• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I would tell them not to watch it...

What I mean, if something is evil, simply don't watch it, doesn't matter if your saw it your whole life and because you know it's bad you shouldn't continue watching or doing it.

You would tell your children "Don't watch the "Wizard of Oz", or "A Christmas Carol", they're evil." You would actually say that "The Wizard of Oz" and "A Christmas Carol" are evil! I'm sorry but that's just silly. I don't think you've ever even questioned how evil these movies were until I brought it up. Sunday we should setup polling areas outside of a church and ask "Which of the following do you find evil" it can include Hitler, Harry Potter, Osama Bin Laden, and it must include "The Wizard of Oz" and "A Christmas Carol" then count how many people picked "The Wizard of Oz" or "A Christmas Carol." I bet so many more pick Harry Potter over those two even though they all have the same evil portrayed in them. Ask the priest even, or write a letter to the pope, and anyone who has ever written a book about how anti-christian Harry Potter is. Give them all the same poll and I assure you, very few, if any, will say "The Wizard of Oz" and "A Christmas Carol" are evil

Basically anyone could say, I was not a christian all my life, but since I've spent all of it without being a christian, why should I stop my atheism and start with christianity?

I don't get what you mean by that.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jckduboise

Here's a little story about the imagination. Last night I was getting ready for bed, the TV was on and I heard this talk between 2 guys talking about how great this girls you-know-whats looked and then they started to attack her and she kept telling them to stop..and as I walked into the room I saw that it was kind of like a cartoon but barbie dolls were being used..one guys said kids don't do drugs..then next scene.. Jesus is standing at the table during the last supper and someone throws a tomato and hits Jesus in the head..

Man I wonder who's imagination that was!

See how wonderful the imagination is? This chanel is a kids chanel..makes me wonder about a lot of things..how about you Mr. Dole?

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Well the situation is that if a man FORGOT about the sin he knowingly commited.

Like after stealing (he knew this is wrong), and then forgot about it, but if he was reminded of this sin, he would confess.

How about if you forget though?

Can you pray like 'i confess ALL my sins' and will that cover every sin commited, even the ones forgotten about?

What I mean, if something is evil, simply don't watch it, doesn't matter if your saw it your whole life and because you know it's bad you shouldn't continue watching or doing it.

You would tell your children "Don't watch the "Wizard of Oz", or "A Christmas Carol", they're evil." You would actually say that "The Wizard of Oz" and "A Christmas Carol" are evil! I'm sorry but that's just silly. I don't think you've ever even questioned how evil these movies were until I brought it up. Sunday we should setup polling areas outside of a church and ask "Which of the following do you find evil" it can include Hitler, Harry Potter, Osama Bin Laden, and it must include "The Wizard of Oz" and "A Christmas Carol" then count how many people picked "The Wizard of Oz" or "A Christmas Carol." I bet so many more pick Harry Potter over those two even though they all have the same evil portrayed in them. Ask the priest even, or write a letter to the pope, and anyone who has ever written a book about how anti-christian Harry Potter is. Give them all the same poll and I assure you, very few, if any, will say "The Wizard of Oz" and "A Christmas Carol" are evil

I think I make my point real clear, still don't get it? :emot-hug:

BTW I have thought of this for time, yes I still sometimes watch A christmas carol. But since I thought it was bad I didn't watch it last year, and not gonna this year since it was this year that I thought about it seriusly and how it while not direct evil but was in someway something bad for my mind.

What I ment on the other statement is.

Just because you have done something or watched something all of your life, and then become a christian and found out it was bad things, you can't just say, "Well I watched it all my life before so it really isn't bad for me to watch it"

Hope you understood it this time :blink:

Edited by CellShade

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/18/1965

This is not a post to say whether Yu-gi-oh (or Harry Potter, The Wizard of Oz, A Christmas Carol) is evil or not, but to say that we have real evil all around us. People are spreading AIDS around, people jump into bed with every person they meet, people are murdering, raping, robbing, etc other people every day on the news!! Why worry about fiction when we have so much real evil to worry about!!

