• Birthday:  09/07/1985

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I had heard something similar from the News Hour on PBS. Though they were guick to point out that Obama did get more attention this last week since the anchors decided they needed to tag along with Obama and that is something that is usually only done for presidents. I do think the media outlets are biased and work to promote the owners of their broadcast own agenda namely to make money. But those are my opinions.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Liberal bias in favor of Obama is so obvious that if you don't see it you are deliberately blind.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Liberal bias in favor of Obama is so obvious that if you don't see it you are deliberately blind.

You--or rather, the pundits you listen to--like to pretend all media coverage is good coverage. Now, if you took into account what is actually being said about Obama vs. McCain, then you would know who the media is helping. McCain is lucky he doesn't have that cloud of mosquitos following him.

Btw, kat, I listen to the same talk radio garbage that you do--I just don't fall for it. Every time I turn on the radio, I hear angry rants about Obama the "liberal Messiah" and the hoards of people who are supposedly fawning over him. I've never seen the rightwing noise machine try harder to spin one man's popularity as a bad thing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The media is following Barack everywhere, but they're not saying good things.

McCain is getting lighter coverage, but the media's saying better things.

Btw, kat, I listen to the same talk radio garbage that you do; I just don't fall for it.

Spoken like a champ. :whistling:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You--or rather, the pundits you listen to--like to pretend all media coverage is good coverage. Now, if you took into account what is actually being said about Obama vs. McCain, then you would know who the media is helping. McCain is lucky he doesn't have that cloud of mosquitos following him.

Would you please offer some examples of bad things that are being spoken against Obama?

For even in "critical" articles, I still see summaries and counter-arguments that work to make his apparent bad look good.

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

The disparity in media coverage is blatantly obvious. Those who wish to downplay the situation are simply trying to justify it. Despite the obvious advantage this affords Obama, "leaders" like Pelosi and Reed would like nothing more than to force conservative talk shows to give equal air time to opposing viewpoints. It's clear that they are stacking the deck and they don't care how obvious they are because they can always spin it away. Or can they?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Would you please offer some examples of bad things that are being spoken against Obama?

If I did, that would only be anecdotal evidence...which isn't good evidence. I like the study George Mason did, because it is NOT anecdotal. It shows that, overall, McCain gets more positive press than Obama.

For even in "critical" articles, I still see summaries and counter-arguments that work to make his apparent bad look good.

I've seen McCain get a lot of free passes from the media. Just the other day on CBS, McCain claimed "the surge" was responsible for the "Anbar Awakening" -- which actually began in September, 2006, months before the surge was even announced. That was a huge gaffe. What did CBS do? They cut it out of the interview and edited in a different answer by McCain!

Also, you never hear about McCain's legendary temper or his shady divorce (and subsequent lies about it) in the media. These things are glossed over.