Rick-Parker

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry Celt,Between you and Scofield, I choose to believe that Scofield had done his homework.

Well, that would mean you agree with those separation doctrines which a group of men back in the 1800's started preaching; doctrines like Christ's Body is separated between believing Israel and believing Gentiles; false ideas like the Israelite Church goes through the tribulation but the Gentile is raptured out before the tribulation. What's strange is that those type of ideas are not written in God's Word, and especially not by the apostle Paul...

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him.

(KJV)

Gal 3:28-29

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

(KJV)

I'm not Jewish and I realize the difference between how some men try to establish a separate Church of the Gentiles apart and away from Israel. Such a separation is not written in God's Word, for all believers are of the one Body of Christ in the original Promise from God that first went to Israel. Men can try all they want to create a division, but Paul certainly didn't preach any such thing, for all believers on The Savior Jesus Christ, whether Jew or Gentile, are of the same Body.

Eph 2:11-13

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

(KJV)

Paul isn't saying to the Gentiles that they have become a separate Body unto themselves in Christ. He says when Gentiles were without Christ they were "aliens from the commonwealth of Israel", and "strangers from the covenants of promise". For a Gentile to be in Christ per Paul, it means they now have become part of the commonwealth of Israel, and no longer strangers to the covenants of promise that were first given to Israel. That means Gentile augmentation into Israel per the covenants of promise per God's Plan of Salvation.

Gal 6:15-16

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

(KJV)

Heb 8:10-13

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know Me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that He saith, A new covenant, He hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.(KJV)

Christ Jesus is the New Covenant sent to Israel, and then to all whom would believe on Him. The Old Covenant is no more.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/21/1959

Well, that would mean you agree with those separation doctrines which a group of men back in the 1800's started preaching; doctrines like Christ's Body is separated between believing Israel and believing Gentiles; false ideas like the Israelite Church goes through the tribulation but the Gentile is raptured out before the tribulation. What's strange is that those type of ideas are not written in God's Word, and especially not by the apostle Paul...

No that is not what I mean. What I mean is that while we live in the age of grace, where there are no distinctions between Jew or Gentiles, I still believe that God is going to fulfill His promises dealing with the nation Israel here in the last days.

Read what was told Ezekiel; "Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. 18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it: 19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them. 20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land. 21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.

" (Eze. 36:16-21)

But take a look at the next few verses and you'll see why God is going to restore the same national Israel (and not a spiritual Israel). Keep in mind that throughout the Jewish history they had been dispersed or occupied by a world power until 1948; "Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

"There is a view among some Christians that the Church was never foreseen by the prophets of Israel. Those who teach this view claim that since Paul called the Church a mystery that was not made known to men in other generations (Ephes. 3:2-6) there couldn't have been any prophecy about it, since prophecy is the opposite of mystery." Jack Kelley Read the article

Addressing the Article only -

Ephesians 3:2-6

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

As Paul said, though Brother Kelly shows that hints of this happening, it was not revealed and remained a mystery until given by Paul.

Another verse not brought out by Brother Kelly is in Colossians 1:25-26. "Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

Now though these different things were hinted at, they were hidden to their understanding in the Old Testament until God had Paul tell us these things and complete the word of God in the New Testament. Even the disciples weren't looking for this to happen; they expected the kingdom to be set up right away.

No that is not what I mean. What I mean is that while we live in the age of grace, where there are no distinctions between Jew or Gentiles, I still believe that God is going to fulfill His promises dealing with the nation Israel here in the last days.

So there is a distinction still between Israel and Christ's Church? One needs to make up their mind on that, either Christ's Church includes believing Israel or it doesn't. From my Bible study, God's Israel, believing Israel, is Christ's Church. The problem is though, quite a few believers have a difficult time finding where those Promises originally to Israel are manifested today. Many don't seem to even know what those promises are, and what's contained in them per God's Word.

Read what was told Ezekiel; "Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. 18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it: 19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them. 20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land. 21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went."(Eze. 36:16-21)

But take a look at the next few verses and you'll see why God is going to restore the same national Israel (and not a spiritual Israel). Keep in mind that throughout the Jewish history they had been dispersed or occupied by a world power until 1948; "Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name

Is the Church Israel? For if it is, we are obligated to keep Sabbath day at least in a general sense. If the Church is not Israel then what sense would there be to keep the Sabbath. In the Scripture we find the Church is not Israel the nation, but a separate entity under an entirely new covenant. Israel is called the wife of Jehovah in the Old Testament, while the Church is called the bride of Christ in the New Testament. This shows distinctions in how God relates to each, and how each group is related to God. The word Israel is always descriptive of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. It was Jacob whose name was changed to Israel and had 12 sons that became the nation of Israel. It is the physical posterity of Jacob that is Israel, this is what makes one Jewish. Many transfer the promises and the covenants of Israel to the Church, but there is absolutely no reason to do this. The Church is not spiritual Israel. Look up this phrase; you'll never find the term or concept in the Bible. There are only two verses that are used to validate this view, both are unsupported when they are read in their full context.

