IGNORED

Noah , Babel, Peleg

Guest arkon

Guest arkon

I made this post on another forum for a fellow christian that was having trouble coming to grips with how there could be so many fossils...and buried so deep in some cases...and with an earth that is only 6000 years old -+

First, ... I COULD simply ask you to use reason.....and if you believe the flood, and that such a huge amount of water came from under the earth....to be on top of the earth.....then surely it would result in massive shutterings of the earth...and disfigured land mass.

But I wont.

After the flood, the next time we would see massive global disaster was at Babel.

Now at babel, God said "Let US go down there......".

Can you imagine?!! Picture Nimrod Construction Inc...with thousands of people working...building a tower to make a name for themselves....a tower to the Heavens...and suddenly

God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit appear!!!

Now it is very shortly after Babel that Peleg is born...you need to keep that in mind.

First God confused the tongues and scattered the people. Then He divided the land.

Now, God comes down to earth...and pretty PO'ed too. What is it like when God makes an appearance here?

1Ki 19:11

Edited by arkon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest arkon

Had to fix a misplaced quote bracket above.

I wanted to add , there is a day in the bible when the sun stopped for a day.

There is another when the sun moved backwards.

I would think this could cause some pretty bad side effects as well. Just a thought

Guest arkon

It just hit me... :t2:

I guess the 'comet that killed off the dinosaurs' was the same one that killed Jobs sheep ?

:rolleyes:

:whistle:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hi, Arkon!

Did you know that the Answers in Genesis website has a list of arguments Christians shouldn't use in arguing the young earth? Well, they do, and I posted it in another thread. ANyway, one point they mentioned is that the days of Peleg refering to the dividing of the continents is a wrong interpretation. I hope you check out the website and see it for yourself.

By the way, I've been wondering, if Noah was supposed to put two of every kind of animal on the face of the entire globe in the ark, why are ther more extinct species animals in the fossile record than there are currently on the Earth? Did Noah fail to fulfill the command?

I'm also wondering how humans survived living with the dinosaurs, especially with creatures like the T. Rex and the allosaurs and the veloci-raptors running around?

Just being curious.

Guest arkon

This is my 3rd attempt at trying to reply to this. The board is really screwy this morning.

I can agree with them on that point. The division at the time of peleg was by water. Now this can mean that the land moved apart, thus causing an ocean in between, or it could already have been apart, and the oceans rose afterward once the people/animals migrated.

As for dino's and people living at the same time, I dont see why that should be a problem. Man did not eat meat before the flood. In eden, the animals did not either. After eden, I dont know. If they did, then they had a natural food source and territory that they stayed in just as animals do today. When man encroaches, the animals lose. Even in africa. Even in the ocean (great whites).

After the flood, God told Noah that the animals are now game. Like man, the life of animals was shortened. What ever the evironment was before the flood, it was not as good after the flood. Some creatures had it tougher than others. Now add in

1. the calamity during pelegs day

2. man hunting them

Its easy to see that many did not make it. Especially the ones that reproduce slower. But dinos did make the crossing into america because ancient indian rock art depicts them. Their legends speak of them. The fossils confirm the stories and pictures.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Normally I agree with AIG material. Their page, Arguments Creationists Should Not Use, is very good. However, I think on this Peleg-earth divided issue they could be wrong. They fail to mention that during this time the life spans were again cut in half and make no attempt to explain that occurrence. I think there was some type of catastrophe. They use the

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

As for dino's and people living at the same time, I dont see why that should be a problem. Man did not eat meat before the flood. In eden, the animals did not either. After eden, I dont know. If they did, then they had a natural food source and territory that they stayed in just as animals do today. When man encroaches, the animals lose. Even in africa. Even in the ocean (great whites).

After the flood, God told Noah that the animals are now game. Like man, the life of animals was shortened. What ever the evironment was before the flood, it was not as good after the flood. Some creatures had it tougher than others. Now add in

1. the calamity during pelegs day

2. man hunting them

Its easy to see that many did not make it. Especially the ones that reproduce slower. But dinos did make the crossing into america because ancient indian rock art depicts them. Their legends speak of them. The fossils confirm the stories and pictures.

So, you can't see these giant carnivorous creatures being a problem to early humans who had at best lances and knives? I mean, how did the humans defend themselves and survive?

:laugh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

By the way, I've been wondering, if Noah was supposed to put two of every kind of animal on the face of the entire globe in the ark, why are ther more extinct species animals in the fossile record than there are currently on the Earth? Did Noah fail to fulfill the command?

Isn't the rate of species extinction about 1 per day?

Noah didn't fail to fulfill the command. Just because there are extinct species in the fossil record, doesn't mean Noah didn't take these animals onboard. He wouldn't have had to take them all on board anyway. When the Bible says two of every 'kind', this is not nearly as specific as what we know as two of every modern species. A dog, wolf and fox are all considered one 'kind'. A few years ago, it was discovered, in line with Creationist thinking, that these separate species probably did originate from one dog.

I'm also wondering how humans survived living with the dinosaurs, especially with creatures like the T. Rex and the allosaurs and the veloci-raptors running around?

Intelligence. Weapons, sheltering in caves ('cavemen' had a very good reason to live in caves) and running and hiding in small places that a big dino couldn't get to. lol. Clearly, from the Bible mentions, there is a creature that men greatly feared and it's description seems to fit that of a dinosaur.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Normally I agree with AIG material. Their page, Arguments Creationists Should Not Use, is very good. However, I think on this Peleg-earth divided issue they could be wrong. They fail to mention that during this time the life spans were again cut in half and make no attempt to explain that occurrence. I think there was some type of catastrophe. They use the

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

Since it wasn't a meteorite that wiped out the dinosaurs, maybe someone would like to explain to me:

a) The impact crater in North America

b) The appearance of shocked quartz at the time in that location

c) Excess iridium in the fossil record worldwide at that time

d) Microspherules in the fossil record at the time

e) Excess fullerines

f) The extinction of all animals over 25 Kg, and 85% of all life on earth at the K-T boundary.

Good luck.

Oh, btw, once you've done this, maybe you'd like to explain the other 4 mass extinctions in the fossil record, especially the first, since it was even grander than the K-T extinction.

Thanks!

Nik