IGNORED

Stories of Spiritual Warfare

Guest mercy777

Guest mercy777

Prisoners tell stories of spiriual warfare, I expect most are true, we are told is it the devil's play ground. Guess that's why satan hates us Christians messing with the folks there, but God is greater and Jesus sure does love those people in bonds!

Have you ever noticed when you start a good work for the Lord and His Kingdom, the enemy gets active against you?

God bless,

mercy

http://christian-penpals.com

Jesus is in prison, let's visit Him!

Matthew 25:36

Edited by mercy777

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

I wonder how an enemy whose head has been crushed, whose kingdom has been destroyed, over whom Jesus 'truimphed...putting him to an open shame' is able to attack???

With a blessing,

Leonard, a sinner

Guest seeknface38
I wonder how an enemy whose head has been crushed, whose kingdom has been destroyed, over whom Jesus 'truimphed...putting him to an open shame'

1Peter 5:8-9 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9) Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

I wonder... did Peter write this after Jesus crushed the enemy at the cross? Is this not an indication that we're to expect attack, and be ready for it?

Just curious... :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

I wonder how an enemy whose head has been crushed, whose kingdom has been destroyed, over whom Jesus 'truimphed...putting him to an open shame'

1Peter 5:8-9 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9) Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

I wonder... did Peter write this after Jesus crushed the enemy at the cross? Is this not an indication that we're to expect attack, and be ready for it?

Just curious... :t2:

Is this not an indication that we're to expect attack, and be ready for it?

Without a doubt! Paul wrote -

Eph 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Sounds like a pretty good indication ( along with the quote from 1 Peter 5:8 ) that there is a lot of warfare going on in the world, and to expect it.

Not to fear however! For Paul also wrote ( one of my favourite verses ) -

Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[13] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

That is such a comforting passage....nothing can separate us from God for those who are in Christ.

Yes, the devil has been defeated in meaning death no longer has any power over us - ( 1 Corinthians 15:55 - O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? ) and death being our final enemy has been destroyed ( 1 Corinthians 15:26 - The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. ).

Satan is alive and well on the planet Earth folks....don't be deceived, rather pray for a hedge of protection. He's out there looking for someone to devour.

Blessings,

Bob

• Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

You'd be amazed what the devil can do especially if your a new Christian and don't

understand that his power is limited. I know he had a field day with me as some of you may know who read my post Fearing Satan. The good thing is as you grow as a Christian you begin to understand the power of our Lord and that Satan got his

butt kicked a long time ago. Our God is an awesome God. :rolleyes:

God Bless

Jacqueline

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Mercy,

I noticed you have a link for christian pen pals. I've been a christian pen pal for about 1 1/2 yrs now. I've got 4 DR's.

Yes Satan will get you anywhere he can, in jail, while praying, at church, wherever. Sometimes even before you have your first cup of coffee. He is relentless. That's why we are to put the full armor of God on before our feet touch the floor in the morning.

Good day :t2:

bpc

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/13/1972

i am a firm believer that your past is definately your past...................

if you are doing a good work where you are ...............you will get hammered for it.............expect it.............

i know when i am on fire for God ............someone is around trying to trip me up :suspect:

Guest mercy777

Hello!

I am glad we have God's Word to know what to expect and how to handle things,

like we need the whole armor of God.

bpc, that's interesting, I hope you are blessed, as well as your pen pals in the sharing. I have written to quite a few pals, but not any on DR. My heart is heavy now for one I don't know, but is with this CPP ministry, has a pen pal through us, and his execution date is June 24th. He's very young, he must have been a kid when the crime took place. Please pray for Raul. He does know Jesus, thank God for that!

Love,

mercy

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Just curious... :D

Is this not an indication that we're to expect attack, and be ready for it?

Without a doubt! Paul wrote -

Eph 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Sounds like a pretty good indication ( along with the quote from 1 Peter 5:8 ) that there is a lot of warfare going on in the world, and to expect it.

Not to fear however! For Paul also wrote ( one of my favourite verses ) -

Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[13] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

That is such a comforting passage....nothing can separate us from God for those who are in Christ.

Yes, the devil has been defeated in meaning death no longer has any power over us - ( 1 Corinthians 15:55 - O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? ) and death being our final enemy has been destroyed ( 1 Corinthians 15:26 - The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. ).

Satan is alive and well on the planet Earth folks....don't be deceived, rather pray for a hedge of protection. He's out there looking for someone to devour.

Blessings,

Bob

Absolutely!! Satan is a busy body for sure, but as you said, there is no need for fear and we must be in constant prayer for protection and faith to resist his wiles!

Guest Called

Yes, the devil is very active in trying to trip up us believers. For the past year me and my husband have been under an attack with our health and we know it is because we are progressing so rapidly in our new church and moving on with God and growing and reaching souls! The devil gets mad when Christians start living a victorious life! I don't know why he bothers with us, we won't give in and we won't slow down! He is just stupid. :D