Guest arkon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

And many species appeared to go extinct during Noah's flood.

Today's rate of extinction is one per day. I'm not sure what the problem is.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest arkon
How did Noah's flood wipe out marine life?
I guess because it is hard to imagine a global flood, it is hard to understand what one would do.

All marine life was not wiped out.

I like the point about the cealocanth (spelling?) . It was supposed to be the lungfish. Thats what they told me way back in grade school. Its fossils are millions of years old and the fish died out long ago .

But it wasnt

And it didnt

But that was recent scientific knowledge. What sort of an educated person did it take to prove it wrong?

I think it was fitting (considering what Jesus when He was rounding up the Apostles)...that a fisherman did it. A simple fisherman caught an extinct fish that died out millions of years ago.

So what happened to other marine life that is in the fossil record, that we dont see today?

Look up information about floods and mud flows. The picture it on a Pangea, Global scale. All shallow water marine life would be in peril

According to evolutionary theory, what is their reasoning for the massive extinction of sea creatures? Out of curiosity.

Guest arkon

This is an adition to the first post in this thread

Whether or not you think of oysters as a gourmet delicacy, there

Edited by arkon

Guest arkon

Discovery during construction backs up Isaiah and Jobs account of world events, which easily resolves mammoth mystery and many other extinctions that happened during the global climate change that took place during the dispertion

This is the conclusion drawn by Dr Jackie Skipper, palaeontologist at the UK's Natural History Museum, from fossils uncovered by digging work on London's Channel Tunnel rail link.

Dr Skipper has found oyster, shark teeth and exotic palm tree fossils which show that Stratford in east London had a climate similar to today's South China seas 55.5 million years ago.

Work on the rail link to the Channel Tunnel has carved out a trench 1.1 kilometres (two-thirds of a mile) long, 40 metres (44 yards) wide and more than four storeys deep.

Sharks in the streets

"This exciting find gives us valuable evidence of what London's landscape used to look like," Dr Skipper said.

"We are talking Malaysia, Thailand - that kind of temperature - in east London.

The fossils are in pristine condition

Image courtesy Natural History Museum

"We've got palm trees, we've got sharks, we've got shells and a sandy beach," she told the BBC.

"We've got these huge banks of oysters, we've got evidence of enormous earthquakes, of a sub-tropical paradise in east London with sharks swimming through the streets.

"It's just an extraordinary picture and it's really contributing to our understanding of the time," Dr Skipper said.

The Natural History Museum has been providing advice during the digging work and this has helped secure the fossils.

The remnants of the East End's tropical past will be held at the Natural History Museum and made available to researchers.

At the time they were deposited, much of what is now north-west Europe was under a shallow sea and probably only the Midlands, West Country and Scotland were above sea level.

Volcanoes were erupting in Scotland and earthquakes and ash falls were regular occurrences.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

How did Noah's flood wipe out marine life?

I'll take an uneducated guess. Don't hammer me if it's wrong though because this is just off the top of my pretty lil head. lol. The waters rose very high and when they receded, some of the marine life ended up on land rather than in bodies of water.

When volcanic eruptions are involved, water turns to acid due to chemical reactions with various minerals released by the volcanic reaction. If there were various geological events going on that spured the flood, could this not kill marine life by turning waters toxic? The acid/base level of the water would most definetly experience drastic changes I would think.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

This is an adition to the first post in this thread

Whether or not you think of oysters as a gourmet delicacy, there

When volcanic eruptions are involved, water turns to acid due to chemical reactions with various minerals released by the volcanic reaction. If there were various geological events going on that spured the flood, could this not kill marine life by turning waters toxic? The acid/base level of the water would most definetly experience drastic changes I would think.

Okay, yeah. That makes sense.

BTW VR. Nice to see you back on the boards! And it's nice to be debating along side you as opposed to against you. lol. :t2:

Guest arkon
I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a moment....lol

The answer to your question is in my post...in bold....AND in the quote of my post that you made...in bold