing. Period. There are ways prisoners can be interrogated that are spelled out in the Geneva Convention.

No excuses...the rules were made for a reason. We have chosen to ignore the rules of engagement and do what gets us "results"...or so we think.

We no longer seem like "liberators" but cruel dictators who torture prisoners.

I am pleased to see our president step up to the plate and take responsibility for this. At least someone is saying, "We blew it!"

Guest yod

That was not an excuse.

It is still a fact though. It makes me wonder why no one complains about OUR sisters and OUR brothers and OUR family here being abused and in many cases even murdered with no protest.

This is not America on her best behaviour but the protest is way out of balance. War is always ugly and people get hurt. We are taking action to rectify the situation. That is plenty.

It is naive to think that our enemies have pure motives about human rights violations. They are looking for anything to weaken us.

Should we put our tail between our legs and run away?

No. We should flatten Fallujah.

Guest LadyC

on a side note, let me ask this question to everyone here.

the geneva convention prohibits degradation and humiliation, and the parading of prisoners of war via photos and videos. we all know the soldiers that committed these acts violated the geneva convention.

but by allowing those photos to be released and shown on every news station and in every paper and magazine, isn't that putting all of america in violation? granted, the GC only applies to military individuals, but it is our government that is allowing the photos to be released, isn't it?