False testimony that brings persecution

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

For clarification, I meant that a certain denomination here has decided that Bible studies should only take place within a church. Isn't that weird?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Still not understanding the OP's point - and what is Shinchonji?

Sheya,

The reason the opening post was written was to open the forum that there has been much persecution and labeling of others as cults without using the Bible as the standard. I am sure that no one would think they are only using the standards of people, but how many could open their Bibles and point out the errors of denominations or labeled cult groups using Bible passages? Do Christians call "Mormons" a cult because their pastor says they are or because they actually know the Mormon doctrine and can use scriptures to support or refute them? Aren't Mormons (just an example of a group that people in my home state considered a cult) also educated people? Shouldn't we use educated defenses based on scriptures? Even if a group is called a cult, should we persecute them?

Unfortunately, when we hear "cult" associated with a group thirty times, we often just start thinking of that group as a cult rather than researching.

In Korea, many churches considered the Assembly of God church as a cult. However, when the numbers grew rapidly, the claims of a cult decreased. What was the standard? Number of people in a church? What was the size of Jesus' church at the first coming? How did people view him? (see Acts 24 and what Paul was called)

Shouldn't we base our standard of the truth upon the word?

Sheya, what is Shinchonji? It sounds weird, right? It is actually a Korean expression that means "new heaven and earth" based upon Rev 21:1-6. Have you heard of the Vineyard church? Vineyard, in the figurative language of the Bible, represents a church (Jn 15:1, Jesus calls himself the vine and his followers branches of that vine. Therefore, people were referred to as vines and branches of vines. A place where many vines are gathered is a vineyard. Isa 5:7 also talks about this.) If you refer to the figurative language in the Bible, heaven has many meanings and "tabernacle" (or church) is one of them. Since we as Christians are waiting for the new heaven and new earth, the church's title is a reminder that someday that prophecy must be fulfilled. I am not trying to promote the church, I am just hopefully answering your question. If anyone else has any questions about Shinchonji, maybe it would be better to email me (I do not want to sound like I am promoting the church in this forum).

Would anyone be interested in continuing this thread in the inner court?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i am interested in hearing the answer to the 'true pastor' question.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I am closing this thread. We do not encourage the pushing of denominations here at Worthy