• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

On May 30 I was given a probable diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. I have had a CT scan since (results awaited) and then have a further Neurology appointment in August. Obviously I am very shocked but have been trying to remain positive and have also been reading all the literature sent to me.

My problem is my husband - I don't know what to make of him. He hasn't read any of the literature. He says that he has had "a positive feeling in prayer" though he is not sure what that exactly means. He hasn't told anyone of my probable diagnosis as he says it hasn't been confirmed yet even though I was told it was most likely. While I hope he is right with his positive feeling (and he has been right before on less serious issues) it's left me feeling as if I am coping alone with it all but if I say I need more support he makes me feel like I don't have faith. It feels a bit like having a gun to my head but someone saying "don't worry, it won't go off"! I don't know whether he has great faith, or is in denial!

Any thoughts?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

He can be both. One thing though, is that it sounds like he is in denial. It's hard to accept that your soul mate is sick and that they won't be the same person. It is very scary. How will I cope? What will I have to do? Why is this happening? We have been so faithful; how can this be happening to us, now?

Just give him some time. He will open up in his own time. All you can do at this point is to leave the information lying about. Pray for healing. And be as optimistic as possible. He will realize, sooner than later, that this is not about him, but about you.

I speak from experience - I have leukemia and it was so tough on my family to deal with. The Lord is good. Trust in Him. You will be in my prayers. God bless you. :):)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On May 30 I was given a probable diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. I have had a CT scan since (results awaited) and then have a further Neurology appointment in August. Obviously I am very shocked but have been trying to remain positive and have also been reading all the literature sent to me.

My problem is my husband - I don't know what to make of him. He hasn't read any of the literature. He says that he has had "a positive feeling in prayer" though he is not sure what that exactly means. He hasn't told anyone of my probable diagnosis as he says it hasn't been confirmed yet even though I was told it was most likely. While I hope he is right with his positive feeling (and he has been right before on less serious issues) it's left me feeling as if I am coping alone with it all but if I say I need more support he makes me feel like I don't have faith. It feels a bit like having a gun to my head but someone saying "don't worry, it won't go off"! I don't know whether he has great faith, or is in denial!

Any thoughts?

Go with the positive faith. Remember Jesus said if our faith be as a grain of mustard seed, it will move mountains. I know what real faith can do!

God Bless,

Brian

Guest luthercat7

Any thoughts?

Take what your doctors are saying with the utmost seriousness. Follow their advice. Your husband is correct to have a positive attitude. Faith and a good attitude go a long way. However, If your doctors advise a course of action, follow it. But whatever you do, don't let his faith in prayer and blind faith

override legitimate medical advice.

I hope you stay well.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Like others have said - it could be either or both. And it could be that he does have faith and is wanting to avoid stuff that could harm it. The bible tells us that even jesus couldn't do many miracles with lack of faith around. When he raised the little girl from the dead - he put those without faith out of the place before he prayed. And so many times he said to people who were seeking healing - according to your faith, let it be done for you etc. In otherwords, faith is important, and doubt or focusing on the problem can diminish it.

This is not to say of course that you're being 'bad' or displeasing to God or something, for suffering the anxiety from your diagnosis and feeling alone - but it could be that your husband is just trying to keep his faith up for healing. You've mentioned that he has a 'positive feeling' and has been right before. It could be that he feels that God wants to act in this situation and is trying to keep focused on that instead of letting the physical circumstances sap his faith and belief in God to heal.

Who knows - but God is a healer and he loves to heal his people. Your husband is on the right track anyway - regardless. The fact that he's looking to God is a great thing in itself. Just sounds like it's been particularly hard on you in the interim - and been leaving you feeling deserted and unsupported. Am so sorry to hear of your situation. My heart goes out to you and I will add you both to my prayers. :thumbsup:

If it's any comfort - I just got healed of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome about 6 weeks ago when someone prayed for me. I had it for eight years and was largely housebound most of that time. It was a battle to keep my faith up that God would heal me at times - and sometimes I just wanted to be able to vent and be comforted and supported in that. Even to raise doubts. But God knows that. I always chose faith though as my ultimate choice and kept walking. I've seen people get healed of everything from the last stages of cancer to bone alignments, Fibra Myalga, deafness, blindness, crushed vertabrae - you name it. In my life I've seen so many healings and heard so many stories from other christians of stuff that God's healed them of. I currently attend a place called 'the healing rooms' that's specifically set up to pray for people to get healed - and they have folders of pages and pages full of testimonies of people who have been supernaturally healed.

I think it's great that your husband is looking to God, but I'm sorry that he hasn't given you the support that you've needed in this time that's left you feeling alone. Hope things start going up for you soon and the tests come back negative. (But regardless - God's nature never changes and he knows every hair on your head. )

And PS - I don't tend to watch a lot of Todd Bentley - but on one of the services I saw recently, someone got healed from Parkinsons Disease who had had it for many years.

PPS - And I know it might sound extreme - but perhaps a quick trip to florida might be a good thing in your situation, to catch some of the anointing in the florida outpouring where it's currently flowing really strongly. You might already have somebody or an organisation that does healing ministry in your area, but revivals and powerful moves of God are put there for us to take advantage of too.

(I always try to remember ask God to protect me from anything not of him in any ministry that might pray for me (after if I forget before) - but once you've done that, you can only be blessed by any supernatural move of God going down at the time.)

:emot-hug:

Edited by yesult

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

Thank you all so much for your comments and prayers. It's always good to get the wisdom of others and I really appreciate it as well as the love with which it is given.

And Yesult, I certainly would make a trip to Florida if I could but it wouldn't be a quick trip as I am in the UK! You'll just have to waft some of the blessings over the pond to me!

I will of course follow all the doctors' recommendations while looking to God for whatever He chooses to do.