IGNORED

Science and the Bible

.... do not bother to have any intellectual curiosity and just provide Bible quotes to "support" your postion.

:laugh:

Curiously Sound Advice Once Given To The Wisest Man Next To Jesus Christ Ever To Walk The Face Of The Earth

And Although Solomon Did Not Always Heed It, This Advice Is Still Valid For The Modern Wise Guy

(Myself Included)

And thou, Solomon my son,

know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind:

for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts:

if thou seek him, he will be found of thee;

but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

1 Chronicles 28:9

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

You people with "big brains" will never find true happiness because you'll spend your life trying to find evidence for or against God when the only evidence is in your soul.

This has got to be probably the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards. I don't believe, however, I'm not going to ponder upon the existance or non-existance of God. I've already done that and have better things to do. :24: Well, I guess I'm not going to be very happy :24:

So why do you waste your time here then? :laugh:

Gerioke

I have no argument. I believe what I believe and that's all there is. I have a regular sized brain so I am ok with that.

Your intellectual lethargy is simply staggering.

Thank you :laugh:

Gerioke

I have no argument. I believe what I believe and that's all there is. I have a regular sized brain so I am ok with that.

Thank you :laugh:

And that, sports fans, says it all.

Am I giving you a headache yet? :whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/25/1960

Thank you for the website link Jeff.

Gerioke

Thank you :blink:

Am I giving you a headache yet? :24:

Look, I understand that you may believe in God without argument or logic, by faith or whatever, but the actual point we are discussing has nothing to do with God. All we are discussing is whether the suitability of our universe invalidates atheism. This point, being about atheism, not Christianity, is not a matter of faith, it is a matter of reason and logic.

From what I understand, atheism is a faith. You have faith that there is no God. I believe the suitability of our universe invalidates atheism because, like in our natural world, if it doesn't get created, it doesn't exist. Sounds logical to me. No big brain required. :24:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Gerioke

Thank you :24:

Am I giving you a headache yet? :24:

Look, I understand that you may believe in God without argument or logic, by faith or whatever, but the actual point we are discussing has nothing to do with God. All we are discussing is whether the suitability of our universe invalidates atheism. This point, being about atheism, not Christianity, is not a matter of faith, it is a matter of reason and logic.

From what I understand, atheism is a faith. You have faith that there is no God. I believe the suitability of our universe invalidates atheism because, like in our natural world, if it doesn't get created, it doesn't exist. Sounds logical to me. No big brain required. :laugh:

Good point, Gerioke.....something can't come from nothing without God's hand. :blink:

I believe the suitability of our universe invalidates atheism because, like in our natural world, if it doesn't get created, it doesn't exist.

No, by that logic, it isn't the suitability of our universe that invalidates atheism, it is the existence of our universe that invalidates atheism. That is a separate matter. Whether or not our existence invalidates atheism is open for discussion, but the suitability of our universe doesn't prove or disprove anything.

You'll argue about anything.

I'll buy your comment that the existence of our universe invalidate atheism though. I'm glad you finally see the light. :emot-questioned:

I believe the suitability of our universe invalidates atheism because, like in our natural world, if it doesn't get created, it doesn't exist.
No, by that logic, it isn't the suitability of our universe that invalidates atheism, it is the existence of our universe that invalidates atheism. That is a separate matter. Whether or not our existence invalidates atheism is open for discussion, but the suitability of our universe doesn't prove or disprove anything.

Can You Really Look At The Glory Of The Heavens And Not See The Fingerprint Of God?

How Lonely

Can You Really Ponder The Intricate Balance Between Our Physical, Emotional, Intellectual And Spiritual Needs And The Wonderful Planet We Live Upon And Not See The Loving Kindness Of It's Creator?

How Sad

In My Observation, Even The Most Production And Artistic Life Without The LORD Jesus Christ Is So Gray, Mechanical, Hopeless And Pointless.

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

May The Holy Spirit Light Up Your Heart With The Love Of Jesus

Love, Joe

You'll argue about anything.

I'll buy your comment that the existence of our universe invalidate atheism though. I'm glad you finally see the light. :laugh:

:thumbsup: I clearly said "Whether or not our existence invalidates atheism is open for discussion". If your critical reading skills are really that bad you should seek help, but I suspect this was just another intellectually dishonest tactic, albeit a pathetically weak one.

My point was that your argument that "if it doesn't get created, it doesn't exist" clearly doesn't address the suitability of our universe, but its existence. You are arguing a different point.

I quoted you word for word. There is nothing wrong with my reading skills. Perhaps you should look into your writing skills.