IGNORED

i have a question hoping people here can answer :)

RebekahDavid

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

blessings! i have a question hoping people here can answer. i do not know much about the mormon religion. do they not believe in demons? i am not looking to study their religion just curious about this one aspect thanks.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

thanks rufus! i have no intention of studying it so that is why i was asking other people who might know lol. not sure i understand what i am looking for so i will rephrase it. would mormons say they do not believe in demons? thanks again

Rebekah David

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/04/1953

blessings! i have a question hoping people here can answer. i do not know much about the mormon religion. do they not believe in demons? i am not looking to study their religion just curious about this one aspect thanks.

Rebekah David

I have, on a cd-rom that includes The Bible, The Koran and the Book of Mormon.

When I used the hypertext search feature in the Book of Mormon,

the word "demon" does not occur;

the word, "demons" only occurs one tme in the book of Helaman 13:37:

"Behold, we are surrounded by demons, yea, we are encircled about by the angels of him who hath sought to destroy our souls..."

When I typed in "devils,", here is what came up:

1 Nephi 11:31:

"And he spake unto me again, saying, Look! And I looked, and I beheld the Lamb of God going forth among the children of men. And I beheld multitudes of people who were sick, and who were afflicted with all manner of diseases, and devils and unclean spirits, and the angel spake and showed all these things unto me. And they were healed by the power of the Lamb of God, and the devils and the unclean spirits were cast out."

The next "hit" to come up for the word, "devils" is alien to Biblical Christianity. It depicts unrepentant sinners themselves being transformed into demons .

It is found in 2 Nephi 9:8-9:

"O the wisdom of God, his mercy and grace.! For behold if the flesh should rise no more our spirits must become subject to that angel who fell from before the presence of the Eternal God, and became the devil to rise no more. And our spirits have become like unto him, and we become devils, angels to a devil, to be shut out from the presence of our God, and to remain with the father of lies, in misery, like unto himself, yea to the being who beguiled our first parents, who transformeth himself nigh unto an angel of light, and stirreth up the childrren of men

unto secret combinations of murder and all manner of secret works of darkness."

Several more references to casting out devils occur, and then this surprising text that carbon copies the New Testament, word for word.

3 Nephi 14:22:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name, and in thy name have cast out devils, and in thy name done many wonderful works?"

(The next verses then carbon copy Jesus' sayings about building a house upon a rock.)

The last "hit" for the word "devils" is found in Mormon 9:23: It is a direct quote from Mark 16:17-18 in which Jesus lists the signs that shall follow them that believe, including "in my name they shall cast out devils..."

In all honesty, I was not previously aware that the Book of Mormon had direct quotations from the Bible.

So, thank you. Your question also allowed me to learn some new things.

Edited by Romans623

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/03/1949

Rebekah David

If anyone is going to study mormonism, I strongly reccomend they do so from those who have been in that cult and have been delivered FROM it, and there are more of us than you may know about. It's one of the most elaborate systems of total deceit ever fostered on humanity, fed by the natural human aversion to "standing alone" once they realized they've been duped like all whom they would stand against to stand at all. There's only so many ways a lie can be disguised or "decorated" before it is revealed as the same old lie as Gen. 3:5 ("...ye shall be as Gods..."). This is where I first became aware of the highest number there is: Jesus + You. And yes, Virginia--because of that fact--there IS strength in numbers..!! For more info, see any of these:

www.mrm.org

www.aomin.org

www.frontiernet.net

www.SaintsAlive.com

www.watchman.org

www.utlm.org

www.umi.org

These are all "pro-Biblical Christianity" sites, most of which are administered by Christians who were delivered from mormonism. Mormons consider them to be "anti-mormon" sites. That pretty-much speaks for itself.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

In all honesty, I was not previously aware that the Book of Mormon had direct quotations from the Bible. So, thank you. Your question also allowed me to learn some new things.

Large portions of the book of Mormon are lifted directly from the Bible.

A large portion of what EVE was told was directly from the Word of God also, but satan got her to twist it......

as with judging a word of prophecy, knowledge, wisdom, tongues and interpretation, IF THERE IS EVEN ONE LITTLE PIECE, ONE LITTLE BIT THAT DOES NOT LINE UP WITH THE WORD OF GOD, THROW IT OUT, the entire message, throw it out.....

if a doctrine does not line up completely with the Word of God, it is to be trashed...... do not accept it if it does not line up.

to test it? a person must be in the WORD of GOD to know what is really said..... many pastors and preachers i know tell each and every person the talk to to VERIFY THE SERMONS, VERIFY WHAT IS BEING SAID WITH THE WORD OF GOD THEMSELVES, and I say....DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, SEARCH IT OUT YOURSELF..... should you trust me? yea, i would hope you could, but I am not infallible..... so...... TRUST GOD AND HIS WORD.... NOT MINE.