There was no Church in the Old Testament because there was no incarnation, no revelation of the Son, nor his sacrifice that broke down the middle wall of partition that separated the Jews from the Gentiles (Eph.2:14). For the Church is made up of both believing Jews and Gentiles, not so for Israel.

Gal.3:29 says that those who belong to Christ are Abraham's seed. The seed of Abraham does not mean one is Israel. It means those who are justified by faith are spiritual descendants of Abraham but this does not make them descendants of Jacob, who is Israel. They partake in the spiritual blessings that come through Israel. While there are two different groups of people who can be descendants of Abraham one of which is the Arabs, they do not share in the promises of Jacob. Only Israel is descended from the physical posterity of Jacob. God had specially promised to Israel salvation and the believing Jews received it through the gospel. But Paul explains that not all the natural descendants of Jacob were embraced in this "Israel;" for that "they are not all Israel, which are of Israel" (Rom. 9:6). As Paul already declared in an earlier chapter: "He is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly" (Rom. 2:28, 29). The seed which is Israel is from Jacob and the apostle and other writers make a clear distinction between this and Abraham's seed.

"But they have not all obeyed the gospel" ( Rom. 10:16). They have not all responded to God's call to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. This is foretold by Isaiah, who is quoted by Paul in Rom. 9:27; that only a remnant of the natural descendants of Jacob would obtain the salvation of God. "Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the remnant hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded" (Rom. 11:7).

Gal. 3:7 "Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham." Being a son of Abraham does not make one a Jew, being a son of Jacob does, so a gentile can be a son of Abraham. But Jew's are a son of Abraham and of Jacob.

As Paul stated in Rom. 4:11-16, the children of Abraham, are those who have the faith of Abraham, whether by their natural birth they were Jews or Gentiles. This is detailed in Galatians 3 and 4; Gal. 3:26 "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus" both Jews and Gentiles are spiritual brethren in the body of Christ." The apostle says, to Gentile believers: "And if ye be Christ's then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Gal. 3:29). So those who accept the Gospel both Jews and Gentiles are of Abraham's seed, but only those who are physically Israel are from Jacobs seed.

The other verse is Gal.6:16 where Paul is addressing both believing Jews and Gentiles in the church "As many as walk according to this rule (Gentile believers) and upon "the Israel of God." This can be made clear by the preceding verses v.12-13 where Paul is tackling the topic of circumcision and the Jews influence to have the gentiles circumcised. He then tells us the mandatory rite of the Abrahamic covenant is not applicable to the believer but it is the cross that is necessary to make a new creation. In its context this term means Jews who are believers, who believe salvation is by faith in Christ contrary to what the Judaizer's were teaching that the law was needed also. Those (Jews) who obey this are the Israel of God (the remnant). Paul also addresses this in Rom.9:6-8 that there are two Israel's, one that consists of Jews and the elect, the true Israel which are the physical posterity and also have the faith of Abraham, they are the Israel of God mentioned in Gal.6. As Paul states, " for they are not all Israel who are of Israel" (Rom.9:6). There is also "Israel" after the flesh found in 1 Cor.10:18. The Church is never called spiritual Israel or is a new Israel replacing the old. Nor does it say believers become Jews. Both gentiles and Jews participate together in the New Covenant. as Eph. 2 addresses the middle wall of partition being broken down and God making a new entity. The church is neither Jew or Gentile but consists of both. The two put together make one "new man," a third entity that is not Israel nor gentile. The word Israel is used 73 times in the New Testament, not once is it used for the Church.

Romans 2:28-29, "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God." Notice that the whole chapter is addressing the Jews. Within Paul's theme of the book of Romans he addresses mankind that can be outlined in 3 portions. The whole world is under condemnation of sin1:18-3:30; then he addresses the Gentiles 1:18-2:16; He addresses the Jews 2:17-3:20.

According to Paul's specific aim in this portion of the letter, not all the descendants from Jacob are Israel; as he states on 9:6 "They are not all Israel who are Israel." Not all who are named Jews are truly Jews, the true Israel of God (the Jews) are those who believe in the Messiah. Rom.2:17- 20 starts with the greater responsibility the Jews have. He points to the law that was not given to the Gentiles but the nation of Israel, and they have the responsibility of knowing God.

It never says anything about a gentile being a spiritual Jew but is explaining that one is really Jewish not by the keeping of the law, but having a born again experience. Paul is directing the teaching of the promised new covenant specifically to the Jews who believe, although the Gentiles are included. Paul is not teaching Gentiles become spiritual Jews but not all Jews are true Jews. There are Jews who believe and the Jews who are in unbelief. Just as it is put in other areas of a remnant among Israel, the true believers and a non-remnant, believing Israel as the Israel of God.

A believing Gentile becomes a spiritual son of Abraham which is an inheritor of the spiritual blessings God promised to the Jews, they are grafted into the covenant he made with Israel.

As for Israel, the Jews, Jer.30:18, 31:8 "Behold I will bring them from the north country and gather them from the ends of the earth."

Isa.43:5 "I will bring your descendants from the east and gather you from the west..."

It is a nation that is being gathered today for the tribulation in their original homeland Israel, they are gathered first in unbelief until that fateful day where in Romans 11 Paul says they will all be saved, after the fullness of the gentiles has come in. The Church (made up of both Jews and Gentiles) and is dealt with differently than the nation of Israel, God obviously has a different plan for both.

Is the Church Israel? For if it is, we are obligated to keep Sabbath day at least in a general sense. If the Church is not Israel then what sense would there be to keep the Sabbath. In the Scripture we find the Church is not Israel the nation, but a separate entity under an entirely new covenant. Israel is called the wife of Jehovah in the Old Testament, while the Church is called the bride of Christ in the New Testament. This shows distinctions in how God relates to each, and how each group is related to God. The word Israel is always descriptive of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. It was Jacob whose name was changed to Israel and had 12 sons that became the nation of Israel. It is the physical posterity of Jacob that is Israel, this is what makes one Jewish. Many transfer the promises and the covenants of Israel to the Church, but there is absolutely no reason to do this. The Church is not spiritual Israel. Look up this phrase; you'll never find the term or concept in the Bible. There are only two verses that are used to validate this view, both are unsupported when they are read in their full context.

"Read in their full context" by some means to add a whole bunch of scripture lawyer ideas to it in order to change how it's written. Let's see how the apostle Paul defined Israel per the New Covenant...

Rom 9:6-8

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

(KJV)

That means believing Gentiles on Christ Jesus NOW are Israel too! Again, that's the augmentation idea of believing Gentiles being joined to the 'commonwealth of Israel', not a separate Salvation for Gentile believers!

Your ideas aren't even close. Those are mostly a bunch of interpretive ideas from scripture lawyers that form men's doctrines loosely based on The Bible, especially that false view that only Jews are Israelites, which means to throw away the majority of Israelites of the ten tribes that were lost to the world (but not to God - Amos 9:9).

Much of God's Word will not be properly grasped without understanding about the two 'houses' of Israel and God's Promises to Israel, especially the Birthright and what it contains.

Another thing in general, for those who haven't looked for The Gospel in the Old Testament Books, well IT is there! Only by listening to scripture lawyers will you miss It! Truly, they want to throw the Old Testament Books away!

Here's some things contained in God's Birthright promise to His Israel...

1. great number of seed, as many as the stars of the sky and sands of the sea. Where are they, for the Jews are not even the majority in the West, nor the Holy Land?

2. possessing the gate of one's enemies. That means the enemy's ability to go to and fro on the earth. Does the nation state of Israel in the Holy Land have that power today? If not, then where is it?

3. plenty of corn and wine, dew of heaven and fatness of the earth. Again, is that in the Holy Land among the nation state of Israel? If not, then where are the best crop producing lands on earth, and what peoples possess them? It sure ain't in Russia, nor the middleast or far east.

4. the earthly throne of David. Anyone care to find that one today? (Gen.49:10).

Christ's enemies well know about those Promises from God to His Israel under Christ Jesus. And, they know where they are manifested on this earth today, because they know where and who to attack. Sadly, many of God's people don't know, and that's why they are losing them and giving them up to Christ's enemies.

Let's do a bit of Bible study in Romans where Paul shows up those scripture lawyers and their context games...

Rom 4:2-16

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him That justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Uh, you mean Abraham's Faith was counted to him as righteousness, and not of works by the law? That's right, just like Paul says.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

What? David also described that same idea of righteousness through Faith without the works of the law? Yeah! You know, isn't that a major component of THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST? Yep! But what's that doing way back in the Old Testament? The Old Testament Books is what Scripture the apostle Paul USED when preaching THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST! Christ would call on Paul to write most of the New Testament Books. But make no mistake, Paul's quoting these ideas from the Old Testament Books.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

Upon both, of course, because that Faith is not by the law, nor by flesh circumcision.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

The Promise of The Gospel to Abraham by FAITH was given to him before he was circumcised. It was "reckoned" prior to Abraham's circumcision! That means The Gospel Promise had nothing to do with the law nor works of the law, because the law was not even given yet then!