Osama Bin Laden wants all people dead except his own, other countries are talking about bombing other countries all the time. What about what's happening in Iraq!!

I could go on and on and on, but I think you get my point. Don't worry about fiction stories, worry about what is really happening out there, because it is a lot worse, and it is REAL.

Edited by GodisTruth

Guest micen2

Wow, ok I'd like to demonstrate something -

The following is a spell, if it's on a forum you visit, demons will come and devour your computer

"lol hahah wow I R 1337"

Oh man demons are so coming to devour our comptuers now.

Hmm how about this -

:whistling:

It's an image of a demon. Notice it's round yellow form, that's what demon's look like, I know because I've seen them!

Yu-Gi-Oh is as satanic as the smileys on this forum, and the cards are as much spells as what I just typed. Why are we trying to destroy imagination here? Did you ever watch the wizard of oz? Should that be banned? There are witches in it, you're inviting satan into your lives by watching that movie! How about A Christmas Carol, aren't ghosts evil? There's 4 of them in that story! Anyway, I wish we could all just see it's not meant to be real, it's just fantasy, there's nothing wrong with fantasy, god gave us our imaginations shouldn't we use them?

P.S. Demons take any form, I dislike when people tell me the music I listen to is satanic, or certain images are demonic, demons and satan don't have a set form, you can't say you know what they look like, or what they'd sound like. They can take the form of your mother if they'd like.

You either are a young kid who collects this cards and play with them, or are straight up atheist.

The fact that you come here and say this in my interpretation sounds like you are just mocking people.

I don't play with the cards, I'm 24 and I've been christian my whole life. Although I am being sarcastic to mock those who think the cards are the images of demons, at least you got that one right :-)

I've seen this card, even played with them and yes they are satanist, the images used, the monsters and how they look, are not ssomething to joke about.

Also you said about christmas carol, just because it has that title it doesn't mean it's christian, it was made by a man, also does it ever says in the Bile about christmas?Nope right? So don't use christmas as an argument since christmas isn't prooven to be christian.

BTW yes most of us watched the Wizard of Oz, does this mean it was good and clean?No.

Please give more depth to your arguments since I am finding them too flat and rather in Hypocryte way.

Wishes and Prayers, Cell.

What exactly is a satanist image? If the platypus never existed, and I drew one, would that be a satanist image? Or does it have to look more evil? What exactly does evil look like? Hitler is evil, but what about a guy that looks like hitler? Is that guy also evil? Can't demons take any form? And if they can, doesn't that mean that it could take the form of Jesus? If it could take the form of Jesus, and you painted the demon (looking just like Jesus) would that then be a satanist image? Would that make all paintings of jesus satanist or just that one? How can you tell which ones were demons then?

The argument with "A Christmas Carol" wasn't christmas, it actually had NOTHING to do with christmas. It had to do with me being 100% certain that no one would ever tell their child "You can't watch "A Christmas Carol" it's a satanic movie." The same thing with Wizard of Oz. I think the hypocricy is in allowing a child to watch a movie with witches, ghosts, and spells, yet the child can't play a simple card game.

Basically anyone could say, I was not a christian all my life, but since I've spent all of it without being a christian, why should I stop my atheism and start with christianity?

The christmas story is a moral tale about a man confronted with his own inner demons- who present themselves conciencewise in dreams of the night.......and subject him conciously to change in the spirit of all that is right in the end..........many christians spend life filled with inner demons...never confronting them.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

This is not a post to say whether Yu-gi-oh (or Harry Potter, The Wizard of Oz, A Christmas Carol) is evil or not, but to say that we have real evil all around us. People are spreading AIDS around, people jump into bed with every person they meet, people are murdering, raping, robbing, etc other people every day on the news!! Why worry about fiction when we have so much real evil to worry about!!

Osama Bin Laden wants all people dead except his own, other countries are talking about bombing other countries all the time. What about what's happening in Iraq!!

I could go on and on and on, but I think you get my point. Don't worry about fiction stories, worry about what is really happening out there, because it is a lot worse, and it is REAL.