there are cults and sects that will also teach that even if you do not know Christ, you can still get into heaven by being good or having your family and friends pray you into heaven..... that is not what Christ said..... Christ being the Son of God, He would know more then a man that is the son of a man.....

we, my wife and me, teach the youth we deal with to dig out the information from the Word of God.... they ask questions, we answer and also have them dig out the info themselves to learn how to look it up.... some of them do not read well at all, we assist them in learning how to find it. we do not want them being deceived now or even later by some one else or even us....

a few months ago, a couple young men came by, black slacks, white shirts, nice black ties, really nice looking shoes, clean cut, fresh hair cuts nicely parted..... one was very upset when Jesus was being preached as being the only way to heaven, the other young man perked up and started asking questions. it seems that they are not even taught anything about the Bible, but only (or mostly) from the book of mormon....... when they left, they did not go to any more houses in that area..... it might have been that i told them I didn't need the book of mormon to get to heaven, cause that was when the one young man got upset, the other did not get upset, but like i said, asked some questions and did not seem to know much at all about the Bible.

I enjoy sharing Jesus as being the only way to heaven with others, no matter what their background. you might be surprised at how many people go to "church" somewhere (Christian science, Mormon, J.W., even others ) that really do not know what it takes to get to heaven....... there are even main stream churches ( yes, even some Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Pentacostal, and other denominational people) that are teaching that there are other ways to heaven other then Christ... so what religious background a person has does not matter, what matters is what they are teaching. if it does not line up with the Bible, the Word of God, it is not correct. proven time and time again.

mike

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/03/1949

In all honesty, I was not previously aware that the Book of Mormon had direct quotations from the Bible. So, thank you. Your question also allowed me to learn some new things.

Large portions of the book of Mormon are lifted directly from the Bible.

A large portion of what EVE was told was directly from the Word of God also, but satan got her to twist it......

as with judging a word of prophecy, knowledge, wisdom, tongues and interpretation, IF THERE IS EVEN ONE LITTLE PIECE, ONE LITTLE BIT THAT DOES NOT LINE UP WITH THE WORD OF GOD, THROW IT OUT, the entire message, throw it out.....

if a doctrine does not line up completely with the Word of God, it is to be trashed...... do not accept it if it does not line up.

to test it? a person must be in the WORD of GOD to know what is really said..... many pastors and preachers i know tell each and every person the talk to to VERIFY THE SERMONS, VERIFY WHAT IS BEING SAID WITH THE WORD OF GOD THEMSELVES, and I say....DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, SEARCH IT OUT YOURSELF..... should you trust me? yea, i would hope you could, but I am not infallible..... so...... TRUST GOD AND HIS WORD.... NOT MINE.

there are cults and sects that will also teach that even if you do not know Christ, you can still get into heaven by being good or having your family and friends pray you into heaven..... that is not what Christ said..... Christ being the Son of God, He would know more then a man that is the son of a man.....

we, my wife and me, teach the youth we deal with to dig out the information from the Word of God.... they ask questions, we answer and also have them dig out the info themselves to learn how to look it up.... some of them do not read well at all, we assist them in learning how to find it. we do not want them being deceived now or even later by some one else or even us....

a few months ago, a couple young men came by, black slacks, white shirts, nice black ties, really nice looking shoes, clean cut, fresh hair cuts nicely parted..... one was very upset when Jesus was being preached as being the only way to heaven, the other young man perked up and started asking questions. it seems that they are not even taught anything about the Bible, but only (or mostly) from the book of mormon....... when they left, they did not go to any more houses in that area..... it might have been that i told them I didn't need the book of mormon to get to heaven, cause that was when the one young man got upset, the other did not get upset, but like i said, asked some questions and did not seem to know much at all about the Bible.

I enjoy sharing Jesus as being the only way to heaven with others, no matter what their background. you might be surprised at how many people go to "church" somewhere (Christian science, Mormon, J.W., even others ) that really do not know what it takes to get to heaven....... there are even main stream churches ( yes, even some Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Pentacostal, and other denominational people) that are teaching that there are other ways to heaven other then Christ... so what religious background a person has does not matter, what matters is what they are teaching. if it does not line up with the Bible, the Word of God, it is not correct. proven time and time again.

mike

The best lies are "mostly" true all right. As for the main-stream "churches", like mother-like daughter (Rev. 17:5). SOMETHING that "looks" like a sheep has to be a wolf in disguise--and the disguise needs to be a good one if it's designed to deceive. I know of nothing that "looks" quite so much like the "bride" of Christ as the "daughters" of Babylon, and nothing as confusing as "religion" itself. Of interest, the word "Babylon" translates to the English word "confusion". Also of interest, in Matt. 16:18, Jesus uses a singular noun for His church, a plural one for the "gates" of hell. Many here have already shown they have ears to hear.