How can I hear God's voice?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If you want to hear God, listen to what He says.

Hebrews 1:1-2. "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son.

In John 1:1-14 we read of Jesus being the word, and all this is saying is that at one time God spoke to the prophets in various way; directly by voice, visions, and dreams. In this present time God talks to us through His word, and that is Jesus.

If you want to know what God has to say to you, it will be through His word. Many times we feel as if we are wandering in a far country as the prodigal son did because we are weak in faith. When you have faith to know you are pleasing God it comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17.

And then in 2 Peter 3:18 we are told to "Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ," and 2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Do all this and you will hear God's voice and know His perfect will for your life. You'll even know what to pray for. :blink:

Even though the scripture is sound, you can not promise this to anyone. Even the Apostles did not always know what to do or what to pray for. Allow me to include ...

Romans 8:26

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes I feel like such a failure as a Christian because I feel that I connect with God less and less these days. I have a particular problem that's bugging me at the moment, and it is affecting me in a very deep way. I have prayed about it, but I just can't seem to hear God's voice about the matter. I want to know what He thinks, whether He approves of it or not. It's not that I don't think He is trying to speak to me, but rather that I think I am closed off and not listening to His voice. How can I open my heart up to Him so that I can hear what He has to say on the matter I'm praying about? I just don't know what to do...

Humble yourself before Him, read the bible, and ask Him to open your hearing. Then be ready in your heart to obey whatever He says.