• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

We all get that way from time to time. If it is persistent, the two reasons I can think of do not require you to become un-alone as such. One is that you are alone because you do not count yourself, which is one thing I know from your other posts you are trying to work on. You feel invisible in a crowd and therefore alone because you do not believe you have anything to offer the masses and thus are nothing but space. That of course is a lie from the pit of hell, and when you embrace that, you will no longer feel unimportant and invisible. Additionally, when you feel unspecial, and also do not feel the constant presence of God which is so large and encompassing that you would not feel alone if you had a constant awareness of it, it makes it worse I know you are struggling with many spiritual issues as well and these play into what you are feeling.

That, and on a practical level, you have so many cares of this world pressing on you that you believe no one can truly understand so therefore their souls cannot reach you and therefore you are alone. Pain is of course incredibly unique, but it is also so incredibly universal that we all feel it and once this reaches you inside you will know in a soulish place that everyone that passes you by has a story with some hidden pain much like you do. You will feel a part of them even if you never speak.

I will continue to pray for you sister. Hold your candle and kiss the dark. When you do, the fear and emptiness evaporate and you see mystery instead.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

... I know there are people around but I still feel completely alone. I'm trying to hard to not feel this way but nothing is working. ...

Feelings (emotions) come from thoughts. People here who have encouraged you to focus on the Word of God and such things are 100% on the mark. Yet, it takes understanding how you work, how you're broken to be better able to do battle with the greatest two enemies you face: 1) Satan 2) Your own flesh.

Please understand: Without the Mind of Christ in you, all you have is your own mind, with the thoughts it produces. The truth is: Your mind and its thoughts are enslaved to the chemical needs (lusts) of your body (flesh). In this case, your body is using your thoughts to produce emotions that you express as "feeling alone". Your body is using these thoughts and emotions to produce chemicals like dopamine. Your body "gets off" on these chemicals and your mind is a slave to a dope addict body (your own). It is an insidiously vicious and self-delusional circle we ALL walk in without Christ (His Mind IN us).

The first step towards freedom for you is to undestand this "Cycle of Enslavement" you (and I) are in. Yet, seeing the cycle is merely the step to saying, "I have a need." What is your need? What is my need? To have a choice of which thoughts to focus on.

I can focus on my own thoughts. If I am you, then MY thoughts are thoughts of loneliness and perhaps dispair.

I can trade my thoughts for the thoughts of another person who is not lonely. If I do so, I can find some relief. This is what psychology tries to do. Yet, the question remains: Am I free? Am I better off? The answer? NO! I am not free or better off. What I have done is to simply trade one set of enslaved thoughts for another. This also happens in religion, where people "feel" converted -- perhaps they are; perhaps they are not. We can confuse conversion with simple transferrence of one set of enslaved thinking for another set (this is what Jesus means when He says, "You compass the entire world to make one convert and when he's converted, you make him twice the child of hell you are!").

If my own thoughts are enslaved and the thoughts of others are enslaved as well, then where do I find hope?

I find hope in the offering of God, through Christ.

On the one hand, Jesus offers me to put His Spirit (Mind) in me. He offers me His Thinking from His Mind. I now get to choose which body of thought I will rely on: my own -Vs- God's Thoughts. His Thoughts are NOT enslaved to my flesh. His Thoughts offer to me both Life here and now and Life in eternity to come.

On the other hand, Jesus offers me grace, forgiveness and the obliteration of my sin debt, which has been incurred because of me living in and from my flesh by way of my enslaved mind, thoughts, feelings and the resulting words and actions, which are blueprinted from what I think and feel.

Consider the Word of God:

Php 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are right, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think on these things. 9 Do those things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me. And the God of peace shall be with you.

The answer to anxiety is to quit dwelling in the thoughts of your own enslaved mind -BUT- to pick up the Thoughts of God and focus on them. Dwell upon what God Thinks. Meditate. Think. Ponder. Consider. Focus, focus, focus, focus!