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Pretty deep idea here by Paul. Abraham's circumcision served as a token for his Faith. His Faith was first, and then the token next. And for this cause, Abraham has become our spiritual father too in the New Covenant! The idea is, The Gospel was first offered to Abraham by Faith, and he believed (as our Lord Jesus said at the end of John 8). His circumcision given next served as a token for both Israel, AND those not circumcised! (Gentiles)

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

There it is again. Abraham is the father of circumcision for the saved of both believing Israel, and believing Gentiles. Paul is linking that Promise Abraham was given by Faith to The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Heir of the world? Yeah, and fellow-heirs we are to be with Christ Jesus. Per Rev.11:15 when Christ returns, all the nations of this world become His. His Kingdom is going to be here, on earth. We rule with Him on the earth, not up in the clouds.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

If we could become heirs by works of the law, then The Gospel Promise by Faith would mean nothing, and of no effect. Does that mean no Israelite can have that Faith, simply because the scripture lawyers want us to think all Israel is "of the law"? Nope. The law is good like Paul says elsewhere, but it cannot save.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

(KJV)

Notice those "of the law" are not left out of that Faith. That means those of Israel that have believed on Jesus Christ in the Gospel Promise first given through Abraham. It's to both, believing Israelite and Gentile, by Faith. That's why Abraham is the "father of us all" like Paul says. Thus Paul connects The Gospel Promise back to Abraham and then forward to us today. How is it then, that the scripture lawyers want to leave that Old Testament connection out?

More by the Apostle Paul...

Gal 3:6-9

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Why would Paul say believers on Christ today have a connection to Abraham's Faith? Doesn't that show what Promise it was that he believed on? Yes, it does. It's called The Gospel Promise, meaning Salvation through God's Promised Savior Jesus Christ.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

(KJV)

If you be "of faith", meaning Faith on The Gospel Jesus Christ, then you blessed WITH faithful Abraham, not separately, but with Abraham. Doesn't that also show Abraham's Faith is the same type as our Faith? Yes. Why would corrupt scripture lawyers want to throw away that connection between believers on Christ today being blessed with Abraham about The Gospel?

Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

(KJV)

Read that slowly. What's the subject and object? Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law... that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ... that we might receive THE PROMISE of The Spirit through FAITH. Paul gives a bit more detail about THE PROMISE including the gift of The Holy Spirit through Faith. That's a hard connection Paul makes there between the Faith of Abraham and The Gospel Promise Jesus Christ. And some say The Gospel isn't written in the Old Testament Books?

Gal 3:28-29

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

(KJV)

What Promise is that? The Gospel Promise. Note it's about spiritual seed in that Promise. Does that exclude Abraham and Israelites since they were flesh seed in that Promise? Absolutely not! Here Paul shows how Abraham was the FIRST in The Gospel Promise to have his Faith counted as righteousness, even before... Christ was yet come in the flesh! "Well, he couldn't have known about Christ in his day", some might say. Oh no?...

Our Lord Jesus Christ said...

John 8:56-58

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto Him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?"

58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

(KJV)

When did Abraham see Christ's day, and rejoice in it?

What? How many have missed Melchizedek appearing to Abraham in Genesis 14 and offering him "bread and wine"? The name Melchizedek comes from two Hebrew words, 'King' and 'The Just'. WHO is The King of The Just, or King of Righteousness as there can only be One? And what did our Lord Jesus offer to His Apostles at the Last Supper to represent His Blood shed on the cross and His body crucified upon the cross for the remission of sins by Faith?

Celt, I understand and believe (in most part) of what you are saying, But there are basically two lines of thought concerning the nation Israel and the Church. Just hear me out a little;

One of the great theological battlegrounds of orthodox Christianity throughout the centuries has been the nature and character of the Church, especially in relation to its biblical predecessor, Israel. The two major views are that:

1. The Church is a continuation of Israel
  2. The Church is completely different from Israel

First View: The Church is Israel

The predominant view has been that the Church is the

Continuing....

How Did the Church Decide the Demise of Israel?

The New Testament Church was very much involved with the vicissitudes of Israel. Jesus is an Israeli, as were all the apostles, and the concerns of Israel, spiritually and politically, were very much a part of their lives. The greatest struggles the early Church had were over the relationship between Israel and the Church, law and grace, and the fellowship between Jewish and Gentile believers in Christ (Galatians). Many of the Jewish believers were not comfortable with the Gentile believers at first; and as time went on and Gentiles began to predominate numerically, the attitudes were reversed. Galatians shows how the Jewish party tried to impose the Mosaic Law on Gentile Christians, and Romans shows how the Gentile party began to

First View: The Church is Israel

The predominant view has been that the Church is the