Sorry to say this but you are wrong, since this are cartoons that children are watching, and this is the children that will grow up and at one point of another some will have high goverment places and many may end up with corrupted minds cause of this, I'll post a shocking story of something that happened yesterday orlike 3 days ago, just don't feel like posting it right now since I will read the news paper so I can exactly tell you the story as happened, and this story is involving some of our "Imagination cartoons" .

Here's a little story about the imagination. Last night I was getting ready for bed, the TV was on and I heard this talk between 2 guys talking about how great this girls you-know-whats looked and then they started to attack her and she kept telling them to stop..and as I walked into the room I saw that it was kind of like a cartoon but barbie dolls were being used..one guys said kids don't do drugs..then next scene.. Jesus is standing at the table during the last supper and someone throws a tomato and hits Jesus in the head..

The imagination belongs to Seth Green and whoever else works on the show "Robot Chicken", you were watching Adult Swim and the channel is Cartoon Network. It's called Adult Swim for a reason, and it's on late at night for the same reason. I didn't watch that particular episode so I couldn't tell you what the jokes meant. It's usually a parody of something else (a movie, TV show, commercial, book, video game, anything.) Without the entire context of the show the jokes make no sense, why would someone throw a tomato at Jesus? Perhaps it was one of the disciples, then Judas told Jesus who did it, and then the other disciple would say something like "Judas you're such a tattle tale!" which would be funny because we know he is the one who betrayed Jesus. I'm sure that's not the joke I'm just giving an example of how that could be humorous.

See how wonderful the imagination is? This chanel is a kids chanel..makes me wonder about a lot of things..how about you Mr. Dole?

It makes me wonder why you were watching the channel? I watch it because I enjoy it, I find it very humorous. Sometimes they'll have an anime on which I don't watch as much but I'll still keep the channel on (unless it's Neon Genesis Evangelion, I can't stand the dubbing in that anime since it was done so long ago and sounds so bad.) If you don't like it, don't watch it, but don't tell other people what not to watch based on scripture when the scripture says nothing of watching these shows.

I think I make my point real clear, still don't get it? ;)

BTW I have thought of this for time, yes I still sometimes watch A christmas carol. But since I thought it was bad I didn't watch it last year, and not gonna this year since it was this year that I thought about it seriusly and how it while not direct evil but was in someway something bad for my mind.

My argument isn't that "You did such and such once in your life therefore it's ok." It's actually just a question. Do you believe "The Wizard of Oz", "A Christmas Carol", all of the Disney princess movies ("Aladdin", "Cinderella", "Beauty and the Beast"), "Monster's Inc.", "The Lion King", "The Sword in the Stone" are all evil? I just would like one answer, yes or no, I already know why they're considered evil so I don't want an explanation, just a yes or a no. It's a yes or a no to all of the movies not just a certain one.

What I ment on the other statement is.

Just because you have done something or watched something all of your life, and then become a christian and found out it was bad things, you can't just say, "Well I watched it all my life before so it really isn't bad for me to watch it"

Hope you understood it this time :blink:

Well I understand this time, except you still don't seem to understand my argument. It's not about "You've done this so many times before so it's ok to do it again" it's just about drawing the line on when something's evil. I just need an answer to your views on the movies above, either "Yes they're all evil" or "No none of them are evil".

The christmas story is a moral tale about a man confronted with his own inner demons- who present themselves conciencewise in dreams of the night.......and subject him conciously to change in the spirit of all that is right in the end..........many christians spend life filled with inner demons...never confronting them.

In "A Christmas Carol", Mr. Scrooge see's 4 ghosts. Ghosts are not people, And they're not messengers from god, they're demons! These demons show Mr. Scrooge what was wrong with his life in the past and how he can change, and in the end he changes. He never once looks to god for help. In the end of the story he prays to the last demon begging for forgiveness. This story spreads the message "God can not help you, although following demons will lead you on the right path." Just because the life he leads afterwards is a good one, it does not negate the sinful path he took to get to that life.

