IGNORED

How are you living for God if you have not died?

Guest compasskid

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

WOW!!! YOU SHOULD BE PREACHING SOMEWHERE!!!! I mean it. How old are you? I ask because your name has "kid" in it but you certainly don't speak like one. You sound like my dad, who is a pastor, but with more conviction. You tell it like it is and I love that approach - I wish more would follow. This post of yours actually is like a pep talk. Now I feel like "bring it on Satan" and I'll defeat you by obeying God. :laugh:

Wonderful, just wonderful!!! :hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Obedience is actually a work of a Biblically-defined saving faith:

Romans 1:5

Through Him and for His name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith.

We are not to associate with people who claim to be Christians yet are living in sin:

1 Corinthians 5:11, 13

But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or swindler.  With such a person do not even eat...God will judge those outside [the church]. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

Ephesians 5:5-7

For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person

OOPS!!! I forgot I changed my signature!!!

Sorry about that! Here is the passage:

Titus 2:11-14

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good works.

Sorry about the KJV here:

1 Peter 1:14-16

As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

We were created to be just like God, holy and righteous.

Ephesians 4:20-24

You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds, and to put on the new self, created to be like God, in true righteousness and holiness.

We can do it, but we must change the way we think.

Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world any longer, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Guest Calamity
The churches have taught you that the blood of Jesus Christ will cover your sin. In other words, you remain in sin till death but the blood of Jesus Christ is God

Guest compasskid

Boldly,

Thank you sis for your kind words :cool: We must give all the glory and honor to our Father. Amen? AMEN! So you see I'm not a good preacher... But the Lord is! I'm just a vessel created by Him and so are you :t: We all have gifts and those that are called by God will exercise those gifts to be used by Him. The parts of our bodies will no longer bear fruit of death and sin but the Lord will use the parts of our bodies to bear fruit of righteousness and life. This can only happen when we first unite with our Lord Christ Jesus in His death. Then unite with Him in His life. When the children of God do this we become part of the Church. The true church of God; God's children. We are the holy ones chosen by God and He dwells within us. My gifts are needed to help and build up the church and your gifts are needed to help and build up the church. We have the same Spirit that makes us one. We move in unity working together. So you see no one is greater than the other. We are all equal in God. So I say the things I say with a humble spirit recognizing that it is not me working but the Lord within me. Amen? AMEN! Thank you sis :cool: and God bless ya :t2:

dimeministries,

Thank you for all the good words you brought up! They are all very good and are words of life and light! They could have only been inspired by the Lord, no? Yes. They are very good words and I thank you again for bringing them up :P

But ask yourself... How do these things come to pass with me? Open your heart and call on the Lord. If you are sincere He will show you truth and the truth will set you free. Thank you bro :P

Guest compasskid

Calamity,

My heart breaks and the same time I feel the Lord's pain. Please don't take scripture out of context and twist them so you can live how you want. Maybe someday we can just put all things aside and be honest with each other. Please I urge you the read the surrounding text of all the scriptures you have just brought up. They are intended to show that we sin and that we need the Lord to set us free from it. Much love and God bless

Guest Calamity

And my heart breaks for someone who believes we can live a sinless life while in this flesh body. Jesus was the only one who ever did, or ever will do that.

Guest compasskid

Do not put words in my mouth Calamity. Do not slander what I have said, rather, what the Lord has to say. I will not partake in silly debates. But I have one more warning for you. I have the same intention as these scriptures below:

But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

1 John 3:5-6

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin-- because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

Romans 6:1-7

You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you...

Romans 8:9

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers...

Romans 8:29

We could go on and on with scripture fighting Calamity. But only the Lord can show you truth. If you open yourself up to Him, He will show you. That is why we must not rely on scripture to save us but Him to save us. Much love and God bless

And my heart breaks for someone who believes we can live a sinless life while in this flesh body. Jesus was the only one who ever did, or ever will do that.

I would love to discuss the topic "Can a Christian live a holy life" a bit further and see what the Bible says about it.

Maybe I will open up a thread in the General Discussion forum and see what happens.

Calamity, would you post in there?