ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

FLAGSTAFF - Two golfers who sought refuge from a Flagstaff thunderstorm beneath a tree were injured when lightning struck the tree, destroying the Ponderosa pine and then passed through them.

Capt. Bill Morse of the Flagstaff Fire Department says when emergency personnel arrived Tuesday afternoon at the Aspen Hills Golf Course, they found the two men sitting next to their golf cart, conscious but disoriented.

Morse says "neither knew what year it was, but one of them knew their current golf score."

One of the men had obvious lightning entry and exit wounds, and the other had burnt hair and clothing, and one of his shoes had been blown apart.

Both men were taken to the hospital and at last report were in stable condition.

Link

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

Wow :shout:

First time I've heard a lightening golf story without anyone getting seriously hurt.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/30/1953

FLAGSTAFF - Two golfers who sought refuge from a Flagstaff thunderstorm beneath a tree were injured when lightning struck the tree, destroying the Ponderosa pine and then passed through them.

Capt. Bill Morse of the Flagstaff Fire Department says when emergency personnel arrived Tuesday afternoon at the Aspen Hills Golf Course, they found the two men sitting next to their golf cart, conscious but disoriented.

Morse says "neither knew what year it was, but one of them knew their current golf score."

One of the men had obvious lightning entry and exit wounds, and the other had burnt hair and clothing, and one of his shoes had been blown apart.

Both men were taken to the hospital and at last report were in stable condition.

Link

Hi Jade,

I have a friend here who was struck while playing golf under a tree not once but TWICE and survived both times. Pretty lucky I'd say don't you think? I think I would be inclined to give up golf after that LOL

For a desert, we get a lot of lightning. Ive had more than one close call. Ive been near lightning strikes without suffering any effects from it. Those were scary enough. If I were your friend, I definitely would have given up golf. Those golf clubs are nothing more than portable lightning rods as far as Im concerned lol.

I told my husband this story, and coincidentally tonight he sees it on the news. Two trees were struck. One toppled on top of the golfers. One of the golfers was unconscious for 15 minutes. He tells this to the reporter but adds, the worst part is what happened to the other guys golf clubs. They melted. Golfers seem to have a one track mind lol.