IGNORED

Noah , Babel, Peleg

Guest arkon

Guest arkon

Im not aware of 4 mass extinctions. Only two. Ive been out of school for some time now, and even then they only dealt with one.

Could you provide a little bit more info on them like

first extinction: these animals: probobly from this cause: probobly this long ago

Second ext: etc etc

just very short info like that.

Nebula

I agree that dino's would be a problem. I do not believe they would roam everywhere tho. Like the behemouth in Job, and the lion and elephant in africa, they had their habitats. (the bible says the area of israel was well watered at one time...egypt too...) The likely pole shift, caused a climate change that wiped out many. Man dealt with what was left.

New Mexico / Texas indians have stories about them. One tells how this creature would pick a man up by his head...toss his own head back, and the man was gone. They killed this beast and cut off its head. Its body is now said to be a ridge line on the mesa, and its head is a nearby knoll. There is allot of rock art in that area and allot of dino rock art.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

Arkon,

Im not aware of 4 mass extinctions. Only two. Ive been out of school for some time now, and even then they only dealt with one.

Could you provide a little bit more info on them like

first extinction: these animals: probobly from this cause: probobly this long ago

Second ext: etc etc

Sure:

Frasnian-Fammenian

364 million years ago

60% of marine life wiped out. 14-22% families, 55% genera, 82% species affected

Known features: Cratar (Silian, Sweden), shocked quartz, microspherules (belgium, china, Australia), Iridium anomaly

End Permian (the great extinction)

251 million years ago

96% of all life wiped out. The primary marine and terrestrial victims included the fusulinid foraminifera, trilobites, rugose and tabulate corals, blastoids, acanthodians, placoderms, and pelycosaurs, which did not survive beyond the Permian boundary. Other groups that were substantially reduced included the bryozoans, brachiopods, ammonoids, sharks, bony fish, crinoids, eurypterids, ostracodes, and echinoderms.

Shocked Quartz, Microspherules and Fullerine found

Triassic-Jurassic

200 million years ago

20% of all marine families and most non-dinosaurian archosaurs, most therapsids, and the last of the large amphibians were wiped out.

Iridium anomaly, Shocked Quartz and microspherules, Crater found

Cretaceous-Tertiary (K-T)

66 million years ago

All animals over 25kg extinct - 85% of all species died. Although dinosaurs were among the unfortunate victims to perish in the K-T extinction, several other terrestrial and marine biotic groups were also severely affected or eliminated in the crisis. Among those that perished were the pterosaurs, belemnoids, many species of plants (except amongst the ferns and seed-producing plants), ammonoids, marine reptiles, and rudist bivalves. Organisms which were severly affected included planktic foraminifera, calcareous nannoplankton, diatoms, dinoflagellates, brachiopods, molluscs, echinoids, and fish.

Iridium anomaly, Crater, Shocked Quartz, Microspherules and Fullerines all found for this extinction event. Evidence of flood basalt in Deccan Traps.

Try hydrolic sorting and zoning to explain them (or indeed, anything in the fossil record!!!) :t2:

Guest arkon

I believe most of this is from Noahs flood.

It seems that the extinctions started with the lowest creatures. The ones buried first were in the lower levels. Then it works its way up. At some point it will be mixed and then yes.. hydrolic sorting would have some kind of role. It would have to have some kind of effect.

Crater impacts are no big deal to me. To the earth, yes. I know they happened.

In the first post I showed the same. Its logical that something busted the crust enough to open the fountains of the deep. Then , a few hundred years later, it caused another massive distaster (shown in first post, this thread)... huge tidal waves...possible pole shift.. major stuff.

I wish you would play Gods advocate for a bit.... Im not up to date on all the geologic news and findings nor the latest historical finds....

I just wonder how much of what YOU know....you could fit with the bible if you tried.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Frasnian-Fammenian

364 million years ago

60% of marine life wiped out. . . .

ARKON:

I believe most of this is from Noahs flood.

:c:

I think she was referring to the fact that marine life was wiped out.

By the way, you do realise what an extinction means in the fossil record right? It means that the fossils for creatures suddenly stop at that level in the fossil record worldwide. For example, up until the Frasnian-Femmenian, Trilobytes were extremely common. Then, suddenly, they don't appear at all. Same with a huge number of other species. There's no gradation, no slow down, no rogue trilobyte in the modern or tertiary - just a dead sudden stop, worldwide.

