IGNORED

A Fraud ?

Guest smalltownguy

Bob,

I am new on here but not new in life. Life is very hard sometimes, and Satan will constantly try to tempt you. The more that you live your life the way that God wants you too, the more you will be tempted and tested. Following the ways of our Lord was never to be easy, just check out all of those that did follow him and see how there lifes were...lol. In my life, I try my best to follow the teachings and way of our Lord, and when I finally lay my head down at night and begin my prayers I reflect on the day and either thank him for showing me the right way or ask him to guide me on other ways. I think that by posting here, it is Gods way of getting you the correct answers. Stay strong my brother.

Walter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Beautiful Bob,

The Church I go to is standing on the Word.

We have been told that we are perfectly situtated in the woods. That is where Neanderthals need to be. LOL :oww:

I won't go into detail. We have been called self righteous and judgemnetal for standing on a hot bed issue in the world right now. Even in our own Nation.

Are we being hypocritical standing on the Truth of His Mighty Word? NO!

If people don't like my Church? We must be doing something right.

Not out to offend. Only out for the Truth.

Like God-man. I must sometimes self edit. Not for the Word but for my flesh. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. :laugh:

To stand on the Truth of Gods Word. Does not sit well with itching ears.

Of course when it came from Christ people didn't like it either.

2Ch

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Dear Brothers & Sisters,

Thank you all so much for the words of encouragement. It truly is a gift from God to belong to His family and be a part of this fellowship of believers. It certainly was not an "accident" or by "chance" that I found this discussion board...and I'm just happy to have an opportunity to be able to give back to this community as I certainly feel as though I take more than I give. Thank you to everyone!

In His service,

Bob

Guest LadyC

i rarely feel like a fraud anymore, although i do frequently stumble in my walk with Christ, say things i shouldn't, display unholy attitudes, etc. but i repent, pick myself up again and strive to do better.

in my past, though, i felt very much like a fraud. it seemed i stumbled more than i stayed on my feet! i was a youth group leader at my church, (this was several years ago when i was not yet remarried), and i struggled enormously with sexual sin. i finally went to the youth pastor and told him i felt like i needed to be removed from a position of leadership because i was such a fraud.

the most amazing thing.... he didn't ask me to step down. in fact, he told me he was well aware of my struggles, and that he felt that God wanted me to remain in my position for a number of reasons... one being that God wanted me to realize my worth in Him, and the grace in His forgiveness. another reason being that some of the teens in our youth group also struggled with addiction, whether it was sexual addiction or drugs or alcohol or whatever, and that because of my history with addiction THEY could relate to me in ways that they couldn't necessarily relate to the other youth leaders.

maybe you should talk to your pastor about your feelings of fraudulency.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Any time I've given advice on the boards, I have to say it's with a clean conscience. However, I must admit that there are times that I am angered by a poster and I give a response that can be taken wither way leaving the original poster guessing as to my intentions. I try to reason it away but of course I cannot. I try to justify myself and to the world I would be justified but to the Lord I would not. So I am guilty of operating out of the wrong motive at times - usually anger, sometimes revenge which comes from anger.

For those of you who are the recipients of what I spoke of above, I ask that you please forgive me. I truly am sorry for my disguised words and any hurt I may have caused you. I don't want to be like this. I'm sorry.

Thank you Bob for this thread.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Yes Bob i have felt that pain more than once it has brought me to tears on more than one occasion. But the ideals we hold are what we desire to do and what we desire not to do. Being in this woefull human condition we cannot obtain the perfection we want. It is in loving the truth, in striving for good and resisting what is evil we demonstrate our agreement with the will of God. To be spiritually minded is the gift of a Spirit lead conscience. I take great solace from Pauls rightings in Romans 7 and 8 on this very thing.

Bob i would like to express my happiness at your additions to our boards. your hounest attitude is a force of renewing to us all. You stand as a reminder of the right spirit we all need to embrace :hug:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/29/1989

Hey Bob,

I know I have felt like that at times and I am sure I am not alone in saying that.You said you know you are not a fraud so it is the devil telling you that.I think that is one of the main ways that the devil tries to get Christians to turn away form God he gives them doubt.When i begin to feel like this I immediately pray and ask God to keep this doubt out of my life and to give me strength and faith.God Bless!

ur sis in Christ

Chancer

Guest idied2

:huh: No greater healing is being done Than when we speak the word of GOD and hear our own mouth confessing it.

Ro 10:17

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Even if we don't have the humility of spirit to realize that we might be a hypocrite sometimes. The word of GOD is allways a GOOD thing.

Isa 55:11

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Keep on preaching it and giving it as advice. I only see healing comming from it. For you and for us. :P

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: