• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/24/1987

The Trouble With Atheists

Biblically (Fundamentally)

The Atheist Like The Theist, The Agnostic And The Apathetic Have Only One Hope Which Is To Be Granted Belief In The LORD Jesus

As i've said before i opened myself to god many times. Laid myself bare for jesus and never felt one bit of difference in my life. Never felt his presence, holy spirit or anything that i could attribute to god having an influence in my life. I have always said i am open to god. Always. So in the end what more can i do. Should i blindly follow like a fake?

That's the problem with a lot of christians, believe it or not, is that we expect an instant miracle when we pray. It doesn't work like that. I don't know how long you laid yourself before Him, and I don't know if you truly meant it when you did. Christianity is about neverending faith in something we can't see, prove, feel, or tangibly touch.

It irritates me sometimes, but I continue my path. I figure: if there is no God after I die, then I guess I made a big mistake. But really, what am I losing? It's a good thing to have faith in one thing, it teaches us to have faith in other things that can't happen yet.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:emot-highfive:

Because It Is Written

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:

for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said,

and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:32

Believe It

Thy words were found, and I did eat them;

and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

:emot-hug:

The Atheist Like The Theist, The Agnostic And The Apathetic Have Only One Hope Which Is To Be Granted Belief In The LORD Jesus

As i've said before i opened myself to god many times. Laid myself bare for jesus and never felt one bit of difference in my life. Never felt his presence, holy spirit or anything that i could attribute to god having an influence in my life. I have always said i am open to god. Always. So in the end what more can i do. Should i blindly follow like a fake?

:thumbsup:

Dear One You Have A 10 Ton Beast Upon Your Back Called Sin

There Is One Who Loves You And He Is Greater Than All

And He Gave His All And He Whipped That Beast

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:2

:th_praying:

:blink:

Seek

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 7:7-8

Trust God

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Psalms 9:10

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Numbers 6:24-26

:emot-heartbeat:

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Psalms 141:3

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I am a christian, and I think I can relate to the way you feel, because I have certain personal issues that would seem to be much in common with what you describe.

Not gonna quote Bible verses at you, because I can't stand it when other christians do it to me. Well, maybe a paraphrase or two...

I am a man, so I don't really know for sure, but I think you are essentially describing some things that a barren woman must feel when she cannot have children. All that trying and crying, and nothing ever happens. No fruit. But a barren woman still loves her husband, even though she has no children, and he loves her. Things don't work the same for all believers, if they did, we'd all be clones I guess.

Do you blindly follow like a fake? Well, we should "examine ourself whether we are in the faith". WE shouldn't follow feelings, but feelings should come eventually.

I don't think any of us truly know the Lord like we would like to. All we really have are glimpses, usually when we are deep in prayer or in deep necessity, or when someone else is.

Being a christian is not easy. But if you keep seeking and keep believing, then one day you will be concieving.

Its a test, you see. Will you give up just because your "sister" had one more child than you? Or because the handmaiden got a child before you? Will you give up because you don't "see" or "feel" results? Will you laugh at God because the promise seems impossible? I hope not.

God will answer you, if you are sincere, and he will give you faith to believe and recieve. Jesus really does love you, so do not give up seeking him.

I get what your saying. I'll leave it with this. I will always be open to god in my life. Whether i ever feel that connection, i'll just have to wait and see. All i can do is enjoy life as much as possible and see where the journey takes me.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/04/1985

I think it's amusing to watch atheists join this board and immediately attempt to argue our God.

I say 'our God' because I have honestly never seen an atheist arguing with a Moslem, a Buddhist, a Shintoist, a Hindu, etc...

So why do you argue our God? I mean, to deny the existence of only one God, you HAVE to admit that there is one, right?

And why are you so adamant about joining a forum who's ideas and beliefs you obviously disagree with? Why not join an Atheism group? Is it because an Atheism group would have nothing to talk about? I mean, you have no beliefs in a higher power, right?

There, I said it. And I feel loads better.

We live in a nation where the majority of people are Christians. Christians are the most outspoken in this country, when it comes to religious people. Therefore, it always seems like Christians are the ones trying to push their agendas (or the ones opposing agendas that they don't agree with). It's the Christians who rally together opposing same-sex marriage. At least, that is what I tend to see. This goes the same for other hot button issues.

Denying the existence of something means that you have to believe it exists in the first place? Please. Let's say that you don't believe aliens exist. Does that mean that you admit they exist because you are denying that they exist? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

I join these forums for discussion. I learn a lot from the intelligent Christians who post in these types of forums. Since, like I said earlier, Christianity is the most common faith in the country that I live, I find it important to understand as much as I can about it.

I am a member of a few different atheist forums. We talk about issues that affect our lives, philosophy, morality... actually, we talk about the same things that you talk about for the most part.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I get what your saying. I'll leave it with this. I will always be open to god in my life. Whether i ever feel that connection, i'll just have to wait and see. All i can do is enjoy life as much as possible and see where the journey takes me.

It's great that you have left the door open, O.K. I pray that you find your way to Him, the one who loves you the same as the most devout Christian. :blink: