• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

There is no scripture anywhere in the bible that gives any man or woman authority to forgive sins. Only Christ/God can do that. It is a man made function.

John 20: 21Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Jesus speaking to the Apostles. I just don't know how it could be stated any more clearly.

Let me state it more clearly. It isn't remitted, but counted remmited, It ian't Retain, but counted retained.

In other words, If you know someone who has asked God for forgiveness, You can say to them, God has forgiven you.

Acording to the original text, Man doesn't have the power to remit.

As for 2 Cor 2:10, "Forgave I it in the person of Christ". The Greek word for [Person] means, "Presence"

It should read, "Forgave it I in the presence of christ".

Priests do not have the power to remit.

Every Christian should forgive, Jesus said if we dont forgive, God wont forgive us. But there is a difference between forgiveness and remittance.

Edited by truthbringer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

There is no scripture anywhere in the bible that gives any man or woman authority to forgive sins. Only Christ/God can do that. It is a man made function.

John 20: then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Jesus speaking to the Apostles. I just don't know how it could be stated any more clearly.

Let me state it more clearly. It isn't remitted, but counted remmited, It ian't Retain, but counted retained.

In other words, If you know someone who has asked God for forgiveness, You can say to them, God has forgiven you.

Acording to the original text, Man doesn't have the power to remit.

As for 2 Cor 2:10, "Forgave I it in the person of Christ". The Greek word for [Person] means, "Presence"

It should read, "Forgave it I in the presence of Christ".

Priests do not have the power to remit.

Every Christian should forgive, Jesus said if we don't forgive, God wont forgive us. But there is a difference between forgiveness and remittance.

Unless God speaks to YOU personally and says "Tell him that I have forgiven him." YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF GOD SAID ANYTHING AT ALL. And I am not talking about God communicating to anyone that He has forgiven any kind of sin. I am talking about men or women having the power to forgive sin just as Jesus did.

If you believe that, you are very much deceived. Jesus is the only biblically sanctioned interceder to God for the forgiveness of sins and the forgiveness of any sin is strictly between the Father, the Son/intercessor and they sinner.

Even if you are the sinner who is asking for forgiveness you have no idea if God truly spoke those words to the priest or not. You don,t know if the priest is lying or simply imagining that He heard the voice of God or not. That is why the bible tells us to "trust no man". We are to trust Christ only.

How is that for clear?