IGNORED

Sinlessness

Khristeeanos

Is it possible to live a sinless life while on earth?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible to live a sinless life while on earth?

• Yes
    • No

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

keslc

It was a joke and I was not trying to put anyone down. I am married to shadow and I am not at home. I love how Calamity uses the right scripture all the time. ICPguy and I talk on the phone sometimes when he and Gary are talking and I failed to mention him. I see SBG has gotten on this thread now and he is a real honey. I admire Eric greatly because he says exactly what he means. I just wanted to say

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Shelby and Called! :hug: :blink:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Okay,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Amen, Brother Wayne!

t.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I think people are interpreting our desire to really get to know what another really thinks as an attack on that person. It is not an attack on that person it is mearly a desire to get that person to express their thoughts as clearly as possible to come to an understanding on what that person thinks. Only then can we reply.

From what i have read kelsc and called do not believe that they can live a sinless life while in the flesh on earth. But the fact remains that 20% of the people who voted have voted that it is possible to live a sinless life in the flesh on earth.

I would just like to add that when one thinks of sinning then they have sinned. When someone looks at something and thinks of stealing it and resists the urge to steel then they have still sinned, because the thought is equal to the deed. Evil thoughts are sins they are the same as evil deeds. Jesus said this when He talked of adultery.

Matthew 5:28

But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

I would just like to add that when one thinks of sinning then they have sinned. When someone looks at something and thinks of stealing it and resists the urge to steel then they have still sinned, because the thought is equal to the deed. Evil thoughts are sins they are the same as evil deeds.

I'm not so sure I agree 100 % with you here....Jesus was tempted, yet that didn't mean He sinned. I don't think we will be held accountable for our temptations ( hold that thought )

As far a adultery is concerned, lusting is past the point of temptation. The Bible speaks a lot on sexual sins in the New Testament...why ?

1 Corinthians 6:18-20

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not so sure I agree 100 % with you here....Jesus was tempted, yet that didn't mean He sinned. I don't think we will be held accountable for our temptations

The scriptures say that he was lead by the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by satan. Does it say he was actually tempted? It says that satan tempted Him with food and Jesus was hungry, but does it say that Jesus ever though for a moment of turning the stones into bread? It is one thing to say that satan attempted to tempt Jesus but quite another that Jesus actually thought for a moment to give into satans attempts.

James 1:13

Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.

Now, back to by original thought, while I do not believe we'll be held accountable for our temptations, I do believe we'll be accountable for both how we handled the temptation and why we got to temptation in the first place. I think a lot of times Christians will purposely see how close to the fire they can get before they get burn....this is not only stupid, but very dangerous. The verse above didn't say "don't fornicate", it says Flee fornication...run, as fast as you can!

If one believes in the grace of the Messiah Jesus then why would one be held accountable for their temptations?

If the blood of The Messiah covers one for sins then why would it not cover one for ones sinful thoughts?

If one desires to do evil and seeks to get as close to the "fire" as possible then does that one have the right Spirit?

The thought i have is. If one has the Spirit, then one will flee temptation. That does not mean that they will not be tempted. But once tempted they will find some way to flee that situation and stop their evil thoughts becoming evil actions.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

From what i have read kelsc and called do not believe that they can live a sinless life while in the flesh on earth. But the fact remains that 20% of the people who voted have voted that it is possible to live a sinless life in the flesh on earth.

Adstar, Thanks! :blink: I am not sure who that 20% is, but I didn't vote yes (actually, I couldn't vote because I looked at the results before I voted, lol! but it would have been no)

I think people are interpreting our desire to really get to know what another really thinks as an attack on that person. It is not an attack on that person it is mearly a desire to get that person to express their thoughts as clearly as possible to come to an understanding on what that person thinks. Only then can we reply.

Also, I understand what you are saying here, and I admit I can take things too personally sometimes (I am trying to work on that!) but I specifically was accused of being a liar by Shadow. I take that as a personal attack because it simply wasn't true. I even went back and reread all of my posts from the beginning. I admit I wasn't terribly clear, but in reading each of my statements that were pulled out of context in their appropriate context (and then in further explanation) I was consistent in what I said. I never had any intention of decieving people or playing games or anything like that. If people are confused by something I said or feel I was contradictory in something, I don't have a problem with them asking me to clarify (as Calamity did) that's one thing, it's another to call people a liar.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

The scriptures say that he was lead by the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by satan. Does it say he was actually tempted?

Yes, it does....

Hebrews 4:15

15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are