• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What local broadcasting?

We don't have any "religious" local broadcasting here. How many prisons would have local access to such?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What local broadcasting?

We don't have any "religious" local broadcasting here. How many prisons would have local access to such?

Money's no object with the God of the universe! He delivers the best, and uses people of excellence who have been given access to top-notch technology---all for the Kingdom! I pray that many thousands of prisoners will meet the Saviour and begin a life worth living because of this! That's what it's all about!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

What local broadcasting?

TBN's on local broadcasting in just about every state. In fact I think they even have their own towers in Texas. Typically their station is on the upper-end of the dial.

If this company can make it work, then that's just fine. However I just wonder how much of their budget is private and how much is funded by State/Fed taxes.

Don't most, if not, all, prison systems have clergy staff, in-prison ministries, and venues that prisoners can access for worship, fellowship, etc.? I guess I'm wondering why having TBN is such a big deal. :o

I guess I'm wondering why having TBN is such a big deal. :thumbsup:

:laugh: Because they are offering to help?

From the article:

~~~~

Through Second Chance, correctional facilities can opt to receive up to four of TBN's faith-based channels-including TBN, the nation's most popular and most requested faith channel; The Church Channel, which airs church services and teaching programs from different denominations; TBN Enlace USA, which offers faith programs from Latin American countries and the U.S., all in Spanish; and JCTV, the only faith-based entertainment channel in the U.S. for 13-29 year-olds. [Note: not all 4 channels are available through local cable.]

After JCTV was installed at his private juvenile facility in Texas, Executive Director Dan Ytuarte said the effect was immediate and noticeable. "Wow! What a complement to our existing faith-based initiative. JCTV has opened many doors to change the lives of our young generation."

All four TBN Second Chance channels can be received with a Ku band satellite dish and appropriate receivers, which are provided, installed and maintained free of charge by TBN. But now, through new partnerships with Buford Satellite Systems and Correctional Cable TV-the nation's two largest providers of correctional cable-prisons and jails already using their services can opt to receive up to four TBN Second Chance channels, which the companies have agreed to integrate into existing channel lineups free of charge.

(emphasis mine)