IGNORED

Sinlessness

Khristeeanos

Is it possible to live a sinless life while on earth?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible to live a sinless life while on earth?

• Yes
    • No

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Why is this even being debated, discussed? Sheesh! What an absurd thread!!!

Brother John,

Please forgive me for disagreeing. I just believe that one of the most misunderstood doctrines in the Christian Church today is that of sin and temptation. People struggle to understand in view of their own circumstance. I think this discussion has been healthy and productive for the most part and I applaud the manner in which the topic has been discussed, especially these last few pages. Of course, that is just my opinion. :laugh:

Calamity

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

My comments were addressed to the 20% who claim to have achieved a complete state of sinlessness, which is not possible as long as we walk in this corruptible flesh upon the earth.

The original question was, "Is it possible to live a sinless life while on earth?"

Guest lordsportion
That can't be...a merciful God doesn't punish little ones who have no knowledge or understanding of their own actions or behaviors.

Eze 9:6

Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were before the temple.

Ho 13:16

Samaria is held guilty, For she has rebelled against her God. They shall fall by the sword, Their infants shall be dashed in pieces, And their women with child ripped open.

Re 2:23

I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Hosea 9:

16 Ephraim is stricken, Their root is dried up; They shall bear no fruit. Yes, were they to bear children, I would kill the darlings of their womb."

17 My God will cast them away, Because they did not obey Him; And they shall be wanderers among the nations.

1 Samuel 15:

2 Thus says the Lord of hosts: 'I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt.

3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'

Deuteronomy 32:

25 The sword shall destroy outside; There shall be terror within For the young man and virgin, The nursing child with the man of gray hairs.

39 'Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.

Deuteronomy 32:9 For the Lord's portion is His people; :hug:

Guest Calamity

Cats, I understood what you meant by your answer. However, I don't think that's what the other 10 meant. It has gone from 9 to 11 now! :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

lordsportion: I've never seen anyone so adept at taking scriptures horribly out of context...which you do with expertise.

You are clearly insinuating that God sends infants and the totally incompetant to hell to suffer for all eternity.

Clearly, we don't worship the same God...you worship someone else.

The God I know through the blood of Jesus Christ is abundant in mercy and rich in compassion.

You cleverly dance around the verses I quote and fail to address those but manage to dig up verses from the OT...quite possibly because you fail to understand the One True God...and His infinite love for mankind, which He loves.

Your posts consistently speak of dashing infants against rocks and the witnesses who will do aweful things to people...

You think maybe "you're one of those witnesses"? Hm? Do you have some delusion about such things?

Maybe you forgot the verses of the bible which speak clearly of FALSE PROPHETS and FALSE TEACHERS who speak with such authority, as if they know so much but in reality are a farce.

2 Peter 3:14-16 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation--as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

I hope I've made my point....

Guest LCPGUY
Brother John,

Please forgive me for disagreeing. I just believe that one of the most misunderstood doctrines in the Christian Church today is that of sin and temptation. People struggle to understand in view of their own circumstance. I think this discussion has been healthy and productive for the most part and I applaud the manner in which the topic has been discussed, especially these last few pages. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Yeah Bro Wayne,

I guess you're right. I just never ever thought this subject was an issue 'tll this thread started. Guess I was wrong, again!!!

Thanx for showing me another viewpoint, your viewpoint!

Love you Bro,

John

Guest dove2
Yes, SBG, she's my grandchild. The first! She was born Thursday.

Calamity, Elizabeth Rose is beautiful. I know you are a proud grandmother.

Wayne: Thanks I will PM River.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

lordsportion: I've never seen anyone so adept at taking scriptures horribly out of context...which you do with expertise.

You are clearly insinuating that God sends infants and the totally incompetant to hell to suffer for all eternity.

Clearly, we don't worship the same God...you worship someone else.

The God I know through the blood of Jesus Christ is abundant in mercy and rich in compassion.

You cleverly dance around the verses I quote and fail to address those but manage to dig up verses from the OT...quite possibly because you fail to understand the One True God...and His infinite love for mankind, which He loves.

Your posts consistently speak of dashing infants against rocks and the witnesses who will do aweful things to people...

You think maybe "you're one of those witnesses"? Hm? Do you have some delusion about such things?

Maybe you forgot the verses of the bible which speak clearly of FALSE PROPHETS and FALSE TEACHERS who speak with such authority, as if they know so much but in reality are a farce.

2 Peter 3:14-16 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation--as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

I hope I've made my point....

You go girl!! There is NO way our God would keep an infant or mentally Challenged person out of Heaven!

It is highly revealing that in all the descriptions of hell in the Bible we never read of infants or little children there. Only adults capable of making decisions are seen there. Nor do we read of infants and little children standing before the Great White Throne judgment, which is the judgment of the wicked dead and the pre-cursor to the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:11-15). The complete silence of Scripture regarding the presence of infants in eternal torment militates against their being there.

As we examine instances in which Christ encountered children during His earthy ministry, it would seem that children have a special place in His Kingdom. Jesus even said, "Unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3). He also said, "Whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me" (Verse 5). I don't think there is any way someone could read through Matthew 18 and conclude that it is within the realm of possibility that Jesus could damn such little ones to hell!

Another consideration that points to the asurance of infant salvation relates to the basis of the judgment of the lost. We read in Relelation 20:11-13 that the lost are judged: "according to what they have done".The basis of the judgment of the wicked is clearly deeds done while on earth. Infants cannot possibly be the objects of this judgment because they are not responsible for their deeds. Such a judgment against infants would be a travesty. These and other scriptural factors make it clear that babies and young children go straight to heaven at the moment of death.

Only in His Name

Marilyn