How can a flood explain this for one creature one time, far less thousands of species 4 times? And how does it explain the extinction of marine lifeforms at all? And how does it explain the non-extinction of fresh-water fish? And come to think of it, how does it explain unconformities in the fossil record? Oh, and how does it explain the fact that the rocks of strata are in chronological (or seeming chronological) order, a flood can't sort for isotope concentrations? And how does it explain that creatures are found in the same order all over the world (other than the clearly ludicrous hydrolic sorting, which can neither explain the order of fossils nor the uniformity of that order)? And how can a flood explain layering of rocks, like in the grand canyon? Oh, and how does a flood explain zoning within layers - for example in several layers of the grand canyon, we find sea creatures in one zone, and land/beach creatures in another?

Actually, how does the flood explain anything at all in modern geology?

Guest arkon

I could explain it. I could sit here and take the time and type it all in..........

only for you to deny it.

So why bother.....you can learn if you want to.... start with ICR.. or how about the missing link?

http://evolution-facts.org/default.htm

That is the one you need to goto.

It shows u why dating methods dont work. Once you wake up to that fact...then you will WANT to search for the truth. Then....only then...can I help you.

If you dont want it, you will never look for it.

You too, will bow to a knee at Chrsts return...even if you dont want to. You too, will proclaim Him the son of God. Even if you dont want to.

You and only you, will have to answer for the lies you tell about God.

Hell is a grim reality.

I could explain it. I could sit here and take the time and type it all in..........

It only takes a good strong right arm to bluff - but it takes substance to call. All the above goes to show is that you have strong enough fingers to use a keyboard - not that you actually can answer my questions.

It's funny though, I do actually come up with substance for your questions, even though you rarely actually read my replies properly, could it be that I've got the aces, and you've got 4 deuce off suit?

That is the one you need to goto.

It shows u why dating methods dont work.

Well, lets see, you've been there right? You've been to this mystical website, and read it right? And therefore, it must have told *you* why dating methods don't work? Right?

So why is it that you've failed, again and again, to explain why they don't work to me? Why is it that I've posted 3 independent threads about radiometric dating and you've still to come up with a single valid and substantial argument against my posts? After all, if this website has explained it all to you, then you should be armed to the teeth with excellent counterarguments? It shouldn't take you a minute to counter my naive posts about radiometric dating, right? So why don't you go and post them on my threads about radiometric dating, and isochron dating?

You too, will bow to a knee at Chrsts return...even if you dont want to

What does that have to do with either flood geology or the age of the earth? Absolutely nothing, that's what. Why don't you stay on subject?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

So why is it that you've failed, again and again, to explain why they don't work to me? Why is it that I've posted 3 independent threads about radiometric dating and you've still to come up with a single valid and substantial argument against my posts? After all, if this website has explained it all to you, then you should be armed to the teeth with excellent counterarguments? It shouldn't take you a minute to counter my naive posts about radiometric dating, right? So why don't you go and post them on my threads about radiometric dating, and isochron dating?

Listen SA. You know you're posting about things that might be over our heads. Maybe we don't have a few years to really study what you are talking about. You didn't want to respond to my link posted because it was 'beneath your level" or something along those lines. Did you think you came to a Christian website to debate with scientists here? Creation Scientists are screaming for public debates with scientiests, but you'd rather come here to debate those who you think don't know better. You're a bully. I'll debate on philisophical terms or on some scientific levels, but don't push the issue, because we don't have time to study in depth. Bullies pick on those who are smaller than themselves to feel better about themselves. (or their beliefs) I suggest you pick on someone your own size and you might be in for a real fight. :t2:

Guest LadyC

honestly i haven't read all of this thread, so someone else may have addressed this. what makes us so convinced that the flood that noah built the ark for was global?

scriptural accounts indicate that all of earth's people had become corrupt. noah found favor with the Lord though, and his family was spared. so yes, i acknowledge that scripture indicates that all the people of earth were to be destroyed in the flood.

now, how many hundreds of years had the earth existed at this point? how likely is it that the entire face of the earth had become populated with human beings? now before anyone says "she's buying into the regional flood theory", let me say that until last night, i'd never even heard of that theory LOL.... but when i did hear it, it made sense to me. because for as long as i can remember, i had wondered how it could have been possible for all of earth to have been inhabited by that point.

there is no fossil evidence of a global flood, right? but there absolutely is evidence that noah's entire region of the earth did experience a flood of biblical purportions during the era in which noah lived.

in the origional post for this topic, the question was asked how every animal on earth could possibly have fit in that ark? well, what if at that time, animals did not yet inhabit the entire earth, and/or not every species (living or extinct) existed at that time? i am a firm believer in creationism, but we all know that species do evolve over time. for example, himalayans (a breed of cats) have only existed for about 75 years! yes, there are more extinct animals now than there are currently in existence, but were they all in existence at the time of the flood?