• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You know what drives me crazy?

It drives me crazy that taking care of the planet, the land, our local ecology has become a political bi-pole. Either you are a Liberal earth-worshiping greenie, or you are a Conservative apathetic degradator of the planet.

I wish more Conservative Christians would be pro-active in stewardship of the land (stream-cleaning, building riparian buffers, wetland preservation, picking up their trash, building solar power and wind-power where feasible, recycling, etc.) and I wish more Liberals would be more realistic about the economic impacts of quick radical change.

It's all very sad.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

". . .some scientists disagree. . ." 31000 is not a number to be marginalized.

". . .Careless pigs. . ." Who are you talking about when you say we? Did you know the US is leading the world when it comes to climate preservation and conservation? China, India and other newly industrialized nations are polluting so carelessly that America could be 100% "carbon neutral" and yet have no impact on the global environment, because of the extent of the pollution of those nations.

80% of Europe's energy comes from nuclear power, Nuclear energy is the cleanest and most efficient form of energy the modern world has developed, yet the US (the leader of the modern world and the inventor of nuclear energy) is the only country that can't use it.

There are careless pigs in the US, just like there are careless pigs all over the world, but I and millions of others actually respect the environment and clean up after ourselves. We conserve energy the best ways we can, which is very expensive in the short term. I hate the flourescent light bulbs we now have, but they don't burn out and they probably saved me $20.00 a month in energy conservation. My wife and I have small engine, very efficient vehicles. I have an S-10 Pick-up that gets about 25 Mpg with the 4 Cyl 2200 engine and my wife has an Aveo that gets between 30-35 mpg. We conserve water, keep our house at a moderate temperature (76 degrees) and around 74 at night. We recycle and dispose of hazardous materials (oil, batteries) properly. So, I take great offense when someone, who doesn't even know me, calls me a pig because I don't believe in APG.

As has been repeated countless times by us "pigs" we want to protect the environment, but we want to have the liberty and money to choose how we do it. The global warming activists think the only solution to the problem is money and bigger government, that's not the way. Investing in clean energy sources is a good start, investing in energy independence is a good start, there are small investments we can all make to improve our energy efficiency and we don't have to buy into the lastest green fad.

Hybrid vehicles are still too expensive for most Americans, until you can find a new hybrid for under 25,000.00 you can't expect too many people to be driving them around. It's not reasonable.

Until APG is no longer a theory, it is unreasonable to make the kind of changes and investments the environmentalists are demanding.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

You know what drives me crazy?

It drives me crazy that taking care of the planet, the land, our local ecology has become a political bi-pole. Either you are a Liberal earth-worshiping greenie, or you are a Conservative apathetic degradator of the planet.

I wish more Conservative Christians would be pro-active in stewardship of the land (stream-cleaning, building riparian buffers, wetland preservation, picking up their trash, building solar power and wind-power where feasible, recycling, etc.) and I wish more Liberals would be more realistic about the economic impacts of quick radical change.

It's all very sad.

:whistling:

I completely agree, nebula.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

". . .some scientists disagree. . ." 31000 is not a number to be marginalized.

...Nor is the overwhelming majority of scientists a number to be marginalized, yet that is the intent of the article. Ignore the majority, side with the minority...for no reason other than wishful thinking. Let's shirk our responsibility now and leave it all to our children. That's easy.

". . .Careless pigs. . ." Who are you talking about when you say we? Did you know the US is leading the world when it comes to climate preservation and conservation? China, India and other newly industrialized nations are polluting so carelessly that America could be 100% "carbon neutral" and yet have no impact on the global environment, because of the extent of the pollution of those nations.

The average American consumes the most resources of any citizen on Earth. Have you ever seen the environmental footprint of Americans compared to other countries? It is staggering. If we're not careless pigs, then we shouldn't play the part.

80% of Europe's energy comes from nuclear power, Nuclear energy is the cleanest and most efficient form of energy the modern world has developed, yet the US (the leader of the modern world and the inventor of nuclear energy) is the only country that can't use it.

We should get on that.

There are careless pigs in the US, just like there are careless pigs all over the world, but I and millions of others actually respect the environment and clean up after ourselves. We conserve energy the best ways we can, which is very expensive in the short term. I hate the flourescent light bulbs we now have, but they don't burn out and they probably saved me $20.00 a month in energy conservation. My wife and I have small engine, very efficient vehicles. I have an S-10 Pick-up that gets about 25 Mpg with the 4 Cyl 2200 engine and my wife has an Aveo that gets between 30-35 mpg. We conserve water, keep our house at a moderate temperature (76 degrees) and around 74 at night. We recycle and dispose of hazardous materials (oil, batteries) properly. So, I take great offense when someone, who doesn't even know me, calls me a pig because I don't believe in APG.

