• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Okay so some of you know that I'm a social worker. You might also know that I live and work on a native reserve (and yes, it's a native-run agency, which means native culture and traditions is 'somewhat' expected of its workers). Of course I don't participate in those traditions (when I have to be present I take that time to pray for those around me). But at times it can be very trying to be one of the only christians in an agency of over 400 people.

Anyways, a lot of times I am tearing out my hair with frustration and sadness for those I work with. I pray a lot, but having a couple of sheets of encouraging scripture right in front of me at all times would be really helpful. So I could spend a week searching through the bible, or I could ask my fellow worthyboardians for some assistance!!?? Any encouraging scripture that's helped you through tough times in the past?

I appreciate all responses!

Love you guys!!

:wub:

:noidea:

:wub:

Trust Jesus

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

And Trust Jesus

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

And Trust Jesus

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:12

And Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of THE KING OF KINGS

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

:noidea:

:laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

Here is a few for you:

:wub::noidea:

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:6

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  9,284
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

ok hope its not to many but you can pick the ones you want..... 2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

1Jn 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

1Jn 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Isa 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Rom 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mat 17:21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

c

Luk 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.Luk 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

t

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the

wicked.

Joh 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Job 42:2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withheld from thee.

Job 42:3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

Psa 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Psa 139:24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you

Job 28:15 It cannot be gotten for gold, neither shall silver be weighed for the price thereof.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Isa 10:13 For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:

Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Ecc 7:26 And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Ecc 7:17 Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?

Ecc 7:18 It is good that thou shouldest take hold of this; yea, also from this withdraw not thine hand: for he that feareth God shall come forth of them all.

ecclesiastes

c

Ecc 7:19 Wisdom strengtheneth the wise more than ten mighty men which are in the city.Ecc 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Pro 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. Pro 6:24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Mat 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 3:11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

Pro 3:12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Pro 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.Pro 3:14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.

Pro 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

Pro 4:6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

Pro 4:10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.

Pro 4:11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.

Pro 4:12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.

Pro 4:13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

Pro 4:14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.

Pro 4:15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.

Pro 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

Pro 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

Pro 5:1 My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:

Pro 5:2 That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.

Pro 5:3 For the lips of a strange woman drop as a honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:

Pro 7:26 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.

Pro 8:11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Pro 4:26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established

Ecc 7:25 I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness:

Ecc 7:8 Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

Eze 20:44 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Ecc 7:14 In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him.

Ecc 8:1 Who is as the wise man? and who knoweth the interpretation of a thing? a man's wisdom maketh his face to shine, and the boldness of his face shall be changed.

Deu 4:31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he swore unto them. Jos 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Deu 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Deu 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jos 23:10 One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.

Jdg 18:10 When ye go, ye shall come unto a people secure, and to a large land: for God hath given it into your hands; a place where there is no want of any thing that is in the earth.

1Sa 2:3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogance come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

2Sa 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

Psa 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Psa 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Psa 108:1 A Song or Psalm of David. O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Pro 8:19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

Pro 8:34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Pro 11:27 He that diligently seeketh good procureth favor: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.

Pro 3:17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.I have opened an account 4u @ the bank of God's blessings & trust in the name of the holy ghost.I deposited a lifetime of God's love in the checking account & a life time of grace and mercy in the savings.There's no monthly charges, it's been paid in full with the blood of JesusRom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.

Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Pro 6:18 A heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

1Pe 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

1Pe 2:18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.

c

2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Jer 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.Isa c

Isa 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Isa 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

John 15:5 that apart from Him we can do nothing.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.

Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Luk 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Job 38:36 Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart? Pro 8:35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD.

Job 38:37 Who can number the clouds in wisdom? or who can stay the bottles of heaven,

Pro 11:12 He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbor: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Pro 6:24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.

Pro 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. Psa 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Psa 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Mar 1:7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.

Mar 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I thought of this one:

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Umm... I was actually thinking of the first part; didn't remember that part about the heathen in the second part. Hope that doesn't offend.

Any encouraging scripture that's helped you through tough times in the past?

For me, it's just the thought of knowing God is there on a continual basis. He never leaves........ever.

I live in a world where 99.9% of everyone I know is a non-believer. I can't let that fact get me down. My encouragment is knowing that God is always there and that I always have His ear.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me,..."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

John 16:33 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain

33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Thanks everyone for the replies! Very helpful!