IGNORED

Sign of jonas or the ishtar bunny

Ovedya

Guest Waldans Mountain

MATT.12[39] But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and

there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:[40] For as Jonas was three days and three

nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

The Son of man will be 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth

Does good Friday afternoon till  (easter) morning equal 3 days and 3 nights? You can use your fingers if the math is to grevious. ONLY KIDDIN

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I'm sorry.  I don't understand your point.  Do you not believe in the resurrection?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

The Jews considered a part of a day as a whole day, therefore, 72 hours didn't have to elapse in order for this prophecy to be true.  Passover Friday, Saturday, and Sunday equals three days and three nights if you do research according to Biblical times.

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hi God Man

I do believe. But i believe it was as Jesus said it would be.

3 days and 3 nights. Not 2 nights and 1 day as most want to believe.

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hey Martyr

I prefer to believe Jesus. After all HES the one who said it.

Also Jesus knew how many hours in day

JOHN 11  [9] Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.[10] But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no

light in him.

And that leaves 12 for the night

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've seen this being discussed other place (can't recall where).  But there are two explanations.

1) "Three days and three nights" is an expression.  (For instance, when we say "It is raining cats and dogs, we don't mean cats and dogs are falling out of the sky!)

2) If you read the passages, you will see mentioned the "High Sabbath."  My memory is hazy on this, but that had to do with the Passover, that there was a special day or period within the Passover time.  It could be that Jesus was crucified On the day before this High Sabbath which was Thursday or Friday - whatever it works out to.  If that is the case, He was actually crucified on on a Wednesday or Thursday.  Then somehow over time tradition made the day of rememberance to be on Friday (just like Dec. 25 is not really the day Jesus was born, but that is when it began to be celebrated).

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  438
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

WM, I was just giving you a 2,000 year old definition of a day.

There is also the possibility of Maundy Thursday being the day of crucifixion.

No matter what day the crucifixion occurred on, I rejoice that Jesus Christ beat death by rising again.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455

:P    I am most certainly happy that He arose to live that I might live with Him!

But.....I am one who believes in the literal 3 days and 3 nites.

I will search and paste a good study if it's not too long. It has to do with the passover week and more than one sabbath day, and this one being not on saturday. I should memorize this I think.

I have always questioned that teaching about good friday, also I think it originated with the Roman Catholics.

Peace

• This is Worthy 1

Guest Waldans Mountain

hi

MARK 16[1] And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had

bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

These women bought sweet spices after the sabbath was past(the high day passover sabbath)JOHN 19[31]

LUKE 23[56] And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

These same women prepared spices and then rested the sabbath day(Gods 4th commandment)

How could these women prepare spices and rest the sabbath if they didnt buy spices till after the sabbath had past?

There were 2 sabbaths!

JOHN 19 [14] And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews,

Behold your King![15] But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him.

(These 2 scriptures are  proof that the first of these sabbaths was the high passover sabbath)

JOHN 19[31] The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross

on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

The other the weekly sabbath.

Just as Jesus said. 3 days and 3 nights