Forget your own thoughts of your enslaved mind. What did they get you anyway? If your mind is truly enslaved to your flesh and the thoughts of it are only, ever and always at the behest of the lusts of your flesh, then of what value do you place or find in them? Are not the Thoughts of the Living God higher than your thoughts and His Ways higher than yours? And whose thoughts will not return to God void or worthless; yours or His?

Consider what Paul thinks of his own thinking -Vs- Christ in him:

Php 3:7 But whatever things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Php 3:8 But no, rather, I also count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them to be dung, so that I may win Christ

What was Paul formerly counting as gain that he now counts as loss? ALL his Jewish thinking and thought training (religious schooling). Not only this, but ALL his thinking from ANY source that is human in basis and origin. See it in what he wrote? He says, "But no, rather, I also count ALL things to be loss ..." <-- this is Paul extending the boundary from just "Jewish thought" to "ALL thought". Realize as well how Paul understand that all spoken words and actions are always based on thoughts because thoughts are the blueprint or pattern or basis for all words and actions.

What of Christ is Paul winning? His Mind, His Thoughts, His Spirit (Mind and Person) imparted INTO Paul (us, you, me, we). Ultimately, in the life to come, we will win Christ in person, in the flesh. Now, presently, we have this down-payment -- the Spirit of God, which is to say -- His Thinking made available to us by the work and resurrection of Christ, who offers us grace, forgiveness and the beginnings of a new mind -- to be paid in full in the time to come.

And lest anyone think we "arrive in this life" having the ENTIRE Mind of Christ, listen to the words of Paul on the matter:

Php 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect, but I am pressing on, if I may lay hold of that for which I also was taken hold of by Christ Jesus.

Read and listen inwadly to the Words of Jesus below. The quote is LONG, but do NOT skip over. Read every word. Read carefully and look for something: look to find how you are connected. Connected to God. Connected to the Father. Connected to Christ. Connected to brothers and sisters. Connected to people in Christ, to me, to others here, to people around you in your church and in your life. You are NOT alone. Reach out, dismiss your OWN thoughts and take up His Thoughts and Thinking. In them you are connected. Now -- read slowly, carefully and set aside your thinking for His Thinking (Word):

Joh 14:15 If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, so that He may be with you forever,

Joh 14:17 the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him nor know Him. But you know Him, for He dwells with you and shall be in you.

Joh 17:1 Jesus spoke these words and lifted up His eyes to Heaven and said, Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son so that Your Son also may glorify You,

Joh 17:2 even as You have given Him authority over all flesh so that He should give eternal life to all You have given Him.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Joh 17:4 I have glorified You upon the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.

Joh 17:5 And now Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Joh 17:6 I have revealed Your name to the men whom You gave to Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.

Joh 17:7 Now they have known that all things, whatever You have given Me, are from You.

Joh 17:8 For I have given to them the Words which You gave Me, and they have received them and have known surely that I came out from You. And they have believed that You sent Me.

Joh 17:9 I pray for them. I do not pray for the world, but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

Joh 17:10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I am glorified in them.

Joh 17:11 And now I am in the world no longer, but these are in the world, and I come to You, Holy Father. Keep them in Your name, those whom You have given Me, so that they may be one as We are.

Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those that You have given Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

Joh 17:13 And now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world that they might have My joy fulfilled in them.

Joh 17:14 I have given them Your Word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Joh 17:15 I do not pray for You to take them out of the world, but for You to keep them from the evil.

Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through Your truth. Your Word is truth.

Does any of this say, "Because of Me they'll feel utter alone from time to time!" ??? What is the tone? What is the truth? What does the Word of God say here above? What does God think? What are His Thoughts regarding you in Him, Him in you, we as one and the unity of the Spirit?

Set aside YOUR thoughts -- for -- HIS!!! :-)

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

James 4:8

8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

NKJV

:emot-hug: Luv ya sis

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/29/1954

Have you ever felt completely alone, even in a crowd? That is where I am. I know there are people around but I still feel completely alone. I'm trying to hard to not feel this way but nothing is working. I don't even think words can express how deep this is in me. I don't feel like I belong anywhere.

