• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

here is a quote from "the Shack":

"Those who love me come from every system that exists. They were Buddhists or Mormons, Baptists or Muslims.... I have no desire to make them Christian, but I do want to join them in their transformation into sons and daughters of my Papa, into my brothers and sisters"

you guys find nothing wrong with this? you see no contradiction with the Bible in that statement? "Every system" doesn't ring any kind of bell with you guys?

this book is decieving new-age trash. just because it gives you warm fuzzy feelings doesn't make it good.

Could you give me the page number on those (or at least the chapter). I would like to read them in context

Eric, I don't remember the page numbers but here is what I read about that quote and posted on another discussion about this book. I think the section this is in is Here comes Da Judge...but not positive. I would have to look it up again. This is my posting:

The quote you posted is taken out of context. When taken out of context of the whole paragraph it does seem misleading. Jesus told the central character, that he (Jesus) was not a Christian and then went on to explain that those who love him come from all beliefs. He says in the next sentence "they were" which implies they at one time were from those beliefs but are now followers of Jesus.

He then explains further that it DOES NOT mean the all roads lead to Jesus, but "Jesus" says in the book that it means HE will travel all roads to find you.

Christ is interested in us being transformed into sons and daugheters of God. Nothing wrong with that.

If you disagree that's ok, but I just felt the need to post clarification because of lot of pretexts come from text taken out of context.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973