• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

WoW...a sales person does not sell to one person and tesco becomes satans domain...talk about taking things to the extreme!!!!

I shop at tesco online

I enjoy the odd glass of wine with a meal(aboout once every 6 years so sue me!)

it is not a criminal offence nor is it a sin...

how many of you that railled against the booze smoke...I know at least 1 person...but its way better to be a hypocrite right!!!!

Tesco is a multinational food chain...that happens to sell booze...

all food chains in the uk do...big / small/ inderpendant /franchised...

they have done for about 40 years...and your only just moaning about it...it wouldn't be so bad the yet again this OP misleads with the title....

tesco did not ban any parents...a member of staff made a mistake...WoW...big deal...so what!!!!

FWIW in the UK in a private home a child is allowed 1 small alcaholic drink if the child is over the age of 5.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cymba, i smoke, and i could care less if they sell alcohol or not, which i thought i was clear on so i'm assuming you're directing this at the people who were voicing their opinions on the evils of alcohol.... but some of us (i think you got this but just in case i'll say it anyway) meant that it is better that they quit selling it at all then to pick and choose who they sell it to. from what i gathered in the OP, it has become the store's POLICY not to sell to anyone who has a minor with them, and wasn't just a mistake by a single employee, and has in fact happened in multiple locations to multiple people. that's what is wrong, not whether they do or don't sell it, but whether they sell to some while refusing to sell to others who are of age.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I was the next in line in a supermarket queue and saw this actually take place, it was the funniest thing I had seen in years with this poor woman of about 40 trying to pay for her bottle of wine, but she had a teenage daughter with her of 16, and when asked her age, the cashier would not serve the lady...the arguments went on for 5 minutes until the store manager emerged and sold the wine to the lady to stop the remonstrations. Totally ridiculous...but truly entertaining. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I was the next in line in a supermarket queue and saw this actually take place, it was the funniest thing I had seen in years with this poor woman of about 40 trying to pay for her bottle of wine, but she had a teenage daughter with her of 16, and when asked her age, the cashier would not serve the lady...the arguments went on for 5 minutes until the store manager emerged and sold the wine to the lady to stop the remonstrations. Totally ridiculous...but truly entertaining. :blink:

:emot-dance::laugh: Coming from the UK and doing my weekly shop every week in Tesco I feel entitled to laugh at this fiasco!!!!!! :taped::noidea:

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/08/1960

Irf we keep people from buyin alcohol, what next? I mean who is going to be the next target? The person who enjoys steaks Are they going to have big brother watch over them while they order a steak at Cttle Barron Are we going target peolpe who uy cookie mixes or candy and keep them from buying cookie mixes and candy beacasue sugar is bad for your health? Are we going to tell peplewhat to eat and drink as if we lived with them? TThat is big brother sticking it's nose where it sdoes not belong.

Angelmiss