How do you get to feel un-alone?

Hi angelique

How do you get to feel un-alone? Well, first of all , angelique, if you have given yourself unreservedly to Christ, you are NEVER alone. There is a Friend Who sticks closer than a brother, and Jesus is that Friend. Humanly speaking, the crowd is there for a common reason. They all share common feelings. Comment about one of those common realities (even if it starts with the weather) with the stranger next to you. You may be surprised to find you are not the only one who feels alone, and shares your ideas. If you greet your friends only, what thanks do you have, for heathen greet heathen, but they still don't know Jesus. Love your enemies, greet the stranger, visit those who have no helper. Your experience in life is hardly unique, but being able to cheer someone else will help you, too.

Yours in Christ

soshine

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Have you ever felt completely alone, even in a crowd? That is where I am. I know there are people around but I still feel completely alone. I'm trying to hard to not feel this way but nothing is working. I don't even think words can express how deep this is in me. I don't feel like I belong anywhere.

How do you get to feel un-alone?

Hi angelique

How do you get to feel un-alone? Well, first of all , angelique, if you have given yourself unreservedly to Christ, you are NEVER alone. There is a Friend Who sticks closer than a brother, and Jesus is that Friend. Humanly speaking, the crowd is there for a common reason. They all share common feelings. Comment about one of those common realities (even if it starts with the weather) with the stranger next to you. You may be surprised to find you are not the only one who feels alone, and shares your ideas. If you greet your friends only, what thanks do you have, for heathen greet heathen, but they still don't know Jesus. Love your enemies, greet the stranger, visit those who have no helper. Your experience in life is hardly unique, but being able to cheer someone else will help you, too.

Yours in Christ

soshine

Angelique, :emot-hug:

May I suggest that if your not in a local church, get in one, and find a nich in the church where you will be ministering to others. I know myself if I'm busy helping others for example a church homeless ministery I feel very fulfilled. Check with your church to see what kind of Christian activities are available, and jump in.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Thanks all... There's a lot to process that has been written. I have always felt alone. My therapist says I have something called, "adult attachment disorder" among other things.

:emot-hug:

It just gets old, you know?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

:emot-hug: listen to the solid advice given by others dear freind :noidea: . stay in His Word ( especially Psalms read the Bible out loud). praise- till the dogs howl and maybe even the cats. give thanks for the very breath you have and everything else you can name. :P:emot-hug: there is nothing that He can not heal even adult detachment disorder :emot-hug: you are so loved and prayed for and are never alone as He has promised never to leave or forsake you!

:emot-hug:

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

Thanks all... There's a lot to process that has been written. I have always felt alone. My therapist says I have something called, "adult attachment disorder" among other things.

:P

You know the terrible part of labeling you with a "disorder"? It catagorizes you into a group. Categorization is a form of separation. It disunifies, disunites, pulls apart, classifies, puts you in a group and draws a line and boundary around you that separates you from everyone else NOT in that group.

And what is the source of the boundary? MAN! Did God come down here in the form of Christ and look at people and say, "You have adult attachment disorder. And you there: You have religious leader disorder. And you: You have Roman Soldier disorder." Horsehockey and hooey!

Human beings LOVE to separate, group, build walls and boundaries. We adore disunification and tearing down things that connect us. We get off on classifying each other and pointing out "What's wrong with you!" We get off on it; feed our flesh on it.

Listen to what the Word of God says:

Jas 2:4 Did you not make a difference among yourselves and became judges with evil thoughts?

BINGO!!! When we start saying "You are this, you are that, they are another thing, I am still another" it is based on what? James points it out: EVIL THOUGHTS! What makes thought evil? Because human thought coming from the human mind, which is enslaved to the human body and in service to the lusts of it is the CORE issue with human beings (me, you and even your therapist!).

No, sister. WE ALL have a disorder: Our enslaved mind; enslaved to the lusts of our flesh. What's the cure??? The Mind of Christ and the grace of God. His Mind in us. His mind that is NOT enslaved to ANY human body nor to anything sinful, lustful master. God's Mind, Heart and Thoughts, which are pure, holy, loving, giving, kind, inclusive, one, unified, whole, perfect and so much more. Jesus Christ paved the way for us to enter into this Unity of the Spirit and this is our striving -- to maintain the unity.

