• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:24:

well, i gotta agree with axxman on this one. it's not the fault of the police, or the politicians, or the dna. it's the fault of two people... a woman who falsely accused, and a man who chose to end his own life. in fact, he's really the only one to blame, and while what the woman did was dispicable, and we can blame her for all sorts of things, she's not responsible for what the man decided to do. we all have choices to make in life. ending it all IS a choice, and in the end, the guy who killed himself is ultimately the one responsible for having done it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

One again...blame the police instead of the real culprit. Why don't you blame the woman who started this ball rolling in the first place. This guy was obviously having personal issues. Being 41 yrs old still living with his mother and being traumatized over a DNA sample...just doesn't sound like a rational responsible person to me. Normal people don't kill themselves over a cotton swab in the mouth.

Wow. That's uncharitable. There is nothing wrong with living with one's mother, is there? Nor is there defect in possessing a sensitive nature.he man was traumatized for being falsely accused for a filthy act. You bet it did a number on him. Poor fellow had nowhere to turn...that is the shame of it. Meanwhile, that silly woman goes about her silly life, unscathed. surely hope that the police inform her what she has caused.|I

Whats uncharitable is that everytime something doesn't go well for somebody...people look to pass the blame instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. Its the gov't fault...its the police's fault...its everybody's fault except for the weak-willed man who actually killed himself. Big deal he got accused of something he didn't do...get over it. He wasn't charged...he was let go and not ONE bad thing happened to him.

BTW...I agree (and have already stated) that the woman deserves blame...if this story is to be believed. It is decidely one-sided.

What do you mean, "big deal"? We are our brother's keeper. When we crush someone's spirit, no matter how strong or weak it is, we are responsible. God will account it to her. Her sin against the man started the downhill spiral to his death.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

Axxman you're getting paranoid about this sort of thing. Did anyone say that they were blaming the police? I blame the stupid, out of touch with reality, politicians who thought of the silly idea of taking the DNA of innocent people and retaining it on a national database for ever, also the top police officers (most of whom, rumour has it, have never been "out on the streets" themselves) for lobbying for, or agreeing to this dumb idea.

Also, you are assuming a lot by saying "being 41 and still living with his mother". We do not know the circumstances, maybe his mother is a sickly widow who moved in with him for support. Although the article indicates that he lives in the same house as his mother, there could be many different reasons for this.

And as to another of your remarks: I think I'd be pretty "traumatised by a DNA sample" if it was me in this position too. Do you realise that this also labels him as a "sex offender", and if you're obviously not but you know that a PNC check will bring up the information that you are a sex offender, yeah, that is pretty traumatising too.

It is rather more than "a cotton swab in the mouth". I think if someone tried to put a cotton swab in my mouth against my will, they would end up with it somewhere in their anatomy where they didn't want it. I think the time is long past where we just "roll over and take" these things and then complain about it later, we have to fight back.

Also some responsibility must lay with the police officer who insisted on arresting Mr Chong under these circumstances, on a complaint from a "problem complainer". Surely common sense can come in somewhere.

He was not on the Sex Offender's Register. He was not charged with a criminal offence. He did not have a criminal record. A CRB check would not have revealed his arrest except in the case of a full disclosure check - which would have been explained away when the persons applying for the check were told the man was wrongfully arrested.

Instead of killing himself, this man should have sued for compensation and had his DNA removed from the register. In today's PC Britain that would have been a doddle.

Tell me, Buck, what is your problem with the very concept of law enforcement? Are you just an anarchist?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

What do you mean, "big deal"? We are our brother's keeper. When we crush someone's spirit, no matter how strong or weak it is, we are responsible. God will account it to her. Her sin against the man started the downhill spiral to his death.

I meant..."Big Deal"...so he got accused of something he didn't do. That happens to people all the time...all over the world. Heck, it happens to me about once a month. The guy's mother wants us to believe that he freaked out over something so insignificant...but yet he took is own life. Thats not normal, IMO. I'd be willing to bet that there were other extenuating circumstances that were far more compelling reasons for this guy's actions rather than having a DNA test done.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I meant..."Big Deal"...so he got accused of something he didn't do. That happens to people all the time...all over the world. Heck, it happens to me about once a month. The guy's mother wants us to believe that he freaked out over something so insignificant...but yet he took is own life. Thats not normal, IMO. I'd be willing to bet that there were other extenuating circumstances that were far more compelling reasons for this guy's actions rather than having a DNA test done.

The man was sensitive and ignorant of civil law. His weakness led to him despairing. Yes, he wasn't strong enough to bear up under that stress. yes, it isn't normal. However when one sins against another human being, one takes a great risk in the outcome and how it hinges on that transgression. That woman will bear the consequence for starting the ball of events rolling. Everyone in the chain, including himself, contributed to this man's torment and eventual suicide.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

The man was sensitive and ignorant of civil law. His weakness led to him despairing. Yes, he wasn't strong enough to bear up under that stress. yes, it isn't normal. However when one sins against another human being, one takes a great risk in the outcome and how it hinges on that transgression. That woman will bear the consequence for starting the ball of events rolling. Everyone in the chain, including himself, contributed to this man's torment and eventual suicide.

Hey I got no problem casting blame on the woman IF she did what is alleged. They can arrest her, put her in jail, and take her DNA. However, you can't blame the police for doing their jobs.

:emot-hug:

:emot-handshake:

Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. Psalms 27:7-9

:blink: