traveller

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

This subject came up in another thread. I would appreciate the discussion of this issue that is at the core of our faith. If someone comes up to you and asks, "Why do you believe that Jesus is God," what would you answer?

I leave the following verses -

Jhn 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: [then] came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace [be] unto you.

Jhn 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Jhn 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Jhn 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jhn 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Jhn 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jhn 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Jhn 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

What say ye, saints?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

i agree :whistling:

here is another

John 8: 58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

There are many proofs of coarse but one of my favorites that you haven't mentioned yet is...

HE calmed the seas. In ancient times, as with today, there were many magicians and sorcerers BUT none of them could control the seas. The sea was looked upon by the Jews as a great abyss and was greatly feared. ONLY God could calm the sea. :whistling:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

My husband writes weekly commentaries and sends them by email to people as well as being featured on a couple of websites. This is one he wrote on this subject and I thought I would post it here.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Is Jesus Christ God Almighty?

Why is it so hard to take the Bible seriously? As Christians, we must believe God says what He means, and means what He says. We cannot understand the Holy Bible if we are not born again believers. A nonbeliever can read the Bible over and over, but until that person saved, the Bible will just be foolishness.

There are many proofs of coarse but one of my favorites that you haven't mentioned yet is...

HE calmed the seas. In ancient times, as with today, there were many magicians and sorcerers BUT none of them could control the seas. The sea was looked upon by the Jews as a great abyss and was greatly feared. ONLY God could calm the sea. :wub:

wow thanks Wayne !

while i have so much comfort knowing that the Lord controls the powerful seas and oceans i somehow have over looked this as "proof" of Jesus being God ( i am a bit slow at times lol) neat post bro :thumbsup:

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Jesus was and is God :thumbsup:

1st Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit,seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, and received up into glory.

This is referring (God manifest in the flesh)

:wub:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

HE calmed the seas. In ancient times, as with today, there were many magicians and sorcerers BUT none of them could control the seas. The sea was looked upon by the Jews as a great abyss and was greatly feared. ONLY God could calm the sea. :thumbsup:

Amen Brother! And, His disciples worshipped Him as God. Jesus did not deny it.

Mat 14:32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

Mat 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

We see in Isaiah -

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Immanuel means God with us.

And again in Isaiah

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Matthew 1:23

:thumbsup:

HE calmed the seas. In ancient times, as with today, there were many magicians and sorcerers BUT none of them could control the seas. The sea was looked upon by the Jews as a great abyss and was greatly feared. ONLY God could calm the sea. :wub:

Amen Brother! And, His disciples worshipped Him as God. Jesus did not deny it.

Mat 14:32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

Mat 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

We see in Isaiah -

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Immanuel means God with us.

And again in Isaiah

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Matthew 1:23

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

When you look at the ARM of God in Scripture it's clear it's referring to Jesus. Read this thread!