• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I am done.

Brother -thank you so much for all your work in this thread. I was blessed tremendously in the reading of it, and in the contemplation of it. You're a true force in the Lord's service, Shiloh. :D Blessings to you, brother. :noidea:

:thumbsup::noidea: I agree.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Genesis 15, Covenant of One-Galatians 3:20

By John M. Whalen

(bold my emphasis)

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." Romans 15:4

There are many spiritual applications in this passage from the scripture. I thought I would share the following I was shown.

Abram gathers 5 animals (the # 5 represents grace). At this time, when 2 parties intended to make a meaningful agreement, an animal(s) was sacrificed, split open down the middle, and the 2 parties would walk hand-in-hand, up and down the path between the sacrificed animal(s). This was referred to as "cutting a covenant."

To signify the unconditional nature of the covenant, and thus demonstrate that this promise to Abram was dependent on God alone and His faithfulness, and not on Abram, God put Abram into a "deep sleep."

The sun goes down, Abram is in a deep sleep, and "

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Many of Christ's servants have reached out to you, and spoke the truth to you. I thank them, for their time and most importantly, for their heart.

You've heard nothing mike. Your eyes and ears hear and see only the natural. You dont' even exhibit a desire to dig further than the surface. You do not see the glorious unfolding of the Lord's divine plan of salvation as it was introduced from the beginning. You do not see the Lord Jesus from the foundations of the earth. You do not hear Him as He calls us to believe and you do not see the prophecies that were fulfilled by God Himself. Your eyes are blind. Your ears are deaf.

My hope was that this thread would spark a fire within you to search Him out. Instead, your head is full of your own knowledge, your flesh is satisfied, and your appetite is sated.

I am very sorry that you came here with an agenda, mike. I had such hope. There is no reason to continue this thread.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shiloh357

Yes, I would like to see him break this down in Greek for us before I respond. The onus is on tinsnail to provide the evidence for his assertions. This should be interesting.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/29/1945

Yes, I would like to see him break this down in Greek for us before I respond. The onus is on tinsnail to provide the evidence for his assertions. This should be interesting.

Here is a greek interlinear website that goes word for word. Enen on this site the tendency to switch "he" for "it" shows up in the translation at the far right. If someone has that doctrinal bent, it is irresistible:

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterli...NTpdf/joh14.pdf

Where can we discuss the "word" of Jn1 ?

Cliff

Guest shiloh357

Here is a greek interlinear website that goes word for word. Enen on this site the tendency to switch "he" for "it" shows up in the translation at the far right. If someone has that doctrinal bent, it is irresistible:

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterli...NTpdf/joh14.pdf

So why is even that interlinear site wrong??? I am curious, can you actually break those verses down gramattically in the Greek to explain why the "it" is the correct word and generations of Greek scholars got it wrong?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Where can we discuss the "word" of Jn1 ?

Cliff

Here is fine.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

all of the reasons you stated,, i agree ,, and know jesus is lord,, it might seem silly what im about to type in but ,, i looked at his mother,, an in line decendent of david ,, a jewish mother who sat back and watched her son be falsely accused and crucified with out saying a word ....... she could have went to the chief priest and scribes telling them she taught her son to be as he was placing the blame on herself ,, she could have done alot a things to try and defend her son ,,, but she did nothing.. (praise god) but take it all in .. and how could she do that if she didnt know jesus was god ??? had she tryed stop it then maybe i might think diffently about it ,,, but she did nothing but cry showing her sorrow but never interfearing,,(my spelling lol) ,, thats what put the icing on the cake for me so to speak ,, god pointed that out to me when i was reading the bible ,, :emot-hug: arrow from god

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I just looked at the greek text. I see nothing that requires a switch from "he" to "it"

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/29/1945

The greek is correct. The english interpretation is incorrect. There is a long and notable history of this behavior. The most obvious is in the Greek Interlinear Kingdom Translation by the JWs. In John 1:1, the greek shows "word was God", and over in the english translation it says "word was a God". There reasoning is that due to the absence of a specific article ("the", in this case) they felt they could use the non-specific article "a". They built their entire theology on an omission. The problem is that the absence of a specific article is not license for using a non-specific. There is no precedent to do what they did.

Another common example is John 1:2. The NIV says: He was with God in the beginning. The KJV says: The same was with God in the beginning. The KJV is correct, as the greek word supports "the same" or "it". The one example of "he" changes the entire meaning of the first half of Jn 1.

If you use He in that case, then "the word" becomes a person. If you use "the same" or "it", the the word remains what it truly is...and that is the ideas, thought and concepts of God that are held inside or expressed. Consider this. If "the word of God" is really just his words, then John 1 is all about God the Father until verse 14. God is the light.....

But then this begins lots of other discussions....because also Jesus is the word....but in a way that is different from what is commonly taught.