It sickens me when HUMAN therapist, psycho-babble psychologist start hanging labels on people; classifying, separating, pulling apart, tearing apart and creating DISUNITY. This is not God.

What is the mind of God? Jesus made one baseline distinction or classification:

Mat 12:30 The one who is not with Me is against Me, and the one who does not gather with Me scatters.

So, dear dear dear sister and fellow-laborer in Christ together with me: Of which part are you? For or Against? Gathering in or Scattering Away? Honestly, my heart towards you and towards ALL people, especially those of faith is to gather us in together; to lay aside our human mind, thoughts, thinking and other tools of our enslavement and take up the Mind, Thoughts and Thinking of God, of Christ, of the Father and of the Spirit, until we ALL COME into the place of being ONE MIND and ONE HEART, where we are NOT ALONE.

What is the truth sister? What is the truth?

Go back to what James wrote. In labeling you with a "disorder", the therapist has done PRECISELY what James was talking about. You've been classified. You're not longer a part of the whole. You're sset apart into another group. Moreover, there is the tone of "down" -- you have a DISORDER! You pariah. You leper! You need to go through life shouting, "Unlean, unclean -- I have adult attachment disorder -- unclean, unclean, unclean." Seems to me Jesus HEALED and made WHOLE. He took what disease and men abhored, made clean and restored!

Men (people) use labels, disorders, classifications to become Judges. Now that you've been "labeled" with a "disorder" don't you even judge yourself? Don't you feel judged? Doesn't the judgement make you feel even worse? More separated? More alone? More away? More disunified? More unwelcome? After all - YOU have a disease!!!! YOU are not like everyone else who DOES NOT have the "disorder" -- you pariah! you unclean one you!!!

Holy smokes folks -- WAKE UP!!!!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/06/1986

Dont let yourself be labelled, its the worst thing that can happen, I was told I had all kinds of attatchment problems and trust issues. Yes I may have some little issues I need to work out but I will not let some title own me, and if I am to face those problems it wont be under the opinion of another but rather with the help and love of The Lord. Walk with the Him and you will never be alone again.

In the Bible, many of Jesus followers felt alone and outcast but they were told to rejoice because of it. Sometimes we are alone for a reason wether it be for a long time or a short one. Perhaps you feel alone because the Lord wants you to talk to him more or maybe I am on the completely wrong track. I have had the same feelings of being alone, in fact being completely outcast on many occasions and I found that in that time I would talk to Him a lot more.

I came to the conclusion that if God is with you and you with Him, you can be lonely..but never alone.

I hope and pray that you feel better. :P

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

:(

:emot-hug: I was alone growing up as a child because I didn't belong. My church had a Phil Keagy concert when I was about 13. The front section was reserved for the youth group, but no one let me sit next to them. My only choices were to find my parents or sit in the aisle. I chose to sit in the aisle. At one point in the concert, Phil Keagy said he wanted to talk about something very important to the Christian community. He said Christians often mistreat each other, and there are often times lone Christians out there fighting the good fight but are dying on the inside because they have been neglected by their own. Then he started singing "Wounded Soldier". As he sang, "Don't let another soldier die", all around me were my peers standing, raising their hands, and nodding in agreement while a child alone in the midst of them sat in the aisle, tears streaming down her face as a piece of her soul died that very moment.

It took me years to heal, and it's still painful to think about, but I spent my teen years and my twenties in a void, never being able to fully feel. For me it took God's wonderful blessing the very instance I was giving birth to my second child. I was reborn early in the morning on the 9th of Av (Jewish D-day) 2004, and I have felt fully and wholly since then. For you, it may not be the birth of a child. It will perhaps be something different or maybe there won't be a singular event. You'll just know that you are now never alone. All I can really say is what everyone else has been saying- stay in the presense of God; He will never forsake you. :emot-hug: