• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Dear Brothers & Sisters,

Do any of you ever feel like a fraud ? A fake who's not practicing what he preaches ? Sometimes I'll answer a question or make a comment and after reading it several times over, I'll start thinking to myself " Bob, you can be such a hypocrite sometimes" I'll read my advice back sometimes and think " I sure can "talk the talk" but am I "walking the walk" ? It drives me crazy! This is kinda hard to explain, but sometimes I question myself and ask "am I a fraud" ?

Now I know that I'm not, and I do try my best to stay aligned with God's will....but Satan's messin' with my head sometimes ( seems like it at least )

Does any of this make sense or is it time for me to go to bed ? Do any of y'all ever feel like this ? I know where I stand with my God and he knows my heart better than I do; so I trust his guidence....but I was just curious how everyone else feels ( am I alone ? )

I eagerly await your thoughts, ideas, etc. & thanks everyone!!!

In his service,

Bob

Edited by BobTriez

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

yes of course we all have the sinful nature of man, if not we have spirits posting here. Our spirit grapples w/ the flesh constantly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

no

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

We're saved by grace not by what we did. Praise God for that, but Bob as long as I live in this eartly body I will keep sinning, but I'm so very thankful that Jesus will forgive me every time I confess.

Do I think I'm a fraud or fake? Not really because as a child of God you are are His child, will you call your child a fake or fraud?

Satan has no place in your life, next time he comes around tell him you're a child of the heavenly King and all you sins are paid for on the cross, don't even give him a oppurtunity to mess with your mind any longer (You have a renewed mind, the old one is gone)

We all go through the hills and valleys, we live in a fallen world, but God is faithful and able to keep me until the end.

Circumstancis will make sometimes that our feelings are not always the same, but thank God I don't live by feelings but by faith.

Saved by grace: Angels

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

We're saved by grace not by what we did. Praise God for that, but Bob as long as I live in this eartly body I will keep sinning, but I'm so very thankful that Jesus will forgive me every time I confess.

Do I think I'm a fraud or fake? Not really because as a child of God you are are His child, will you call your child a fake or fraud?

Satan has no place in your life, next time he comes around tell him you're a child of the heavenly King and all you sins are paid for on the cross, don't even give him a oppurtunity to mess with your mind any longer (You have a renewed mind, the old one is gone)

We all go through the hills and valleys, we live in a fallen world, but God is faithful and able to keep me until the end.

Circumstancis will make sometimes that our feelings are not always the same, but thank God I don't live by feelings but by faith.

Saved by grace: Angels

That was actually the answer I was looking for. Thanks for your thoughts. I wrote the original question with the intent of making folks think. In light of several threads going on, the general tone I've noticed is people saying "don't judge"....well, we are actually called to judge other Christians in love.

Let's look at God's word -

1 Corinthians 5:1-13

1It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife. 2And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? 3Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. 4When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

6Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? 7Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.

9I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people-- 10not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

Many times Christians may think "I'm being a hypocrite if I say something" or any of the reasons in my original post; but the Bible clearly teaches what we are supposed to do.

I don't think we should ever feel as we're "fake" or "a fraud".....if one is a true Christian, they should be comfortable with discipline within the church.

I'll leave things at that - thoughts ? Comments ?

In His service,

Bob

P.S. Mods Sorry if this is in the wrong forum....please move it if I was wrong to post this here :blink:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Its a fine line though to walk when judgeing someone else....I always keep in mind that I once was in need and had to turn away from my sin....thank goodness I wasn't just judged and then left to flounder. You have to be able to do it in a way that isn't hurtful or demeaning...theres nothing worse then making someone feel stupid or left out so to speak. When someone is doing the things you outlined like in your post....immoral, idol worship, slander etc.... its pretty clear cut what you do you tell them there is a different way a better way and hope they recieve what you are trying to tell them...offer them hope and help...then pray for them that the Holy Spirit will move them.

By the way I would rather get advice from someone whos "been there" and done that....so when you say sometimes people feel like they are a fake or fraud because of the advice they give...I feel experience is a great teacher...and actually sometimes giving someone else good advice and rereading your post...well it can be helpful to you to...it makes you more aware of how you live your life...if you get what I am trying to say.

I'm done :il:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Bob, I believe you are right.

If a person is a real Christian and loves the Lord then that same person should love correction if needed also. But it should be done in love,not with a hypocriticial attitude, the attitude makes the different.

If I was living in sin and a loving person in Christ would tell me that for my best interest he would point me to what he believes its sin, I would consider what he is saying and pray about it.

A person who does live in sin and who does not want to listen to correction is that person really loving the Lord with their whole heart soul and mind or did their heart grow cold for the Lord because of sin?

We all make misstakes, that does not have anything to do with a holier than thou attitude , but it matters what we do when we realize we are wrong.

God knows the heart and we have and we need Him to show us His will for us and sometimes He show it through other Christian who tell us what they believe is right.

Angels

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Brother Bob,

May I say that I have been thoroughly enjoying your posts since you joined? I know exactly how you feel, brother. It's easy to give advice that you don't always follow, isn't it? I do the same thing. I think that it's impossible, really, to practice what you preach 100%. John wrote that if we say that we have no sin the truth is not in us. The fact of the matter is that we do have indwelling sin, and it is really impossible to do the things that we desire in our flesh (Romans 7).

However, there is a deposit within us. Whenever we come to the Lord to be washed in His word we gain a rich deposit of life. Also, we gain a supply of the riches of Christ found in His word. So when we minister life to the saints, and supply them with His word, we are drawing from that supply. The real proof of the pudding is in how our ministered word builds up the saints. If a word of advice is given purely from our flesh the saints will not profit. But if a word of advice is ministered by the Spirit, drawing from that rich deposit within us, then the saints are built up, they are edified by the words of life.

Often times I have to go back and edit - and re-edit some posts because I have had the sense that what I wrote was not from the Spirit, but from my flesh. And even though I believe that some of my posts are purely opinion (Opinions are strictly related to the soul), I would hope that most of my posts help to minister life to the saints for the building up of the Body of Christ.

I keep coming back to the same thought - "In spite of myself." We all need to minister life to the saints in spite of ourselves. That is in spite of our "selves."

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Super thread Mr Bob! And I have to tell you that I had a great big long reply but my hard drive crashed. :rolleyes: So, now, instead of writing it all out again I will simply say, ditto what God-man said! :t2:

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Thank you God man that was very edifying!