IGNORED

October 31

ColleenLovesMischief

For those who don't celebrate Halloween.

If you're doing something on that night that you don't do any other time of the year, you're celebrating Halloween.

As for myself, it's just another day.

We do something different: we shut off our lights and pretend to be out.

Why?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

However, considering that Samhein falls at the same time (right?) there is a lot of spiritual darkness going on.

Yes, Samhain falls on 31 October, however, 6 months later there is another pagan holiday named Beltaine. I dont see anyone up in arms about May Day?!

Pagans operate 24/7, they sing songs whenever they feel the need, they say their prayers and burn their herbs and dance and celebrate their seasons based on their mythology. Samhain is no more hallowed to them than any of the other feast days (Yule, Imbolc, Mabon, etc) and it is no more a threat to us than any of their other feast days. I really dont see why people read heightened spiritual activity into the day when the same demons associated with Samhain are associated with Yule and Lughnasadh. So they recognise the death process in nature and in human life, later on they recognise the birth process. Their religion is false and the gods are nothing but demons, but then again, Kali is also a demon(ess?) and I dont hear a massive uproar about this week (which is a holy week in India). The holiday Samhain is no more evil (or less evil) than any other holiday in any other false religion.

Guest Biblicist

If you're doing something on that night that you don't do any other time of the year, you're celebrating Halloween.

Isn't that kind of like a lie?

Doesn't our belief system have rules about lying? :emot-heartbeat:

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

However, considering that Samhein falls at the same time (right?) there is a lot of spiritual darkness going on.

Yes, Samhain falls on 31 October, however, 6 months later there is another pagan holiday named Beltaine. I dont see anyone up in arms about May Day?!

Pagans operate 24/7, they sing songs whenever they feel the need, they say their prayers and burn their herbs and dance and celebrate their seasons based on their mythology. Samhain is no more hallowed to them than any of the other feast days (Yule, Imbolc, Mabon, etc) and it is no more a threat to us than any of their other feast days. I really dont see why people read heightened spiritual activity into the day when the same demons associated with Samhain are associated with Yule and Lughnasadh. So they recognise the death process in nature and in human life, later on they recognise the birth process. Their religion is false and the gods are nothing but demons, but then again, Kali is also a demon(ess?) and I dont hear a massive uproar about this week (which is a holy week in India). The holiday Samhain is no more evil (or less evil) than any other holiday in any other false religion.

What you say is true; however, Samhain is also known as the time where the the veil is "thinnest" between the spiritual and natural worlds. Having been Wiccan, I think that there is heightened activity in the unseen realms around this season. But, I was also a practicing medium for a while as well. The most conducive time to conduct some seances would be on that day.

I agree that they are all wrong but I personally feel that those who have had past activities in the occult are more spiritually weak during the Samhain season. Maybe there should be more prayer for those of us struggling with real spiritual battles as a result. IMHO.

What you say is true; however, Samhain is also known as the time where the the veil is "thinnest" between the spiritual and natural worlds. Having been Wiccan, I think that there is heightened activity in the unseen realms around this season. But, I was also a practicing medium for a while as well. The most conducive time to conduct some seances would be on that day.

It might have seemed this way, but the world is crawling with demons and angels 24/7. That's just how it is.

Think of it this way.

Suppose there was a town and in that town there were 12 cats. When they dont all congregate together, the people in this little town dont pay much attention to those cats, they know they are there and when the trash is messed with, they say "those stupid cats got in the trash again." they know what that awful noise is when the cats caterwaul. But sometimes, for some reason the townspeople dont understand, the cats all run as a group. When they run in a group the people say "Where did all these cats come from? They're running amok and taking over our neighbourhood" There are still 12 cats, and there is no increase in their activity, just a change in how that activity LOOKS to the people in town.

The veil between the worlds was supposed to allow you to have contact with the dead. "the dead come back home at Samhain" the song says. But once you know the truth, you realise that there really is no 'underworld' as Wicca believes so there is no veil between the dead and the living to thin. It's the same as any other day.

Now, if there are no more angels or demons alive on Samhain than any other time, how would you account for your experiences? Deception.

Part of it was that the veil existed and you believed you could access the dead.

Part of it was also the perception of greater activity. As I said, there are other holidays dedicated to demonic forces throughout the year. These alleged gods do anything from drinking milk to healing to speaking through that chick who renamed herself Ramtha.

This goes on all the time, not just at Samhain where some pagans think they might commune with the dead. So, logically, if there is no increase in Demons, there is no increase in activity. So, it's mainly a matter of them switching from one grift to another. In the case of October, they switch their deceptions from activities associated with that Kali festival I mentioned earlier to the Wiccan Samhain.

I agree that they are all wrong but I personally feel that those who have had past activities in the occult are more spiritually weak during the Samhain season. Maybe there should be more prayer for those of us struggling with real spiritual battles as a result. IMHO.

Angelique, dear one, this will pass, trust me. One day memories turn you from a person with a limp to a warrior with a developed muscle. this will be one of your best seasons because you know the truth about death, life and thanksgiving. You understand spiritual harvest to a higher degree than you do now. You will be, like me, trying to explain to Christians who have never had anything to do with Wicca that there is nothing threatening to them in the costume section at Wal-mart, and there are no more demons now than in June.

And you will know it deep inside. What you will feel though, is a greater sense of how lost pagans are not that they are more lost, but because you have a common history you will have a softness in your heart for pagans that will exceed that of many believers and this season, because of your past, will remind you of it and put you in a greater frame of mind to pray for those you remember from your past...which is why I always pray more for pagans at their holy days than any other time of the year.

how do you feel about celebrating the Sol Invictus festival?

It must be just another day, because I've never heard of it.

It's not kind of a lie, it is a lie.

you are right, we do celebrate it, we celebrate it in the name of the Lord, we use it to bring Glory to God to show people that the Lord is the master of every day and that no day can be taken away from him.

We show people that Christians don

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It's not kind of a lie, it is a lie.

You are being judgmental again!

It is a deterrent! We don't have to answer the door! And we don't have to be available to kids screaming for candy! We can go down to our family room and watch movies or TV without being bothered. That is not a lie. We have dominion over our home and what we accept and do not accept coming to our door. Only a dummy will come and ring the bell of a darkened house...