• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/26/1948

Two good old boys get in a fight. Neither one is a Christian. A knife is drawn and the one kills the other. Now the murderer goes to jail and when in jail there is a prison ministry and he gets saved. So now the murderer is heaven bound. But the guy who was murdered had no such last minute chance. He got killed and is now in hell. It does not seem like God to me.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two good old boys get in a fight. Neither one is a Christian. A knife is drawn and the one kills the other. Now the murderer goes to jail and when in jail there is a prison ministry and he gets saved. So now the murderer is heaven bound. But the guy who was murdered had no such last minute chance. He got killed and is now in hell. It does not seem like God to me.

You sound like a nonbeliever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Chances are likely that man who was killed had an opportunity in life to receive the Lord, but didn't take it.

Guest HIS girl

Chances are likely that man who was killed had an opportunity in life to receive the Lord, but didn't take it.

So true, everyone has opportunities..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Doesn't sound like God to me either. It sounds like sin, operating in both the fighters, and it costs one his life, and the other his freedom. Then, in captivity, the remainiing sinner repents and gets saved. God did not cause the fight, the sin, nor pull the knife, but He provided salvation to the whosoever will, and as long as we have breath, we have a potential opportunity to come to God.

On the cross, both thieves mocked Jesus, at first, but one repented, and the other didn't (or at least there is no record of his doing so), and so one went to paradise, and the other didn't. Mercy was available to both, however.

You sound like a nonbeliever.

A non believer in what? The question involves a salvation issue. What is the line on salvation? Is it purely circumstantial?

Edited by Poindexter

Doesn't sound like God to me either. It sounds like sin, operating in both the fighters, and it costs one his life, and the other his freedom. Then, in captivity, the remainiing sinner repents and gets saved. God did not cause the fight, the sin, nor pull the knife, but He provided salvation to the whosoever will, and as long as we have breath, we have a potential opportunity to come to God.

On the cross, both thieves mocked Jesus, at first, but one repented, and the other didn't (or at least there is no record of his doing so), and so one went to paradise, and the other didn't. Mercy was available to both, however.

The "sounds like God" thing I am getting at is our interpretation of destiny. You go to hell as a victim while a perpetrator gets saved.

That is a philosophical reply. Flip a coin on it. I just do not think physical death is the end of the matter. Although that is what we preach. 1Co 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

Every person starts off on a level playing field...

That is true. But then they should end on a level playing field.