• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/24/1987

I think it's amusing to watch atheists join this board and immediately attempt to argue our God.

I say 'our God' because I have honestly never seen an atheist arguing with a Moslem, a Buddhist, a Shintoist, a Hindu, etc...

So why do you argue our God? I mean, to deny the existence of only one God, you HAVE to admit that there is one, right?

And why are you so adamant about joining a forum who's ideas and beliefs you obviously disagree with? Why not join an Atheism group? Is it because an Atheism group would have nothing to talk about? I mean, you have no beliefs in a higher power, right?

There, I said it. And I feel loads better.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

Yep. In America, we tolerate everything. Except the Christians. Everyone is allowed to do whatever. Except the Christians. But we're the intolerant ones!

Yep. In America, we tolerate everything. Except the Christians. Everyone is allowed to do whatever. Except the Christians. But we're the intolerant ones!

Now I never said that. I'm just saying that I think it's amusing that Christians are the only ones being openly attacked by Atheists

Edited by Chou

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I think its geat actually. :24:

...for two reasons.

People have little fear over a lie but when they feel their way is threatened by something bigger and more powerful, they want to argue and dispute it away. Therefore one of the evidences for the existance of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is just how threatened those who remain in the dark get from the mere mention of His name.

Secondly, by people being drawn to the LIGHT, we have an opportunity to witness and share our FAITH in Jesus Christ. We are given the opportunity to share with others WHY we believe as we do. We are given the opportunity to testify and be ambassadors for Christ without spending a lot of resources or time on mission trips. People from the far reaches, if they have internet connections, have the ability to come here and hopefully the seed of God's Word we cast takes root one day.

Be kind...be humble...be compassionate... for at one time, we all were enemies of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I think it is a wonderful thing. Our God is big enough to stand up to a little scrutiny

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I think its geat actually. :emot-cheering:

...for two reasons.

People have little fear over a lie but when they feel their way is threatened by something bigger and more powerful, they want to argue and dispute it away. Therefore one of the evidences for the existance of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is just how threatened those who remain in the dark get from the mere mention of His name.

Secondly, by people being drawn to the LIGHT, we have an opportunity to witness and share our FAITH in Jesus Christ. We are given the opportunity to share with others WHY we believe as we do. We are given the opportunity to testify and be ambassadors for Christ without spending a lot of resources or time on mission trips. People from the far reaches, if they have internet connections, have the ability to come here and hopefully the seed of God's Word we cast takes root one day.

Be kind...be humble...be compassionate... for at one time, we all were enemies of God.

Amen, very well said. One thing I've noticed, if you break down wall, many will fight harder to rebuild the wall, darkness cannot exist in light, so Satan will always attack where God's moving the most.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Sonic Flood said something about this on their first cd way back maybe 10 years ago. Something along the lines of He isn't afraid of our challenges and our questions. He is confident and He has all the answers. I think it's awesome when people of other faiths (or in the case of an atheist, lack of faith) come here or to any Christian forum and interact with those of us who's belief system is built on faith. It keeps us sharp in Truth because we must know what we believe and why we believe it. As WayneB mentioned before, we must also remember that we were all at that same place at some time. The foot of the cross is level ground so we all come to it the same way, by repentance from sin and receiving the gift of Salvation.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I think it is a wonderful thing. Our God is big enough to stand up to a little scrutiny

Right, we should welcome atheists and agnostics because they obviously come here of their own free will and want to know and to discuss things. This is a positive thing; for them and for believers although I'll be the first to admit that sometimes they can be trying. That's okay! No one should be marginalized because they think differently and this is a great way to witness to those who don't believe in Him. We must not forget that God would have none perish; believers have a duty to try to support His wishes. :emot-cheering:

Right, we should welcome atheists and agnostics because they obviously come here of their own free will and want to know and to discuss things. This is a positive thing; for them and for believers although I'll be the first to admit that sometimes they can be trying. That's okay! No one should be marginalized because they think differently and this is a great way to witness to those who don't believe in Him. We must not forget that God would have none perish; believers have a duty to try to support His wishes. :emot-prettywink:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they shouldn't be welcome! If we rejected them, then we'd be no better. I'm just wondering why some will join the forum to start heated debates and continue to stir the coals. It just seems rather cruel and immature. I mean... what are they trying to prove? You can't prove anything if you have nothing that needs proving.

Edited by Chou

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

And why are you so adamant about joining a forum who's ideas and beliefs you obviously disagree with? Why not join an Atheism group? Is it because an Atheism group would have nothing to talk about? I mean, you have no beliefs in a higher power, right?

I have been studying since I have been gone and I have learned a thing or two about human behavior while gone. Atheists join these boards because they feel a need to be right. If they are wrong it destroys everything they have justified in their mind about our world and who we are. Atheism actually gives the atheist a degree of comfort in being able to explain something unexplainable (One of Gods qualities is that he is unexplainable). Also there are atheism boards but no atheists on those boards actually want to talk about how nonreligious they are. They talk about cars, taxes, politics and the occasional stab at Christianity.

So my point is the ones that come here are insecure in some way, are looking for God but by challenging those with faith, or are having fun by arguing one of the only things they feel passionate about. They do it in the religious section of yahoo answers as well.