• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Okay sorry to jump into this discussion so late.

The thing that drew me was your heading "Unanswered prayer". The truth is, there is no unanswered prayers. Sometimes God says "Yes", and sometimes God says "No". He has answered you, but maybe not in the way that you'd hoped. Or maybe the answer is Yes, but not in the way that you think. This sort of question to God isn't a simple one, and requires a lot of prayer to find out what He is trying to tell you.

Maybe you'll have another baby, but just not right now. Or maybe you'll never have another baby a couple years from now. Or maybe God desires that you take in a child that isn't yours....maybe fostering a child? Or maybe he wants you to adopt? I wouldn't ignore this longing to have another child, but just keep in mind that God doesn't always want us to have more children, he could just want you to take care of someone elses?

Pray pray pray....God will reveal his plan to you. And be patient! :emot-hug:

God Bless you!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vickyl777

I KNOW HOW BAD A WOMAN CAN WANT MORE CHILDREN IT IS SOMETHING IN OUR BLOOD HOWEVER IF YOU PUSH THE HUBBY IT CAN BACK FIRE ON YOU AND THE KIDS YOU ALREADY HAVE.DO YOU WORK? OR A STAY AT HOME MOM? SOME TIMES PEOPLE CAN FEEL LIKE ALL THEY DO IS WORK AND MAYBE THE HUBBY WOULD LIKE TO STOP HAVING THE KIDS BECAUSE IN 15 YEARS THE WOULD LIKE TO SPEND TIME WITH ONLY YOU AND NOT A NEW BORN.OR HE MYBE SAYING TO HIMSELF THAT I DONT WANT TO BE 75 YEARS OLD AN HAVE KIDS STILL AT HOME. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PUSH HIM INTO SOMETHING HE DOES NOT WANT? DONT GET ME WRONG I HAVE THREE KIDS AND I LOVE THEM WITH EVERY I HAVE BUT OUR YOUNGEST ONE WILL BE 18 WHEN MY HUBBY WILL BE 65.AND THAT IS WHY WERE NOT HAVEING ANY MORE :th_praying:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I KNOW HOW BAD A WOMAN CAN WANT MORE CHILDREN IT IS SOMETHING IN OUR BLOOD HOWEVER IF YOU PUSH THE HUBBY IT CAN BACK FIRE ON YOU AND THE KIDS YOU ALREADY HAVE.DO YOU WORK? OR A STAY AT HOME MOM? SOME TIMES PEOPLE CAN FEEL LIKE ALL THEY DO IS WORK AND MAYBE THE HUBBY WOULD LIKE TO STOP HAVING THE KIDS BECAUSE IN 15 YEARS THE WOULD LIKE TO SPEND TIME WITH ONLY YOU AND NOT A NEW BORN.OR HE MYBE SAYING TO HIMSELF THAT I DONT WANT TO BE 75 YEARS OLD AN HAVE KIDS STILL AT HOME. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PUSH HIM INTO SOMETHING HE DOES NOT WANT? DONT GET ME WRONG I HAVE THREE KIDS AND I LOVE THEM WITH EVERY I HAVE BUT OUR YOUNGEST ONE WILL BE 18 WHEN MY HUBBY WILL BE 65.AND THAT IS WHY WERE NOT HAVEING ANY MORE

Were you posting this to make yourself feel better about not having any more kids? Because it surely can't be meant to make me feel better.

I am not pushing my husband to have more kids and I do not want him to have kids he doesn't want to have. DUH! I titled this post "unanswered prayer", not "how can I make my husband have more kids". The point of my post was to say why is it we could pray for something for years and the matter is never cleared up? I have prayed that he will change his heart and WANT another child. That hasn't happened. I have prayed that God would take away my desire, so that I do not want another child. That hasn't happened, either.

I'm pretty sure I don't need someone new to point out the disadvantages of having a child while in the older age bracket.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/09/1977

I KNOW HOW BAD A WOMAN CAN WANT MORE CHILDREN IT IS SOMETHING IN OUR BLOOD HOWEVER IF YOU PUSH THE HUBBY IT CAN BACK FIRE ON YOU AND THE KIDS YOU ALREADY HAVE.DO YOU WORK? OR A STAY AT HOME MOM? SOME TIMES PEOPLE CAN FEEL LIKE ALL THEY DO IS WORK AND MAYBE THE HUBBY WOULD LIKE TO STOP HAVING THE KIDS BECAUSE IN 15 YEARS THE WOULD LIKE TO SPEND TIME WITH ONLY YOU AND NOT A NEW BORN.OR HE MYBE SAYING TO HIMSELF THAT I DONT WANT TO BE 75 YEARS OLD AN HAVE KIDS STILL AT HOME. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PUSH HIM INTO SOMETHING HE DOES NOT WANT? DONT GET ME WRONG I HAVE THREE KIDS AND I LOVE THEM WITH EVERY I HAVE BUT OUR YOUNGEST ONE WILL BE 18 WHEN MY HUBBY WILL BE 65.AND THAT IS WHY WERE NOT HAVEING ANY MORE

Were you posting this to make yourself feel better about not having any more kids? Because it surely can't be meant to make me feel better.

I am not pushing my husband to have more kids and I do not want him to have kids he doesn't want to have. DUH! I titled this post "unanswered prayer", not "how can I make my husband have more kids". The point of my post was to say why is it we could pray for something for years and the matter is never cleared up? I have prayed that he will change his heart and WANT another child. That hasn't happened. I have prayed that God would take away my desire, so that I do not want another child. That hasn't happened, either.

I'm pretty sure I don't need someone new to point out the disadvantages of having a child while in the older age bracket.

I think she was just sympathizing with you Lily, letting you know you weren't alone. I don't think she meant anything negative by her post to you.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I am having a hard time with this whole thread. First you say you want encouragement but does that mean you just want us to say you are right and never point out where you could possibly be wrong. I have 4 children 2 adopted and 2 biological i lost 2 also. I wouldn't know if you are being lead by God or not, however, seems as if you are so wanting a child that you don't want to see if maybe you are wrong. I didn't want my last child i was older my husband was abusive and its dangerous for me to get pregnant. My husband didn't let me use birthcontrol and my daughter and i are lucky to be alive. i guess what i am saying is that he felt like you did and i don't think anyone was led by God it was selfish desire and almost dieing really didn't matter as much to him as having that child. so maybe reexamining your motives and really listening to your husband is in order. i don't know just my opinion.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/11/1945

Hi, I hope someone can offer some words that might help. I am a happy mom of 3 kids. I really wanted to have a big family, though, and I had thought that God led me in that direction also. Hubby has said no, no, no, no to having more kids, he wasnt even keen to have 3 in the first place. Honestly, I really, truly believed that eventually my prayers would be answered and we would have at least one more little baby. But now I'm thinking it probably isn't going to go that way. We are getting into the advanced age range, esp dh, who is older than me.

I have tried to learn to accept it this way. I can even see all the perks about being "done" - all those things people say look, now we can do. And believe me I dread all that pregnancy would even entail. I am high risk and have lost babies before, so I know what I face. But I can't get over wanting to just give it one more go, one last time before we are just plain too old and it's just plain too impractical.

I have also prayed that if this is not in the cards, God please just take away my longing. But that just doesn't seem to happen. I can practicallly sense this other child I believe I should be the mother of - does that sound kookie?

Anyway, any encouragement would help. Thanks.

Dear Lily, sometimes when we are not hearing a fresh answer from the Lord, the answer may be found written in His Word. In times like you mention, I have always relied on 1 Chronicles 29:11-12. In one version (TLB) it states, "We adore You as being in control of everything." Begin your prayers with thanksgiving for what you DO have. Then read aloud the praises at the beginning of the verses aforementioned. Then say aloud the confession that God is in control of everything. He is, whether we see it or not. Then thank Him for access to the Throne of Grace through the Blood of Jesus and add your "Amen". Amen means, "So be it". Then leave it with Him to work out in His own time and His own way. You didn't mention whether you have given your life to Jesus. If you have, then your life is not your own anyway; and a good marriage relationship is more important than having our own way--even for good things. Perhaps your husband is afraid he will lose you if you attempt to have one more child. It's tough, but love him for himself as he is; and be thankful for what you DO have. Once you release your longing to God to work out as He wishes, you will have peace. Just to let you know that I understand you, you should know that I am a mother of two, and I thought I wanted 20. (After all, Mrs. Wesley had 20 children, and she was a real prayer warrior!) My husband had the same feelings as yours. When I gave it to God, I began to enjoy having just two children. I believe the same will happen for you.