Sorry to say this but you are wrong, since this are cartoons that children are watching, and this is the children that will grow up and at one point of another some will have high goverment places and many may end up with corrupted minds cause of this, I'll post a shocking story of something that happened yesterday orlike 3 days ago, just don't feel like posting it right now since I will read the news paper so I can exactly tell you the story as happened, and this story is involving some of our "Imagination cartoons" .

I thought this debate was on the level of evil found in these cartoons, not the effects on the psychological well being of the children who grow up watching these cartoons. Weren't the Looney Toons and Merry Melodies cartoons very violent, filled with racial stereotyping, and all kinds of sexual deviance (how many times did Bugs Bunny dress up as a girl to fool Elmer Fudd?) Although, Dick Cheney did shoot that guy in the face while aiming for a quail (a lot like all the times Elmer Fudd ended up shooting Daffy Duck right in the face instead of Bugs Bunny) so perhaps those cartoons did have a huge impact on the children of that generation?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/18/1965

Sorry to be rude, but,

give me a break.

I wonder what fiction Hitler read to become what he became. Are all the gang members in this country reading novels like The Wizard of Oz to make them want o kill each other.

Saying that Dick Cheney accidently shot his friend because he watched looney toons is ridiculous. Why aren't parents taking any responsibility for their children? Why are they so quick to blame cartoons? Blaming cartoons is a cop-out and we all know it, even if we don't realized it.

I remember back in the 70s, the parents were all up in arms about Lassie and Flipper!!

Edited by GodisTruth

Guest jckduboise

The imagination belongs to Seth Green and whoever else works on the show "Robot Chicken", you were watching Adult Swim and the channel is Cartoon Network. It's called Adult Swim for a reason, and it's on late at night for the same reason. I didn't watch that particular episode so I couldn't tell you what the jokes meant. It's usually a parody of something else (a movie, TV show, commercial, book, video game, anything.) Without the entire context of the show the jokes make no sense, why would someone throw a tomato at Jesus? Perhaps it was one of the disciples, then Judas told Jesus who did it, and then the other disciple would say something like "Judas you're such a tattle tale!" which would be funny because we know he is the one who betrayed Jesus. I'm sure that's not the joke I'm just giving an example of how that could be humorous.

(quote) Bob Dole said: It makes me wonder why you were watching the channel? I watch it because I enjoy it, I find it very humorous. Sometimes they'll have an anime on which I don't watch as much but I'll still keep the channel on (unless it's Neon Genesis Evangelion, I can't stand the dubbing in that anime since it was done so long ago and sounds so bad.) If you don't like it, don't watch it, but don't tell other people what not to watch based on scripture when the scripture says nothing of watching these shows. (quote)

Perhaps I didn't explain it clearly, I had turned on the television and went into the bathroom, I was not watching the show only listening. When I came into the room where the TV is I saw what was showing and turned it..I was NOT and never DO watch that channel or garbage such as that. My niece who is 8 had it on that channel earlier in the evening and when she left the room she didn't change it from the channel she had been watching..believe me it was purely accidental that I saw that. And scripture wouldnt' tell us what shows we could and could not watch there was no television..please.

And sir I never told anyone not to watch, I simply warned that giving satan a foothold into our lives in this manner is dangerous. I mean after all, it appears you, yourself have been deceived and look at the rantings and justification you have put forth.

I simply say things because I care. Don't worry sir, I won't bring it up again. You do what ever you want to it makes no difference to me at this point..

God Bless, Mr. Dole

Saying that Dick Cheney accidently shot his friend because he watched looney toons is ridiculous.

Errr, that was meant as sarcasim, people today don't seem to get their cartoons were violent, filled with hate, and very sexual for the time yet they all turned out fine, so what's wrong with today's cartoons? And I have nothing against the wizard of oz I'm just saying if you're going to stop your children from reading harry potter for wizardy and witchcraft why not stop them from reading a book where even the name has evil in it. There's a good witch and a bad witch, all the stuff people dislike from harry potter that's so "evil"