IGNORED

Hezbollah & Lebanon: Related to Ezekiel's Magog Prophecy?

Ephesians2-8

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I've not seen any postings, at least recently on speculation that the situation in Lebanon involving Hezbollah might be connected somehow to Ezekiel 38 and 39 and the Magog invasion of Israel. From what I can tell in research, the Magog invasion will come through what is present-day southern Lebanon, where Hezbollah has concentrated much of its 60,000 man militia.

Furthermore, Hezbollah has volunteer fighters coming in from all the allied nations mentioned in Ezekiel's prophecy including Libya, Sudan, Chad, Ethiopia, Algeria, Turkey, Chechnya, and of course Persia/Iran and Iranian Revolutionary Guards, as well as Syrians.

I'm not asserting anything here, just posting what amounts to - a "hummm, interesting." No conclusions here, just raising a potential question, looking for comments and opinions from others. Oh, also - I'm not keen on the idea that Magog's allies include Russia. I never did think Meschech stood for Moscow nor Tubal as standing for Tobalsk. Aside from Gesenius, no prophecy commentators ever considered Russia or the Soviets to be Magog until after WW2. Most all commentators assumed it was Turkey because that is where the Magog tribe lived at the time of Ezekiel according to archaeologists and anthropologists.

Isn't it at least "ironic" concerning the present situation in Lebanon and the Ezekiel prophecies? Your thoughts? Opinions? Comments on this idea? yea or nay.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I've not seen any postings, at least recently on speculation that the situation in Lebanon involving Hezbollah might be connected somehow to Ezekiel 38 and 39 and the Magog invasion of Israel. From what I can tell in research, the Magog invasion will come through what is present-day southern Lebanon, where Hezbollah has concentrated much of its 60,000 man militia.

Furthermore, Hezbollah has volunteer fighters coming in from all the allied nations mentioned in Ezekiel's prophecy including Libya, Sudan, Chad, Ethiopia, Algeria, Turkey, Chechnya, and of course Persia/Iran and Iranian Revolutionary Guards, as well as Syrians.

I'm not asserting anything here, just posting what amounts to - a "hummm, interesting." No conclusions here, just raising a potential question, looking for comments and opinions from others. Oh, also - I'm not keen on the idea that Magog's allies include Russia. I never did think Meschech stood for Moscow nor Tubal as standing for Tobalsk. Aside from Gesenius, no prophecy commentators ever considered Russia or the Soviets to be Magog until after WW2. Most all commentators assumed it was Turkey because that is where the Magog tribe lived at the time of Ezekiel according to archaeologists and anthropologists.

Isn't it at least "ironic" concerning the present situation in Lebanon and the Ezekiel prophecies? Your thoughts? Opinions? Comments on this idea? yea or nay.

Certainly, it is very likely. Lebanon used to have a large Christian population, but that is shrinking. Instead, Hezbollah and the Shiites are growing. In 10-20 years, Lebanon will be very different. So, yes, Ezekiel's mentioning of Lebanon is interesting ... one more Muslim place added to the list.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/31/1960

The invasion of Georgia by Russia should make a person at least think about what Russia is capable of. They are allies and have treaties in place with some of the very countries that you named. They supply technology to countries like Iran. Israel is in the background furnishing advisors to Georgia. It is front page news. And, why do you think that Russia has been dredging one of the sea ports in Syria for their Navy? It is not for their health. These actions are well thought out.