• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,864
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Now maybe you see why I believe that 'stuckinthecistern' would be a better username for you...... :24:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,864
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Here's another Wacky story for you, Buck:

A teenager finds a bat in her bra..........didn't even realize it was there for 5 hours :24:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/7496923.stm

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,980
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  235
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:o:o:o:24::24:

so drinking makes you batty :o

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Now maybe you see why I believe that 'stuckinthecistern' would be a better username for you...... :17:

Ah! Now the "penny has dropped" (excuse the pun. You know: "Put the penny in the slot and wait for it to drop so you can open the toilet door", he he he!)

Anyway, I got the story about the bat before you, so there! :decision:

I posted it last night a split second before I posted the one about "getting stuck in the toilet window".

No, I don't think I've ever actually been stuck in the cistern, but I have climbed in the toilet window a couple of times. I remember when my daughter was two and my son was a few months old and early one rainy morning just after my husband had gone to work my daughter locked me out of the house. I went out the back door to take some peelings to the compost heap and just as I was approaching it to come in again I heard my son crying from the other room and the "click" as my daughter turned the key in the lock of the back door. I could see her through the window and she had dragged the coffee table to the door so that she could stand on it to reach and she had a a bottle of ink and some paper and was busy making handprints and designs on the paper. She didn't want me back in the house as she knew I'd take the ink away from her.

I pleaded with her to open the door, but all she would say was "go and get a ladder". I looked around the house quickly and only window open was the toilet window, it was quite high up and I knew it would be a tight sqeeze, but I had to get in the house. The only ladders were locked in the shed and the only things available to stand on were two wooden stools, so I put one on top of the other and just managed to reach the toilet window. Fortunately I had a coin in my pocket which I could use to undo the screw and open the window to its fullest but still the only way I could get in was head first, I took the chance but found myself sliding head first towards the toilet bowl.

COULD HAVE BEEN EMBARRASSING!!!!

Literally at the last minute I just managed to manoeuvre my leg round to stop myself ending up in the bowl.

Then I could attend to the baby and wash the ink off my daughter's hands.

The next time I climbed through a toilet window was in the flat we had just after coming to this town, it was about 15 minutes to midnight and I had to start work at midnight and my husband had just left to go to another town.

This time the window was a lot bigger and there was a bath and a washing machine in the same room, so no going headlong into the toilet bowl. Ended up on top of the washing machine instead.