IGNORED

Song of Solomon - the Holiest book of the Bible?

Guest HIS girl

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

I have been reading a book by Derek Prince and in it he said he discovered that some Rabbis consider the book - Song of Solomon - to be in some ways the Holiest book in the Bible.

I am in the process of reading another book about the Song of Songs(notes from Watchman Nee) and he says even though Solomon composed a thousand and five songs, this one is by far the most excellent because it is called "The Song of Songs", meaning the best, like The Holy of Holies and the King of Kings, Lord of Lords. The ultimate.

Also the book I am reading of the Song of Songs, the author suggests it's a representation of how WE as individual Followers are to have a passionate, love relationship with Christ. Not so much as the Church and Christ.

Any thoughts?

in some cultures, a person must be over the age of 25 ( or is it 30 ) before they are permitted to read that book.....

as far as being the "MOST HOLY" i have doubts about that. all the books have been tested by strict standards to come up with the final 66 books.

mike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl
in some cultures, a person must be over the age of 25 ( or is it 30 ) before they are permitted to read that book.....

Well I have never heard that apart from another reply here, but I can understand it.....

as far as being the "MOST HOLY" i have doubts about that. all the books have been tested by strict standards to come up with the final 66 books.

mike

I guess I can see somewhat where those Rabbis are coming from...

Because the SOS is a scenario of the love between a man and woman that is 100 percent commitment and a love higher than just fleshly - it's a love that connects mind, body and soul - a complete union of the person/Spiritual union as well...That "knowing" - which is ultimate connection with someone...

So in a sense from a Spiritual angle - it is a glimpse of the ultimate love relationship between God and Believer that is available to us...that total giving of one's self to God and His all consuming love/passion for us.

Just my thoughts.... :24:

Guest HIS girl
I still have a hard time trying to figure out how a single man can satisfy 900 women. mike

Maybe he just said "goodnight" to them........ :rolleyes:

Guest shiloh357
I still have a hard time trying to figure out how a single man can satisfy 900 women. even just meeting their basic needs of even just room and board, much less spending quality time with each of them on a regular bassis.

I find it hard to find the time I want to spend with my one wife. cutting back on work hours, down sizing the living quarters (so there is not a need for more income for utilities and maintenance. we are wanting more time together the more time we spend together.

dont get me wrong, I am not dissing the book, very lovely it is. I just know that I want to serve my wife with more and more every day, how would it be if i had to try and serve two wives or a dozen? dont want to try.... one is all i will ever need.

mike

He didn't satisfy them. They were not "wives" in the absolute sense. He did not have to cohabitate with them as they were marriages of convenience he made by marrying the daughters of pagan kings.

He allowed them to have their own gods and worship according to their own practices. It is likely that these princesses/queens had members of their own courts from back home see to their needs. Solomon was very accomodating to his pagan wives which was in his best interests in keeping good relations with the pagan kings. Remember that these were alliances, so I am sure that his pagan wives had regular contact with their courts in whatever country they were from.