That's great. Even the little things count. But the numbers don't lie, Justin. Americans consume--and waste--more than people in any other country. That's not a point I'm afraid to bring up. More people need to hear it--and they need to do something about it.

The global warming activists think the only solution to the problem is money and bigger government, that's not the way.

No, they don't. By writing off their efforts, you are doing more harm than good.

Until APG is no longer a theory, it is unreasonable to make the kind of changes and investments the environmentalists are demanding.

I don't doubt that you have good intentions, but by writing off this theory, you are doing more harm than good. You are fooling yourself.

• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Oh' for the days of Ronald Reagan. :wub:

Jimmah Carter would be on T.V. in a sweater in the White House making an appeal for us to turn down our thermostats, just like him, and to drive 55. Meanwhiule because of Cafe standards the Old Buick Roadmasters had been replaced with Honda's with lawnmower engines in them. :thumbsup: People were being killed left and right on the highways in death trap mobiles. :wub: Gas lines and rationing (I sat in them with my Dad). (Thus the modern evolution of the SUV, families needed safe transportation for their Family's and trucks were exempt from Cafe for the most part :whistling: Saftey, America flocked to it). The economy was in double digit stagflation. (I remember my brother buying his first house and all he could afford on a real good salary was an MPU townhouse because inflation rates had set interest rates at like 14%. ;) ). Then, like now we were facing Iran and Jimmah wanted to talk while hostages wasted away and the Mullahs simply smiled and chuckeled about the salad days of America being over. :wub: (Can anyone say Achminejaad? :thumbsup: )

Then came Ronnie and he said it was okay to be an American and as a matter of fact we had faced far worse in our history. That we should stand up on our own two feet and proclaim who we were and who we are. That we should hold our heads up high and work our way free from this debacle. He promised to cut taxes to cause Business to flourish, and it did. :thumbsup: He would make commercials in a short sleeve shirt and mock Jimmah for turning down the thermostat in the White House. He said we were a beacon to the world of Freedom and that we should prepare to rise up off our knee's and be the blessing to the world that we were. Then he sacked the Russians and right as he took office the Iranians quaked in their boots and released the hostages.

Then again, Obama has been stating time and again that we need to turn down our thermostats, talk to the Iranians, and park our SUV's so that we will gain respect in the world. :blink: Didn't we try this all before? :thumbsup:

Where's a Leader with Vision? One that will Lead and Blaze a new trail forward? Father help us, forgive us, our sin has covered our eyes and we refuse to see. ;)

• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Loarx,

Do you feel that those of us who are ignorant and refuse to believe the propaganda ought be punished? If so, what form of punishment should be meted out? :thumbsup:

By the way, the Green Gospel is a lie straight from hell. :whistling: At it's center is the worship of the Creation and mankinds efforts (works) at restoration of a permanently marred Creation. It's a Religion. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Loarx,

Do you feel that those of us who are ignorant and refuse to believe the propaganda ought be punished? If so, what form of punishment should be meted out? :thumbsup:

By the way, the Green Gospel is a lie straight from hell. :whistling: At it's center is the worship of the Creation and mankinds efforts (works) at restoration of a permanently marred Creation. It's a Religion. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

Treating the Lord's creation with respect doesn't constitute a religion. We are all His creation, should we start treating each other with the blatant disregard that we've been showing to the environment? Do you find it un-Christian to be a good steward of the land?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Loarx,

By the way, the Green Gospel is a lie straight from hell. :th_praying: At it's center is the worship of the Creation and mankinds efforts (works) at restoration of a permanently marred Creation. It's a Religion. :b:

Peace,

Dave

Treating the Lord's creation with respect doesn't constitute a religion. We are all His creation, should we start treating each other with the blatant disregard that we've been showing to the environment? Do you find it un-Christian to be a good steward of the land?

No, but, like I said in an above post, we don't need to be taxed into oblivion in order to do it, for a hoas.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Loarx,

By the way, the Green Gospel is a lie straight from hell. :th_praying: At it's center is the worship of the Creation and mankinds efforts (works) at restoration of a permanently marred Creation. It's a Religion. :b:

Peace,

Dave

"Who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen." (Rom. 1:25)

In my opinion the extreme environmentalists do this, and many Christian groups are following in lock-step with the environmentalist movements which emphasize the environment over human beings. So I think that environmentalism could very well be a form of religion.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Loarx,

Peace,

Dave

"Who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen." (Rom. 1:25)

In my opinion the extreme environmentalists do this, and many Christian groups are following in lock-step with the environmentalist movements which emphasize the environment over human beings. So I think that environmentalism could very well be a form of religion.

They are not putting the environment before humans, well most of them anyway. Can you not comprehend the fact that if our environment becomes unsuitable for life, we die, as a species. By salvaging what's left of the environment we ensure our survival.